Christmas Tree

Mike Ashley -- Football Cunt

Mind, if Ashley stays and Rafa goes (as seems likely) anyone subsequently buying a season ticket has little cause for complaint about being treated like shit 

27 minutes ago, Alex said:

Mind, if Ashley stays and Rafa goes (as seems likely) anyone subsequently buying a season ticket has little cause for complaint about being treated like shit 

Same as the pricks moaning about the government being incompetent over the Brexit shit despite voting out.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Andrew said:

"Ketch" whoever that is, has summed up my feelings on this pretty well in the replies.

It really is, even if you try to leave the shitty owner stuff behind on a match day, they still do their best to make it shit for fans.

Because we're the footballing wing of Sports Direct and they don't give a fuck about anyone either

4 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Because we're the bitch of Sports Direct and they don't give a fuck about anyone either

“ Sawt it aaaht Charnley”…

Sources close to the deal have suggested that there has been dialogue in the first few days of the new year, but the satisfactory offer Ashley is looking for is yet to land on the table.

That said, Ashley is believed to have granted the groups their request for more time to get their bids in place and, as it stands, he has not shut the door on any of the four parties involved.

The door remains open until the window is shut.

11 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Aye it's all a pile of shite. No wonder Rafa says "he doesn't talk about transfers or a takeover" because he knows there's nothing there & he's been done over again. I just wish he'd come out & say it maybe the penny would then drop for the majority of match goers.

4 hours ago, ewerk said:

As the club is a barrack anyway there is nothing else but open doors and no windows to shut...

10 hours ago, ewerk said:

Kenyon has confirmed that his interest is real and ongoing.

As part of an Ashley "don't rock the boat" PR stunt. 

I believe that Kenyon wants to buy, I can believe his team penned that letter and I think Ashley would sell for the right price.

Trouble is Ashley's "right price" is nonsense, Kenyon is not stupid enough to get fucked over by Ashley in negotiations and by the time it's resolved one way or another, the January window will be closed.

Edited by The Fish

11 hours ago, ewerk said:

Kenyon has confirmed that his interest is real and ongoing.

Ha ha ha 2 weeks ago he was £100 million shy of Ashleys asking price. Even if he's managed to get that (I doubt it ) were's the money for new players, training facilities & giving SJP a make over ? 

“Letter” from Kenyon to MA leaked to gross Ashley-a-like Martin Samuel of the Daily Mail, no doubt Bishops idea....” This will keep the plebs quiet for another couple of weeks, then you can bring in your anonymous Ivorian left back from Sion &  the part time window cleaner from Forfar Athletic who can play up front or on the wing. Job done till the summer Mike. Invoice to the usual address?” 

We begin at the end, and one of those awkward questions designed to wrap up the unwrappable. If you had to boil down the present state of Newcastle United into a single word, what would it be? Alex Hurst pauses for a moment. “Sad,” he says, “because it’s so unnecessary.” Chris Betts agrees. “Sad,” he says. “Desperate. Petrified of the worst-case scenario.”

For the previous hour, we have been sitting in The Forth, one of Newcastle’s great bars, down the hill from St James’ Park, attempting to unpick a beautiful, baffling club who, not for the first time, teeter on a cliff edge. This is a difficult story to tell — a shape-shifting sort of crisis — so consider this pint, this chat, a public service. Or maybe it is just catharsis.

Empathy has been difficult to summon from supporters beyond Tyneside, in part because, on the face of it, Newcastle are blessed — mid-table in the richest, brassiest division in the world, a fine manager, a full stadium — and in part because they remain the subject of grotesque stereotype. Geordies? Malcontent horse-punchers with inflated expectations.

We begin at the end, and one of those awkward questions designed to wrap up the unwrappable. If you had to boil down the present state of Newcastle United into a single word, what would it be? Alex Hurst pauses for a moment. “Sad,” he says, “because it’s so unnecessary.” Chris Betts agrees. “Sad,” he says. “Desperate. Petrified of the worst-case scenario.”

For the previous hour, we have been sitting in The Forth, one of Newcastle’s great bars, down the hill from St James’ Park, attempting to unpick a beautiful, baffling club who, not for the first time, teeter on a cliff edge. This is a difficult story to tell — a shape-shifting sort of crisis — so consider this pint, this chat, a public service. Or maybe it is just catharsis.

Empathy has been difficult to summon from supporters beyond Tyneside, in part because, on the face of it, Newcastle are blessed — mid-table in the richest, brassiest division in the world, a fine manager, a full stadium — and in part because they remain the subject of grotesque stereotype. Geordies? Malcontent horse-punchers with inflated expectations.

• Like 1

Also I would have thought any potential buyers would like to see we're secure in the premiership. The way things are they could be paying top $ for a championship club in a few months. I still think it's smoke & mirrors to avoid any unrest with the match goers

Edited by trooper

Here's the letter make of it what you will...

The Peter Kenyon letter to Mike Ashley:

“I know I speak for both of us in that we continue to share a serious determination to finalise the agreement we have to suit both parties as soon as possible in the new year.

“We have both spent many months discussing the parameters of a final deal and as you know we have also invested heavily in time and money on our various legal and financial advisors.

“And I appreciate the time and effort committed to the detailed discussions by your advisors, lawyers, club, and, of course, yourself.

“I fully respect your desire to ensure the next owners of Newcastle United understand the club, football, and have the appropriate financial resources, and I am delighted that you think the investor group led by myself is the best fit.

“On my side, I would like to personally assure you that I am committed to conclude our deal as soon as possible and, while we are both perhaps frustrated that we have not progressed as quickly as we would have wished.

“I would like to express personal gratitude for your patience and integrity in

Who writes fucking letters in 2019? All business is done via email. And any letter certainly wouldn't reference "Ashley making significant investment in selling NUFC"

Just more Trump esque bollocks to shut the fans up for the next 4 weeks 

Edited by Kid Dynamite

13 hours ago, trooper said:

Here's the letter make of it what you will...

The Peter Kenyon letter to Mike Ashley:

“I fully respect your desire to ensure the next owners of Newcastle United understand the club, football, and have the appropriate financial resources, 

I love that this keeps popping up. Why does Ashley (or Bishop) want to try and make people think that’s the case? Ashley certainly ticks none of those boxes himself in fact I find it impressive that after all these years of owning NUFC he still shows a remarkable lack of understanding about the club and football in general. 

Just go go back to doing what you do best Mike, drunkardly spewing up into fire places you ill dressed fucking scruff. 

• Like 1

This investor group “led by myself”. 

Educated people don’t write like this. It’s footballer/estate agent/Lee Ryder grammar.

Fake news 

• Like 1

Fake news indeed. The bit about Ashley wanting to ensure the next owners are the right fit is comedy genius after how he’s behaved :lol:

Ex Umbro director and chief exec with Chelsea links. No idea why he might have close ties to the fat cunt. Wonder what he gets out of all of this though.

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

This puts things into some perspective as to how far we''ve gone backwards 

NUFC had 24 premiership  wins in the 95/96 season

We have 25 premiership wins from 2015/19

• Sad 1