mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I’d love to know who they think they’re going to get who’d do a better job than Mowbray. 

Well, whoever it is needs to have an understanding of the "model". Which will be quite difficult because as far as I aware the model is some tenuous concept that exists only in the heads of the MLF's of the SMB. As a scholar of the SMB, I have atempted to understand this canon of mackem folklore, and I think managed to establish that in essence, the model is buying kids, hoping they come good, and selling them for a profit, all the while remaining in the league (not get relegated or promoted). So, the same as most lower league clubs then, with a bit less ambition. Ashley definitely bought the wrong club.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

:lol: I love how when they get beat there'll be at least one who starts a thread with a one word title which will be the surname of a manager they have no realistic chance of getting. In this instance 'MackemMagic' does the honours with his 'Potter' thread. 

Getting Dolly or Harry would be more realistic 

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Renton said:

More realistic, I'm not sure. Either would be an interesting move though.

image.png.f4edbf377f53348f37da6281c453bfb2.png

I'm not sure who needs the most support? Sunderland when their fans are on back shift or Dolly for her renowned 'greatest hits'?

:unsure2:

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I'm not sure who needs the most support? Sunderland when their fans are on back shift or Dolly for her renowned 'greatest hits'?

You just know this is going to degenerate when MF clocks this post. 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

My first day in my current role... walked into my office to find a photo of Dolly Parton's face hanging on the wall; after asking around it was apparently done in humour by my predecessor. I binned it and hoyed a photo of her at her best up. New dawn, new day. Went down well; HR is for girls and cowards.

• Haha 4

:lol: They’re brilliant like, trying to make out that us drawing away to PSG is shite while they’re losing at home to Championship relegation battlers. What a bunch of deluded bastards. 

I assume the hype for their new age busby babes has died down a bit after they’ve watched a 17 year old Miley get plaudits from everyone and put in an assured performance in a CL away game? There’s levels to this game bitches, but they already know that seeing as they’re all so upset Keith Downie doesn’t bother tweeting about them. 

It’s fucking hilarious how much that Keith bloke hates Newcastle, then sits and watches our CL games :lol:. Sat there complaining about how Popes save against Mbappe wasn’t as good as the BBC say, then goes and posts some nonsense about how Sunderland are bigger than NUFC, righto lad off you pop to watch more Tony Mowbray managed footy. So he’s sat and watched the whole game, watched the coverage, read opinions about it, then went onto a Sunderland forum and posted loads about it, but still whinges about how we’re all completely obsessed with them :lol: I can’t even remember who the daft bastards lost to last night. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Howay said:

:lol: They’re brilliant like, trying to make out that us drawing away to PSG is shite while they’re losing at home to Championship relegation battlers. What a bunch of deluded bastards. 

I assume the hype for their new age busby babes has died down a bit after they’ve watched a 17 year old Miley get plaudits from everyone and put in an assured performance in a CL away game? There’s levels to this game bitches, but they already know that seeing as they’re all so upset Keith Downie doesn’t bother tweeting about them. 

It’s fucking hilarious how much that Keith bloke hates Newcastle, then sits and watches our CL games :lol:. Sat there complaining about how Popes save against Mbappe wasn’t as good as the BBC say, then goes and posts some nonsense about how Sunderland are bigger than NUFC, righto lad off you pop to watch more Tony Mowbray managed footy. So he’s sat and watched the whole game, watched the coverage, read opinions about it, then went onto a Sunderland forum and posted loads about it, but still whinges about how we’re all completely obsessed with them :lol: I can’t even remember who the daft bastards lost to last night. 

i just find it odd that he has pop robson as his avatar, i mean he undoubtedly had a good career at both sunderland and west ham but he spent 9 years at newcastle chalking up 206 appearances and 82 goals which should automatically qualify him as shite.

not to mention that robson being a born and bred mackem and not someone born within vomiting distance of the black garter, yet still donned the black and white for almost a decade must comfortably make him the lowest form of life known to mankind.... a forerunner to the '92ers in fact.

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Haha 8

13 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

i just find it odd that he has pop robson as his avatar, i mean he undoubtedly had a good career at both sunderland and west ham but he spent 9 years at newcastle chalking up 206 appearances and 82 goals which should automatically qualify him as shite.

Pop Robson is one of my earliest match day memories, scored direct from a free kick (top corner job) v Arsenal. Ref disallowed it, why? Because wall wasn't 10 yards, I remain incredulous to this day, retake obvs didn't result in anything, can't remember final score, draw I think 1970-ish

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Howay said:

Where they are right now is probably where they'll stay for a long time. They haven't the resources to buy promotion, they don't have the long term strategy to Brighton or Brentford their way back to the promised land. Their fans appear not to have recalibrated. Despite years out of the top flight, and years in the 3rd tier, they still talk/act like they're a Premier League club on a little vacation in the lower leagues. I'm still surprised by the arrogance they display when talking about being other clubs' Cup Final, or when they boo/abandon their own team for failing to beat a Championship club, how quickly they turn on their manager when results don't flow like blue pop.

Some have genuinely spoken of how they would finish midtable or top half if they were to return. Burnley strolled through the Championship, they got 101pts, losing only 3 games, and look at them now. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Some have genuinely spoken of how they would finish midtable or top half if they were to return. Burnley strolled through the Championship, they got 101pts, losing only 3 games, and look at them now. 

Aye but they're Burnley, not the behemoth on the Wear. They stroll up and down leyague one and the Championship like titans who are just going through a mini break, in between Premier seasons and the normal stinking the PL out act will resume in the blink of an eye.*

*Stevie Wonder's eye. 

• Haha 7

They drew but reading their match thread Uncle Tony no longer appears to be flavour of the month. Also their players no longer seem to be quite as good. Fuck me, they’re fickle. They’ve spent absolutely fuck all, have no strikers of any calibre, are well above the relegation zone and just four points off the playoffs at the beginning of December. There’s loads on there saying a draw’s worse than a defeat because it keeps Mowbray in a job. Seriously :lol: 
Presumably recognising it’s down to the owners is Mag-like behaviour 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, strawb said:

Mowbray is a good manager, they would struggle to find someone who is better with a team full of kids. Apart from Adam Johnson obviously 

Yeah, it’s difficult to see how they could improve on him much with the current set-up 

• Like 1

They'll only show their consternation on twitter and by leaving early. Anything coming close to resembling a protest is far too mag-like for the likes of Uncal Mick

• Like 1

Just now, t00nraider2 said:

"Fuckin Tindall on the touchline giving instructions. The rule is only one allowed in the technical area yet those kernts get away with it game after game" ☺️

Fuck off you mackem cunt :lol:

• Haha 3