Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-opt-mothball-head-9184203

Newcastle United have mothballed any discussions on their head coach search until the end of the season.
United chiefs will not even talk about a new head coach until their top flight fate is determined meaning between now and tea time of May 24 – the date of the potentially pivotal West Ham game – the only focus is picking up points.
That had always been the original plan of managing director Lee Charnley but after the club surveyed the mood after the 3-0 defeat against Leicester City, the club re-assessed their options.
One consideration was the former England boss Steve McClaren but the Chronicle understands that option was shelved when the club decided that a new voice could cause too much disruption.
And they felt the best option was to leave head coach John Carver and the players to work things out between themselves ahead of the clash with West Bromwich Albion this weekend.
Newcastle – as a club – decided that the only option was to focus entirely on the next three games before making any decisions on next season.
As reported by the Chronicle two weeks ago, McClaren was one of the names high on United’s wish-list, but it remains to be seen whether he is re-considered in the summer
McClaren has spent the last two days with Derby County chiefs devising a battle plan with the Rams for a crack at Championship promotion next term and has also had his mind on his current club since his team failed to make the play-offs.
Newcastle could yet turn back to Remie Garde, who is available to return to work next month, but no names have been prioritised at this time.
Newcastle lost out on Thomas Tuchel after Borussia Dortmund secured their preferred choice quickly after Jurgen Klopp quit the Bundesliga giants.
Out-of-work managers include Glenn Hoddle and Harry Redknapp are available while Real Sociedad boss David Moyes is continually linked with a move back to the Premier League.
However, Newcastle will stick to their guns as they look to find somebody who fits the bill as head coach and can work within the blueprint set out at St James’ Park.
With Newcastle’s Premier League place in danger the only focus is collecting top flight points – starting with the home game against West Brom.

If we stay up and end up with Remi Garde or someone like him, I'll be fucking livid for a day or so.

Even if we stay up we'll still have missed out on Millions in missed prize money by slipping so far down the league, the new man will now have to sort his house out while the new season is being played, instead of having the relative comfort of the tail end of a "safe" season while sorting out how you want to play, who you want to play, where you want them to play, and so on.

Who was Sir Bob's coach again?? ;)

Very fond memories of that side though, I still say to this day Titus would play like Bobby Moore for six games or so then we'd be on sky and he'd balloon a clearance straight to Henry or Van Nistlerooy :lol:

Robson did the coaching though. Carver basically collected the cones.

:lol:

I'm likely to be optimistic that the new boss will play better football and my frustration that he wasn't installed earlier will dissipate.

Mind, it's fucking exhausting being surrounded by all you negative twats ;)

Fish: If the rest of us muster our forces we could probably come up with an additional day of outrage if that would help.

You lot wouldn't need to muster forces, your default position is gloomy.

"One consideration was the former England boss Steve McClaren but the Chronicle understands that option was shelved when the club decided that a new voice could cause too much disruption."

:lol: Yeah heaven forbid we disrupt the seemingly inexorable March towards relegation.

I'm likely to be optimistic that the new boss will play better football and my frustration that he wasn't installed earlier will dissipate.

Mind, it's fucking exhausting being surrounded by all you negative twats ;)

I just hope you can manage to climax before the Titanic goes under.

Half a season without a manager, 80 applicants for the job, the caretaker takes the club on its worst run in 40years, and they refuse to even think of who they might want in next? The best choice is to let Carver and the players 'sort it out between them' :lol:

I've seen Sunday League teams run with more thought and common sense

"One consideration was the former England boss Steve McClaren but the Chronicle understands that option was shelved when the club decided that a new voice could cause too much disruption."

:lol: Yeah heaven forbid we disrupt the seemingly inexorable March towards relegation.

'The Chronicle understands'......... :lol: :lol:

Can't decide whether the Chronicle is more 'Pravda' or 'Charver'.

Every news agency in the country talking about McClaren turning us down so we release a statement saying we decided not to appoint him :lol:

To give Fish some credit here, we're probably still only one win from staying up - so there's that.

Obviously it looks different when you consider that the club is looking more of a shambles currently than at any point I can remember, that we're stuck with a manager who has lost the dressing room, his self respect and his marbles, that we have no defenders for the final games of our season except Colo who apparently thinks this malaise is our fault, that we have lost 8 games on the trot while the teams around us are picking up points, and of course that we have key players out injured...but yeah, we might fluke a win, who knows?

Fish has gone the full mong on this one. We need to leave him to come to terms with reality.

We'll see.

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt