Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my view, it's understood between Pardew and Ashley that the ONLY requirement on Pardew is to survive in the league. He got an 8 year deal and won't be fired in those 8 years as long as we are on the top flight (outer outside of the relation places).

Pardew is happy with that long term contract, and minimal expectations. He'll not rock the boat insisting on any further funds or better depth and the added pressure for improved performance that comes with it.

Still just trying to be West Brom.

I think that's now the truth of it, in terms of, he's now in a place where it's absolutely no "fun", in fact he probably hates it, the stick he gets, the agents and all the s*** that goes around (who's fault that is, is irrelevant) and continuing, with any ambition, is likely to be nothing but very expensive for no guaranteed return. I reckon he's got to the stage of "f*** it" to the point that he wants his wedge back asap at which point he'll get shot if he can, but until then it won't cost him a penny if he can possibly avoid it.

We're screwed in the meantime.

Bit like buying your dream house but then finding out it's a total money-pit and the neighbours hate you, but you've got it habitable and you can rent it out and recover something.

Shane Long always looks a threat when he plays against us, and he's only 25 (?) so fits out buying policy. This would be a good signing, although if it's our only one then its not what I think we're craving, as I don't see him as a player who can hold the ball up for the likes of Cisse.

Doesn't he have a track record of being injured?

Ba coming back in loan does sound ridiculous to me but at this point ill take what we can get hopefully he can pick up scoring goals again. Idk if I like this cabaye staying thing I rather get the money and buy a replacement he has been in bad form,refused to play for us, is depressed or whatever is going on in his head doesn't sound like the best player to have at the moment

Chelsea triggered Ba's release clause last January, they offered him a contract on the back of it. The manager has changed, now if they bring in Rooney he's 4th choice at best. World Cup at the end of the season. Common sense by all parties iyam. Sign the fucker up.

All this has leaked out of JFK's meeting yesterday.

It's either news to deflect from weakened cup news

Or

An effort to put pressure on Gomis.

I'd have him back but would we simply be back to Cisse and Ba not playing well together unless he agrees to play out wide as he did in the 5th finish year.

Will Chelsea be paying half his wages because his wage would have doubled when he signed for Chelsea

I read the other day that Chelsea could be moving away from Stamford Bridge and playing in a 60,000 stadium a few miles away.Just think,17 years of history gone,just like that.

Edited by essembeeofsunderland

I'd love Ba back tbh, the blokes finishing ability is among the best in the league. I like Shane Long in all, hopefully we can sign someone permanently mind or we're back to square one again next season.

Edited by Howay

I'd love Ba back tbh, the blokes finishing ability is among the best in the league. I like Shane Long in all, hopefully we can sign someone permanently mind or we're back to square one again next season.

Aye, I don't think any of us are in a position to twist about Ba, considering we don't look like scoring goals otherwise.

Aye, I don't think any of us are in a position to twist about Ba, considering we don't look like scoring goals otherwise.

That's it really we look completely inept up front whereas Ba can literally score out of nothing, Cisse did the same his first half season but whereas that's stopped Ba can do it pretty consistently. I'd not worry about the relegation spots if Ba was playing for us.

i'd take ba, gomis, long. fucking anybody. loan move or permanent deal. the very likely alternative is nobody

Aye it's a bit daft people talking about ''Who they'd take'' as if we've been signing players like Sunderland all summer.

Gut is telling me there's zero chance of Ba coming back on loan. We can't afford another loanee with high wages. And not sure I want him back. He had his chance, and he left. Tough shit, enjoy the bench son at Chelski (sorry reserves, no room on the bench for you) and now tell us that you can play at a better club than ours.