mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

Grayson may arrest the slide if he gets the right players in and starts well, but I just can't see them getting promoted this season, as it stands. 

They've no senior goal scorer, it looks like their creative players are on the way out (Khazri et al) and they've signed up John O'Shea for another year and if he is their 1st choice centreback, any side with pace will get plenty of joy.

Some of them up in arms about paying £4.5m for McGeady :lol:

'But tha mergs got £35m for sesserko man' Every single day on there as well

Edited by 247

On 09/07/2017 at 7:31 PM, essembeeofsunderland said:

I see the makems showed their class again at Bury by singing the 'Adam Johnson shags who he wants ' chant.Now probably the classiest fans in the Championship.

Was it not about Grayson they sang? Thats what they claim

1 hour ago, Haydnator said:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/bears-deluded-mags-on-twitter-thread.1376224/page-26#post-25832706

No, looking stupid is getting 2 players mixed up, you relentless mong.

They are a special breed indeed.

They've signed two fucking goons for under £2 million and suddenly they are looking at a promotion push the thick inbred cunts :icon_lol:

Also, I was thinking; their two permanent signings aren't really ones that are going to develop into useful ones for a potential Premier League campaign, are they? Obviously we signed Murphy and Hanley but the likes of Hayden and Yedlin (on top of Gayle and Ritchie, who are probably Premier League quality anyway) were young players who you could give a good season of football too and improve them for next year. This window really does look like they're just trying to stay afloat with proven Championship experience.

12 hours ago, Anorthernsoul said:

They've had some shite and not a lot of shine, haven't they. I mean, Bent and Phillips were good goalscorers, Henderson has become a good player, Johnson's talent is wiped out by his nonce sense, but aside from them I can't think of many real standout players.

And bear in mind they're in the top 10 spenders in the Premier League, so it's not like they've been penny pinching.

Forget about us, look at the players that have turned out for Everton, Spurs, Villa, even Middlesbrough ffs.

That is a horrendous side.  Waddle is the only one who would get near our best team and by the time he went there he was finished and played less than ten games for them.  He has Rose down as a legend despite him only spending one season on loan there before he'd really developed as a player.

Just shows what shite they've had to watch over the years.