January 2013 transfers

sammynb

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Telegraph aren't known for making stuff up, so am definitely keeping my eye out on that one. Tiote can seduce him whilst on ACON duty too.

Anyway - so are the club after another striker or not? One journo says our business is done, another says we're after this player and that player....

If we get Bony in for £12m it'll have been a £30m window! £18m net spend. Incomprehensible, even if it's in part down to the increased TV revenue from next summer onwards..

Edited by Monroe Transfer

If they've realised that the hard-ball game in the summer was a mistake, and they're rectifying it now in the notoriously difficult Jan window, then great.

Relegation scaring the life out of Ashley and his mate due to the extra tv money next year. Hopefully they've realised the error their ways and are genuinely attempting to turn things around.

If they've realised that the hard-ball game in the summer was a mistake, and they're rectifying it now in the notoriously difficult Jan window, then great.

Relegation scaring the life out of Ashley and his mate due to the extra tv money next year. Hopefully they've realised the error their ways and are genuinely attempting to turn things around.

I think the focus and limit of ambition from the board is always going to be staying in the premier league and keeping that TV money coming in.

Feeling genuinely threatened that that might not be the case next year is whats brought on this window I reckon.

I think January is a good time to buy squad players, providing players are willing to come. You can pick the players in their final 6months and pretty much hold their team over a barrel. 'We'll give you x amount for him now or you can get fuck all in the summer, your choice'. reckon now we have a decent squad you'll see a few pre-contract agreements for the summer. Pleased with this window, if we got Remy as well, it would have been superb.

I know what you're saying about the Jan window and we've bucked the trend in that it hasn't been difficult at all for the club, Remy aside. We've targeted a number of players who we've been following for a while and who we have already ascertained their likely availability and willingness to join us. From that POV the club has done very well. The problems with the Jan transfer window arise when your two main strikers are injured and everyone know you're desperate or you're ringing Wigan at 10pm on 31st Jan offering half your dinner money for Charles N'zogbia.

We've been very organised and executed the plan well during this window.

TBF, if we can't stay up with the squad we have now then we have no right being in the premiership.

Much as I'd like to see another striker we don't want to just get someone for the sake of it although it may just be a smokescreen.

Obviously a striker who bangs in them is great, but it's about time the midfield started to get a few in, it's not like we're short in that dept now.

Cabaye's back now and Ben Arfa's around the corner - they're our most likely suspects for scoring. I believe Cisse needs some time out, but we don't have the options to facilitate that as it stands. If another striker doesn't turn up then really Ashley hasn't changed and his signings are primarily about buying valued products when their prices are low with the aim to sell them for a profit, rather than being about improving the team. This window they're taking advantage of the influential French players in the side to make us more attractive to others, at the same time hoping it will be enough to pull clear of the relegation battle that we're currently in.

EurosportCom_EN (Eurosport.com EN)

HUGE BREAKING NEWS - Our Turkish office are telling us that Galatasaray have agreed a one and half year deal with Didier Drogba.