New Strips?

Christmas Tree

On 07/06/2023 at 19:40, Tom said:

So far every picture of this kit looks either heavily photoshopped or entirely digital.

idiot

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

not massive either. they could have pushed for more

It puts us in a third level at a commercial level, which I don't think is bad at all considering our situation.

According to the Deloitte report, this last year we have once again entered the Top20 among the teams with the greatest wealth, from where we had disappeared in 2015. And we are number 20 in the World.

Because Sela is a PIF company, we could have illegal money injection problems if they suddenly gave us more money per season because it would not be in line with the level of the Newcastle brand globally today.

Today, we have a first level of sponsors, which is close to 55-60 million a year, which is what Real Madrid (Fly Emirates), Barcelona (Spotify) and PSG receive.

Then there is a second level that is close to 40-50 million, which is what Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Atlético de Madrid, Juventus, Chelsea and Bayern Munich receive. And Tottenham. Tottenham was very smart because they earned 5M a year and renewed with the same company to get 40M a year the same week they reached the Champions League final in 2019.

We are in the third level with these 25 million, which is what Inter Milan and Milan also received.

Below us... Aston Villa, Seville, Valencia, Napoli, Wolves, etc etc etc that receive less than 10 million a year.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Diego21 said:

It puts us in a third level at a commercial level, which I don't think is bad at all considering our situation.

According to the Deloitte report, this last year we have once again entered the Top20 among the teams with the greatest wealth, from where we had disappeared in 2015. And we are number 20 in the World.

Because Sela is a PIF company, we could have illegal money injection problems if they suddenly gave us more money per season because it would not be in line with the level of the Newcastle brand globally today.

Today, we have a first level of sponsors, which is close to 55-60 million a year, which is what Real Madrid (Fly Emirates), Barcelona (Spotify) and PSG receive.

Then there is a second level that is close to 40-50 million, which is what Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Atlético de Madrid, Juventus, Chelsea and Bayern Munich receive. And Tottenham. Tottenham was very smart because they earned 5M a year and renewed with the same company to get 40M a year the same week they reached the Champions League final in 2019.

We are in the third level with these 25 million, which is what Inter Milan and Milan also received.

Below us... Aston Villa, Seville, Valencia, Napoli, Wolves, etc etc etc that receive less than 10 million a year.

I wonder if they could have pushed the fair market value rule so we had parity with spurs given we’re clearly leaving them behind us 

13 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I wonder if they could have pushed the fair market value rule so we had parity with spurs given we’re clearly leaving them behind us 

I honestly don't think so. Keep in mind that the Spurs were from 2013 to 2019 earning 5 million a year for the Sponsor of the shirt. Between 2008 and 2019 they made the Big 6 in the League every year, finished runners-up once and played 4 years in the Champions League between 2013 and 2019. And by reaching the final, they reached this agreement that multiplied them by almost 10. And during all that time , were included in the 10 teams with the highest value and highest net worth in the world.

It is the first year that we have been above them in 20 years, it is the first year that we are going to play in the Champions League in two decades and we have just appeared in the Top20 of teams with the greatest wealth.

This does not change radically for having been above them this year.

They have a solid foundation from 15-20 years ago. They still produce more than twice as much as we do at the marketing level in the world (which is the most important issue to assess here the fair price of a sponsor and that it is not considered an illegal injection of money). And they have supported it very well these years having the star of the English National Team and the best player in a market as important as the Asian one.

I think that to reach that second level of winning a year from a Sponsor we should finish 3-4 years in a row in the Big 6, play an important role in the Champions League or Europa League in one of these seasons.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Not sure our training kit is going to win any awards :lol: 

https://shop.nufc.co.uk/collections/23-24-training-launch

Wouldn’t say it’s horrific but it’s a bit meh to say the least. Canny pricey though. £35 fir a pair of junior training shorts. No wonder people buy stuff from DHgate

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Wouldn’t say it’s horrific but it’s a bit meh to say the least. Canny pricey though. £35 fir a pair of junior training shorts. No wonder people buy stuff from DHgate

Speaking of DHgate I noticed a very good version of the 82 KK shirt on eBay, did some digging and dhgate are now doing a version complete with proper umbro diamonds going down the sleeve, you can't really tell by their photos but seen a pic of it in a review plus another completely independent pic which I assume is from them so it's looking good as long as it fits! If it doesn't, I'll give it to my mate and order a bigger one, only cost £15 odd.

(Now I've had a look I can't find the pics so still a case of wait and see). 

• Like 3