mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

28 minutes ago, Kitman said:

At times Sunderland sounds like a medieval village without the mod cons

I think the main difference between medieval sunderland and the present day one is that in those days it wouldn't have been just seagulls whose virginity was at peril but also that of the common crane.

it could well be that mackems were responsible for its extinction by the 16th century.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, RobinRobin said:

Take a pay cut so your name can be sung by shit fans from a shit town in a shit league. Yes, I can see how that's an irresistible offer, Tony.

• Haha 2

Gipetto reckons the Amazon documentary will mention Sunderland in the first few sentences. :lol: :lol: And the other example reckons we're just copying Sunderland by having the documentary. :lol: :lol:

Amanda: "Hello? Is that Amazon media productions? Hi it's Amanda Stavely here. I'm desperate to copy Sunderland and have a documentary about being relegated to the third division, sorry, I mean a documentary about the club as we hopefully have a good season."

Amazon: "Yep, we can do that. This upcoming season ok?"

Amanda: "That would be great. One other thing, can you make sure you mention Sunderland in the first few sentences of the first programme?"

Amazon: "Do Marras shit in public places?"

Amanda and Amazon: [ROFL]

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 11

Tbf it won't be anywhere near as funny or entertaining as the mackem mockumentary one, which gave This is Spinal Tap a run for their money.  I still laugh when I thinkof the WIll Grigg negotiations. :lol:

• Haha 5

I just watched that episode again during a late lunch break. :lol:

It is comedy gold. Possibly my favourite bit outside the Stewart "negotiations" (read him getting bent over a barrel and dry humped for 4 hours) was the BBC Newcastle reporters at the match afterwards. Paraphrasing, "It appears Will Grigg is not on fire. He's gone out".  :lol:

Also that beant hat weirdo, the one wholives in his Mam's attic, appears in it, never noticed it before.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Renton said:

I just watched that episode again during a late lunch break. :lol:

:lol:

You work in the private sector now mate, you don't need to justify "late lunch breaks" taken at 4pm to watch Netflix anymore.  If you still worked for the NHS though I would have come down on you like a fucking TON OF BRICKS for this bullshit. 

• Haha 1