mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

No they’re not! They’re a “massive club” with a “rich history” & “class” who everyone adores. 

They’re merely on holiday in league one to give the other teams a cup final.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

The fact that they're proud of themselves for this really does demonstrate just how low their expectations now are. They're a League One club in every possible sense.

Third division club if you don't mind. NO nicked that off me before they got all precious about outdated terminology so I would like to claim it back. :rtfm:

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

It’s currently the Carabao Cup, sponsored by “ Thailand’s second most popular energy drink” :lol: ( I shit thee not)

Here’s the chairman. 

ccf372fd0ba34e14a5116aa9fa1c2b84.jpg

:lol: 

:lol: What the fuck do they want him to write about it? They’ve beaten QPR, Wigan and Blackpool to get to a Carabao cup QF, it’s not exactly a massive story is it? I suppose it’s just another thing for them to be indignant about, as I said they best get used to us getting all the coverage again as we all know that’s what’s coming. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Howay said:

:lol: What the fuck do they want him to write about it? They’ve beaten QPR, Wigan and Blackpool to get to a Carabao cup QF, it’s not exactly a massive story is it? I suppose it’s just another thing for them to be indignant about, as I said they best get used to us getting all the coverage again as we all know that’s what’s coming. 

:lol: They should do a five minute bit on football focus to keep them happy, do it from the local butcher's shop in Sunderland where he's got some some red and white ribbon around a slab of pork with an 'up for the cup' sign over it and let his customers tell us how it's got the whole town buzzing. You know, like they sometimes do with lower league clubs who have a half decent run and years from now they'll point at Billy Marra the butcher and say, 'memba when wa had that brilliant cup run back in 2021? Wa got to the quarta finals before getting beht off West Ham and that cunt Moyes who sent wa down cos he couldn't lick big Sam's bewts. Anyways, the telly came around and filmed in his shop for the game, playace was chocka! Am telling ya, man, wouldn't happen anywhere else, biggest club in leyague one, us.'

• Haha 10

The mental gymnastics on there at the minute. Everything from John Terry getting appointed means there’s something off with deal, to the Saudis having already moved onto other things, meaning Staveley and the Reubens will be left to run the club disastrously to our going to be a feeder club for inter Milan. All to convince themselves this is a disaster waiting to happen. 

• Haha 2

they're referring to us as isis fc and the beheaders army.

I'd be willing to bet I've donated more in the last 12 months to saving the adorable pangolin from extinction (£36) at the hands of the chinese than their entire fan base has donated collectively to amnesty international since its inception 60 years ago, despite their all consuming passion on human rights.

you could almost be fooled in to thinking their angst might be more to do with possibility we might have a decent football team in a few years time.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2