Politics

Christmas Tree

On 11/02/2023 at 13:42, Renton said:

Btw @The Fish, the latest  News Agents podcast was quite topical this week, all about childcare cost crisis and had Bridget on talking about Labour's plans for reform. She is increasingly becoming a major figure in the party like. 

7th favourite for the next leader behind Burnham, Reeves, Streeting, Rayner, Nandy & Cooper.

• Like 1

A mate has just messaged me this 

All that shit that happened over in Liverpool at the weekend with the asylum seekers and Starmer never said a word. It terrifies me of what's to come.

I shall be honest. I do not have a clue what happened. But I think he's talking horse shit about  being terrified. He's a white middle class man! What's he got to worry about! 

15 hours ago, spongebob toonpants said:

as ever all @Dr Gloom's fault

I’ve had that vibe from the very rare bits I’ve caught. As I can’t bear to watch it and haven’t been able to for years. That’s worse than I imagined though. Fortunately nobody seems to watch it anymore. Not that that remotely justifies it 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Does the Daily Heil have no organisational memory to prevent it sounding fucking stupid on tweets? 

It is targeted at a readership with the memory of goldfish, so today's "truth" has no relevance to yesterdays "truth".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Keir Starmer starting his fucking five pledges lie speech. "We're gonna have the biggest GDP growth in the G7". Okay Keith, I believe you. I'll not bother asking how, that's so passe. 

I thought you loved Sir Keir? 

7 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I thought you loved Sir Keir? 

I respect where he came from and what he has achieved, and to some extent I understand why he is so cautious with the media now, but I find his rhetoric increasingly cowardly and frankly nauseating (like Shamima Begum today for instance). He knows people like me will still vote for him so seems to be happy just to take the piss. I'm just hoping he has more substance in office because these fucking three word soundbites aren't saving the country. At least recognise the multiple elephants in the room Keith you Arsenal-supporting nobhead. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Keir Starmer starting his fucking five pledges lie speech. "We're gonna have the biggest GDP growth in the G7". Okay Keith, I believe you. I'll not bother asking how, that's so passe. 

Why has he not published his manifesto 18 months out from an election!!!!!!!! :firefirefire: