Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Williamson goes to Cardiff and we bring in Douglas, that would be and upgrade and I'd be content with the 4 options we'd have at CB. M'Biwa gives us genuine cover for full back also. Haidara, Streete and Satka could also get a little shot at it next year too.

Kemen Oliver from Metz signed for the youth setup i'm guessing, only 16 at the min.

BM5voHiCcAA0aa1.jpg

Is that Mini- Bigi?

positive spin = Joe Kinnear will mispronounce David Wheater and we end up signing David Villa?

I'm terrified that Ashley believes Nolan, Ryan Taylor and Lovenkrands are evidence that Kinnear knows what he's doing in the transfer market. I can imagine signings like Kevin Davies "Cos we need a bi' of gwarft up fwont".

“I’ve been with Graham for last three days,” said Kinnear.

“We’ve discussed all the French players and contacts that Graham knows, the players he’s brought in and we’re very happy together.

“I’m known Graham for something like 20 years. He was at Tottenham.

“I know he’s got a good eye for a player and good contacts.

“We’ll go and see as many of these players in action and we’ll get in as many games as we possibly can.

“Once we see something that we think is in our budget, we’ll go for them. It’s as simple as that.

“On the other side, if we see things that we believe are not Newcastle, and not good enough for Newcastle, then I’ll shift them. It’s as simple as that.

“I don’t want anybody there that’s not good enough for Newcastle.”

The line above is disturbing me. Suggests that we won't be buying anyone he hasn't seen.

Given there isn't going to be any competitive football until three weeks before the window shuts that doesn't leave a lot of time.

Edited by donaldstott

The way he was talking last night I'd think so yes!

There's no way some of it wasn't deliberate. He has to have been taking the piss.

Young unknowns for no or little fee and unsettling players so we get them on the cheap. That appears to be our transfer policy. On the plus side, at least it won't knack us financially when we inevitably get relegated.