Newcastle V Arsenal

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea will be favourites next year for me.

I think they will be much stronger next year too. They've been decent second half of the season but for them it depends on which manager comes in and what happens to Lampard.

Both City and Chelsea have got the players there already to win it next year but it all depends on which managers they bring in and how they settle.

Had a cheeky little punt on Arsenal at 16s. Think that's very generous odds. 2/1 for Man City/Man U, 3s for Chelsea is extremely tight IYAM, considering their states of flux (as PL put it).

Only issue will be Arsenal's problem beating other clubs in the top 5.

Fuck it, I hope we don't get battered but I don't really give a shit what the result is. I can't wait for this season to be over tbh. I'm pissed off with shit hoofball, shit set pieces, gutless players, shit cup runs and a horrible relegation struggle. I'm sick of Pardew's excuses for his own failure too.

Something better change, duh duh duh na na........

looking forward to a summer of cricket after this holocaust of a season. i expect us to lose and to chalk up a worst finish (relegation/championship seasons aside) for some time.

arsenal have got something to play for. our lot haven't played all season.

Fuck it, I hope we don't get battered but I don't really give a shit what the result is. I can't wait for this season to be over tbh. I'm pissed off with shit hoofball, shit set pieces, gutless players, shit cup runs and a horrible relegation struggle. I'm sick of Pardew's excuses for his own failure too.

Something better change, duh duh duh na na........

No more heroes anymore ?

I think a draw is quite possible, we have a massive role to play in the battle for 4th.

I would prefer Spurs to go through. They are going to beat the mackems so us drawing puts them in the CL. I'd be happy with that.

I hope we let Campbell start, would give him a huge confidence boost ahead of next season.

Good shout. I wouldn't mind seeing us play 4-4-2. What's the worst that could happen?

Good shout. I wouldn't mind seeing us play 4-4-2. What's the worst that could happen?

Amen

I think Pardew has forgotten his roots. Remember back in the day when his policy was Tiote and Cabaye in the middle of the park, Ba and Best in front of them and no-one could stop us, we were winning games left right and centre :D

One day away to West Brom, Pardew went with 3 up top and we looked like Brazil circa 1970, since then he doesn't seem to have considered once going back to 442. He has been chasing that elusive performance, tinkering with the personnel (you more attacking, him more defensive, that one wider, now all swap and see what happens) to try and replicate that which worked for a brief moment over a year ago.

Interesting news about the potential of a playoff between Chelsea and Arsenal for 3rd place should both their results cause them to be level on points and goal diff and goals scored.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22537372

Basically if Chelsea draw 0 - 0 with Everton, and Arsenal were to win here 2-1, they would have to arrange a single game at a neutral ground to decide who gets automatic promotion.

Personally I'd love to batter Arsenal at the weekend to sign off on a high and show that we can play against the top clubs before the summer to interest and new players / current players into being here next season. However it would make for an interesting one-off game

Aye, a sunny day would be nice.

I have this childish ideal of the first and last games of the season being perfect, sunny days with all the players in short sleeves and a the pitch looking pristine. It's like either end of the football season bookends summer.

We give them a good game for 70 minutes or so down there, then we fell apart.

Our recent form at home has been dreadful, I hope we're still in the game at half time.

To be fair, we had played another away game 3 days earlier, while they'd had a nice relaxing Christmas break, aided by a convenient Tube strike.

We owe them one.

We give them a good game for 70 minutes or so down there, then we fell apart.

Our recent form at home has been dreadful, I hope we're still in the game at half time.

I remember watching it in the pub with my lass, who decided then and there that she was an Arsenal supporter. :thumbdown: