mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Some of them have become quite unhappy.

That Binxy saying that this 11yr old thread proves we're obsessed with them, when their last 3 threads about us have more posts in it, and it started in January 2023

That's by no means comprehensive either. Loads of threads they don't bother merging. Hell, there is still that 600 post thread on a pub in Chester-le-Street in the hidden forum. Also, there is the fact that this thread is mainly dedicated to taking the piss out of the forum because it's just so damn funny. Almost nothing on their matches which aren't watched by anyone. 

Nothing wrong with a bit opf banter with your local rivals, call it obsession if you like, it's always been like this. Thing is, if we have a superiority complex (pprobably do when it comes to football tbf) its nowt compared with their inferiority complex. And I genuinely find their almost universal belief they are inherently morally superior and "classy" as tragic. Guess these notions are all they have.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

every owner of a football club in europe would love the money playing in the champions league generates.

every owner of a football club in europe would welcome the prestige playing in the champions league brings.

every footballer probably in the world would love the opportunity to play football in the champions league.

every football supporter in europe would love to see their club playing in the champions league.

every football supporter in europe would love the opportunity to visit some of the continents stunning, vibrant cities.

except the mackems.

714782745_Screenshot_20230919_082508_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.22beddde8c5d798486cdc1f3beb3d11a.jpg 

:lol: let me do a quick mackem to English translation: 

We’re skint as a club so I’m pretending that’s better than playing competitive football against the best sides in Europe 

• Haha 3

Apparently the pub in CLS were always due to paint a mural for each club, their mistake being painting the newcastle one first, upsetting our more delicate neighbours.

I drove past yesterday and they didn’t have any.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Alex said:

:lol: let me do a quick mackem to English translation: 

We’re skint as a club so I’m pretending that’s better than playing competitive football against the best sides in Europe 

Shocking that this opinion they have has suddenly come up once we started playing in it :lol:.

It’s the premier club competition in Europe ffs, why wouldn’t you want to see your club in it? :lol: Between that and the Premier League we’re seeing some of the best players on the planet, and they suddenly want no part of either competition :lol:. Nah they’d rather watch far lower quality football, because of imaginary morals.

12 hours ago, The Fish said:

image.thumb.png.86065d7e5d54499843fc2bc728db2ebe.png

You never get "Newcastle's a shithole" patter for a fucking reason. 

People for Newcastle wouldn't go to Sunderland for a fucking reason.

What could you get in Sunderland that you couldn't get in Newcastle? Besides the plague?

:lol: It’s like everything with them, they try to start banter - which is fair enough - but then can’t take it when it’s done back to them. The season we got relegated and had a season in the championship being a good example, they went fucking mad, which is fine but the issue was they got more absurd about it no matter how blatant it become that roles were reversing “we’re still one place above yas”, then once it did it become “obsessed”, “I’d rather be in the championship winning every week than in the PL”, “I’d rather be in league one winning every week than in the PL”, and now this hysteria and soap boxing over morals. 

They’ve long tried to point at parts of Newcastle as being dumps, made weird claims on various parts of the area as actually being Sunderland or whatever the fuck else they bleat on about, then once someone, rightly, points out that Sunderland is a dump they cry like that bloke. It’s not a superiority complex, Sunderland just is a dump, much like places like Rotherham, Scunthorpe, etc it’s just a crap town with not much going on, if they want to make themselves feel better by saying only arrogant people think this way they can feel free to delude themselves in a similar manner to this “obsession” shite. 

This whole thread has basically just become laughing at stuff they’re coming up with :lol:. It’s not like we’re coming up with shite like “I saw a bloke on the train in France with a toon top on and shed a tear of pride, if it was a mackem he’d have probably been throwing his shit at people but the toon lad stopped to administer CPR to a bloke who was dying on the train, proper classy lad”. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Clearly there are Sunderland fans lurking here, but haven't the bottle to actually post. I'd like to think that if they were sound they'd be accepted. Now that essembee has disappeared I don't think anyone would follow them around trying to score internet points or anything like what happens to Newcastle fans on there. There'd be piss-taking, of course there would, but I just don't get the sense we'd be as precious as to ban them or shunt this thread off to a hidden board. 

Speaking of hidden boards, they claim the only reason their Mega-threads about us go to the secret board is for fear of upsetting advertisers. I don't know enough about website advertising, but is it likely that a thread criticising the owners of their rivals for their undoubted crimes would give advertisers cause for concern? I mean there are plenty of other message boards out there that have threads about us that aren't hidden away. Spurs' Fighting Cock has our thread on the first page of their general football board, so does RAWK. No idea if they're bigger than RTG, I expect they're comparable at least, but they've got advertisers and they don't hide it away.

They also don't merge all Newcastle related threads off the front page. And Frankly, I'm convinced that's the real reason, it's that these 10k post threads dominated their board, were constantly at the top of the front page and it's embarrassing. There's a dozen or so regularly spending all their time posting inane shit about us and the rest of the message board must surely be sick of it?

If one of them wants to fill us in on the plan to:

1. Win the Championship every year, but..

2. Come to an agreement with the EFL that they don't have to be promoted cos who wants to be in the PL anyway, and...

3. Somehow just repeat this every year without ever benefitting from the PL money and still being better than all of the teams that go up in their stead and come back down, strengthened and newly flush with parachute money...

I'm all fucking ears.

Also, did they intentionally throw the playoffs last year as part of the above plan?

7 hours ago, Howay said:

This whole thread has basically just become laughing at stuff they’re coming up with :lol:. It’s not like we’re coming up with shite like “I saw a bloke on the train in France with a toon top on and shed a tear of pride, if it was a mackem he’d have probably been throwing his shit at people but the toon lad stopped to administer CPR to a bloke who was dying on the train, proper classy lad”. 

This is always the key difference IMO. They put time and energy into following Newcastle so they can rage about us. We just laugh at their message board.

24 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Speaking of hidden boards, they claim the only reason their Mega-threads about us go to the secret board is for fear of upsetting advertisers. I don't know enough about website advertising, but is it likely that a thread criticising the owners of their rivals for their undoubted crimes would give advertisers cause for concern? I mean there are plenty of other message boards out there that have threads about us that aren't hidden away. Spurs' Fighting Cock has our thread on the first page of their general football board, so does RAWK. No idea if they're bigger than RTG, I expect they're comparable at least, but they've got advertisers and they don't hide it away.

They also don't merge all Newcastle related threads off the front page. And Frankly, I'm convinced that's the real reason, it's that these 10k post threads dominated their board, were constantly at the top of the front page and it's embarrassing. There's a dozen or so regularly spending all their time posting inane shit about us and the rest of the message board must surely be sick of it?

I genuinely thought they hid it to stop that guy on twitter poking fun at their insane takes.

Just now, Rayvin said:

This is always the key difference IMO. They put time and energy into following Newcastle so they can rage about us. We just laugh at their message board.

On there they have match threads about our games, some of their members actually watch our U21s play. They have formed opinions on our players, our manager, our sponsorship deals, the way we play, our chances in each competition. 

I don't know who, or when they're playing. Let alone their U21s. I honestly couldn't name one of their players, I know their manager is Mowbray, no idea who sponsors them, how they play or how likely they are to get promoted. 

I'd say the majority of them are similarly in the dark about us. Maybe less so because the Premier League gets more coverage, but the majority of them will have that knowledge by osmosis. 

Just now, Rayvin said:

I genuinely thought they hid it to stop that guy on twitter poking fun at their insane takes.

That, plus it's got to be embarrassing that the biggest Sunderland board was regularly dominated by threads about us, instead of them. I just don't buy that they've merged and hidden all threads about us for fear of upsetting advertisers. There's no way advertisers are going to bother their arse to check on a message board to see if someone has said something about the Saudi regime, right? I mean the most basic level of scrutiny gets applied and that line just doesn't stack up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

2. Come to an agreement with the EFL that they don't have to be promoted cos who wants to be in the PL anyway, and...

3. Somehow just repeat this every year without ever benefitting from the PL money and still being better than all of the teams that go up in their stead and come back down, strengthened and newly flush with parachute money...

I'm all fucking ears.

Also, did they intentionally throw the playoffs last year as part of the above plan?

They actually fucked the plan up. They were meant to narrowly miss out on the playoffs 

7 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

who the fuck advertises on a football fan message board? let alone a sunderland one

I'm guessing they've sold advertising space to some 3rd party company who sell it on. Currently Amazon, but you'd be cracked if you think Amazon have a direct contract with Ready To Go. You'd be even more insane to think they're actively monitoring what some lunatics say on the board about the Saudi Regime. 

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

They actually fucked the plan up. They were meant to narrowly miss out on the playoffs 

Tough balance for them in future. They've got to decide in advance whether this year is a 1st place or a 7th place finish.

Like deciding whether or not to shoot the moon in Hearts.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

They did. But think about the alternative, they remove threads as they deter advertisers because of the anti-Saudi sentiment. Well, that makes the RTG complicit in making money from the Saudis doesn't it, albeit indirectly. Now that is ironic.

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I'm all fucking ears.

By consistently buying cheap, young players from leagues such as France and Holland year after year while also bringing through their renowned, world class youngsters (who surely now won’t choose Newcastle over Sunderland at schoolboy level). It’s a plan that worked fantastically for us if you remember rightly.

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, Renton said:

That's by no means comprehensive either. Loads of threads they don't bother merging. Hell, there is still that 600 post thread on a pub in Chester-le-Street in the hidden forum. Also, there is the fact that this thread is mainly dedicated to taking the piss out of the forum because it's just so damn funny. Almost nothing on their matches which aren't watched by anyone. 

Nothing wrong with a bit opf banter with your local rivals, call it obsession if you like, it's always been like this. Thing is, if we have a superiority complex (pprobably do when it comes to football tbf) its nowt compared with their inferiority complex. And I genuinely find their almost universal belief they are inherently morally superior and "classy" as tragic. Guess these notions are all they have.  

Does it still count as a complex when it's blatantly true?