mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

They're talking about rejecting a man who has just finished top of the division they desperately need to get out of for a man who's team we beat 6-0,4-1 & 2-1 :lol:

Thats before you consider the rest of Rafa's illustrious career B) 

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

One of them defending the appointment of Grayson:

"What had hughton and Wagner achieved before brighton and huddersfield?"

Err.....?

:lol:

Funnily enough, a lass I was friendly with was telling me that the kids she works with (at a school, she's not in some weird community project) didn't really know that Hughton was once our manager and got us out of the league which I thought was mental until I realised it was 7-8 years ago and it halfway makes sense that a 12 year old might not have a great memory of it. What I'm saying is, 90% of the posters on there being 12 suddenly makes a lot of sense.

He's an odd appointment to get them promoted. Sacked by every championship club he's been at prior to Preston and has never in his management career finished in a championship playoff position 

Edited by Kid Dynamite

4 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

He's an odd appointment to get them promoted. Sacked by every championship club he's been at prior to Preston and has never in his management career finished in a championship playoff position 

They will sack him before xmas.

12 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Funnily enough, a lass I was friendly with was telling me that the kids she works with (at a school, she's not in some weird community project) didn't really know that Hughton was once our manager and got us out of the league which I thought was mental until I realised it was 7-8 years ago and it halfway makes sense that a 12 year old might not have a great memory of it. What I'm saying is, 90% of the posters on there being 12 suddenly makes a lot of sense.

Aye, not like a Mackem to miss a NUFC link?

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I don't think they're really thinking about promotion.  Staying in the division will be their goal next season.  There's nothing in his history to suggest he can do much better than that.  Hes took teams (ones that should have went up) into the championship but I think 7th is the highest he managed with Leeds.

They desperately needed a manager that could ignite the town like Rafa did to our city and he isn't the man to do that.

18 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

I don't think they're really thinking about promotion.  Staying in the division will be their goal next season.  There's nothing in his history to suggest he can do much better than that.  Hes took teams (ones that should have went up) into the championship but I think 7th is the highest he managed with Leeds.

They desperately needed a manager that could ignite the town like Rafa did to our city and he isn't the man to do that.

He would be hard pushed to ignite petrol tbh.

To be honest, I though Preston were a haf-decent side last year (despite the results against us) and I thought they might be one of the teams that would have prevented the mackems getting near the play-offs.

Not saying they would have won it or anything but I could have seen them finishing 7th or 8th and maybe being an obstacle.

Having said that I still think he's a cunt so that suits.

Regardless of who is the manager, it looks like they aren't going to have the funds for the necessary demolition and rebuilding of the squad so I can't see them mounting much of a promotion challenge.

I see they're claiming they have £20m + any future sales revenue.  From the rumblings that have been coming out of there that seems optimistic.  But even if it isn't, they have no strikers, barely a defence and midfield full of crocks.  It'll take some doing to create a squad capable of mounting a promotion challenge with that money given some of the other teams they are up against next season.

Ding Dong, Len, Karzi and Cone are probably their only saleable assets.  They think they can get £20m + for the last three.  I think they're being ambitious given Borini has gone on a £5m loan with a view to buy.  Mind you after they got £30 for Prickford who knows.

If they had any sense they'd have put the Pickford money straight toward paying off some debt.

I read some of the interest rates were 30% :lol:

19 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I see they've got O'Shea for another year who, I imagine, should be alright down there. Until he comes up against a bit of pace anyway

Not going to lie if they are trying to start with O'Shea, Cattermole and the like its going be hilarious

They're a complete and utter fucking disaster. It's absolutely fucking hilarious that they're trying to big up Simon fucking Grayson now after slagging off Rafa Benitez last season. Genuinely hope they fucking sink without a trace the complete fucking animals. 

Edited by Howay