mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

quote name="essembeeofsunderland" post="1407164" timestamp="1463677248"]I've just had a quick look on rtg.Page 1.

Rafael Benitez.This thread has had 45,429 viewings.

M'Vila.The top thread about the makems.4,979 viewings.

Not obsessed though.

500 more viewings in the last 3 hours.

I love the first comment btw, saying "regarding the fairs cup win, that side was built around wyn Davies and and Pop Robson. If Peter Reid played long ball with Quinn and Phillips, this must have been longer ball!" comparing the tactics of a team from the late 1960's to their 1990's side doesn't put Reid's side in a good light :lol:.

That's brilliant :lol:

Here's an interesting thread from the smb, debating whether the local musician Martin Stephenson is a mag or a MLF:

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/martin-stephenson.1233016/

Who the fuck cares? Why would they even be bothered where his football loyalies lie? Whats the relevance? I know their stock in trade response will be I'm obsessed for even clicking on there, but it's absolutely fascinating behaviour. Plus there are literally more threads on us there than them at the moment.

Edited by Renton

Their need for reassurance that their made up identity is somehow legitimate is desperate at times - I find the fact that there are people from the NE who don't give a shit about football strange but at the same time I accept it so trying to impose an allegiance on someone is just sad.

The notion that they are "County Durham's team" is perhaps the most desperate bit - where anyone from there who isn't red & white is somehow a traitor.

They want to live in a world where we had no fans before 92, it's a load of bollocks and and the attendances through the years proof that. They've repeated themselves that many times though that's it's become fact to them

As for Durham, Newcastle have always had a contingent there. Fuck them

People from Durham have always watched Newcastle. The attendances would suffer massively if they didn't.

Durham city may be marginally closer to Sunderland as the crow flies but is has much better and faster transport links to Newcastle. Consett is much nearer Newcastle. As for gateshead, it practically is Newcastle.

Who gives a shit about historical county boundaries that were changed 4 decades ago. Who gave a shit even then? Oh yes, that's right, the mackems.

Thing is, I can't get my head around them doing this. We know we're relegated, we know they beat us six times in a row. It's shit yes but we've accepted it and have demonstrated we're getting on with it with no bitterness at all that I know of. But do they think flying banners from planes and hanging them from the Tyne Bridge is going to affect us in any way other than cause genuine bemusement form us and a 100 page thread on the smb?

Has any club ever in the history of football acted like this after coming 2 points above their neighbours? Honestly, it's simply bizarre behaviour. :lol:

Thing is, I can't get my head around them doing this. We know we're relegated, we know they beat us six times in a row. It's shit yes but we've accepted it and have demonstrated we're getting on with it with no bitterness at all that I know of. But do they think flying banners from planes and hanging them from the Tyne Bridge is going to affect us in any way other than cause genuine bemusement form us and a 100 page thread on the smb?

Has any club ever in the history of football acted like this after coming 2 points above their neighbours? Honestly, it's simply bizarre behaviour. :lol:

How dare you question what is the pinnacle of their creativity! It's taken them almost ten days to think about what to put on that banner.

A special breed are mackems.

It's all they've got and all they'll ever have.

Does anyone remember what we did in 97, the year we came second and secured champs league football, and both the mackems and Boro were relegated? I honestly can't remember we did anything other than have a bit of a laugh.

Can you even imagine what the mackems would do if that scenario happened today? :lol:

Durham city may be marginally closer to Sunderland as the crow flies but is has much better and faster transport links to Newcastle. Consett is much nearer Newcastle. As for gateshead, it practically is Newcastle.

Who gives a shit about historical county boundaries that were changed 4 decades ago. Who gave a shit even then? Oh yes, that's right, the mackems.

This sounds like a job for Mugrighter, the Wynnwatcher, and the first and only arbiter of the Mackem Line.

Erm... @Stevie

The worst I can remember was The Mag producing a "Let's all laugh at Sunderland" special - a bit too much imo but not like the incessant petty shit they get up to.

They can barely believe the achievement when they finish above us, so they express their excitement in these bizarre acts. Utterly weird behaviour for a team that was fourth worst in the division.

I genuinely think they'll go down next season without the carrot of finishing one place above us to strive for.

"Don't forget the half of the Tyne Bridge that's ours because its in County Durham. (Some one also recently pointed out to me that Gateshead had also paid about 70% of its building cost). And half the River Tyne where it forms the county border is in County Durham anarl. They are not very good at geography these lads are they?"

Mackem logic, half the Tyne Bridge belongs to Sunderland. :lol: