Politics

Christmas Tree

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

If you click on the pic and check the poll results, there's not a bit of good news for the Tories and Johnson. You love to see it. 

The narrative was Labour took the red wall for granted but it was arguably about personalities, i.e. Johnson v Corbyn, more than anything else. Ironically the conservatives seem to have taken the newly gained seats for granted after only a couple of years. The tactic of constantly lying to get into power unravels once it’s obvious to the people you’ve lied to. Literally nothing has been delivered in terms of the promises made to those former Labour strongholds. Even the promise to ‘get Brexit done’, whatever come May hasn’t been delivered 2 years down the line. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

That Lee Anderson piece is also interesting. Ex-Labour councillor, son of a miner but turned to the Tories because of Corbyn. In one breath he’s promoting the great Tory ‘achievements’ and in the next complaining that his constituents can barely make ends meet despite his party being in power for over a decade.

Like my wife's aunty. Lives in Derby on the outskirts of a run down mining town. They're well off and voted Tory all their lives. Yet are so blind when they say how there are no jobs in the area, the town is falling to bits, no shops etc. Fucking clueless. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alex said:

The narrative was Labour took the red wall for granted but it was arguably about personalities, i.e. Johnson v Corbyn, more than anything else. Ironically the conservatives seem to have taken the newly gained seats for granted after only a couple of years. The tactic of constantly lying to get into power unravels once it’s obvious to the people you’ve lied to. Literally nothing has been delivered in terms of the promises made to those former Labour strongholds. Even the promise to ‘get Brexit done’, whatever come May hasn’t been delivered 2 years down the line. 

It doesn't really look like there's a big swell of support for Labour in there mind. I'm concerned that the large amounts of people who've lost faith in the Tories are simply further to the right now. I mean maybe that's fine tbh, the ex-UKIP crowd stay over there and the Tory vote remains split as it was pre-Brexit, but the disillusionment is real. "Will the UK be more unequal this year" is telling. Majority voted no. A ridiculous answer anyway, but one that suggests an overall right wing leaning.

The thing is all of that depends on anti-Johnson sentiment not necessarily anti-tory - if they do replace him then Starmer has to offer something else rather than just not being Corbyn or Johnson. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

It doesn't really look like there's a big swell of support for Labour in there mind. I'm concerned that the large amounts of people who've lost faith in the Tories are simply further to the right now. I mean maybe that's fine tbh, the ex-UKIP crowd stay over there and the Tory vote remains split as it was pre-Brexit, but the disillusionment is real. "Will the UK be more unequal this year" is telling. Majority voted no. A ridiculous answer anyway, but one that suggests an overall right wing leaning.

This country is broadly right wing leaning. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ewerk said:

That Lee Anderson piece is also interesting. Ex-Labour councillor, son of a miner but turned to the Tories because of Corbyn. In one breath he’s promoting the great Tory ‘achievements’ and in the next complaining that his constituents can barely make ends meet despite his party being in power for over a decade.

It may be perhaps important to point out that he’s an ex Nottinghamshire miner, therefore has a history of being a two faced self serving fuckin scab cunt :cuppa:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

I really like bristol i do.

cracking diverse city, fantastic night out (although I'd concede I'm getting a bit long in the tooth for them these days) and includes amongst its inhabitants an extraordinary amount of foxy hippie dreadlocked chicks, which I have a bit of a penchant for.

it's stating the obvious that juries should convict on the evidence before them, however just occasionally a court case crops up whereby you'd love to be on the jury and acquit a defendant you knew full well was guilty.

the colston case being one. I have personal experience of judge peter blair, he's a cunt.

he won't have liked this going down in his courts, never mind a case he sat on, no siree.

and poor priti must be spitting feathers.

all in all, very amusing.   :)

https://www.theguardian.com/global/2022/jan/05/did-priti-patel-cross-a-line-in-urging-pursuit-of-the-colston-four

On 06/01/2022 at 12:54, Gemmill said:

Why CAN'T the BBC play the anthem at the end of the day though? And why do you feel the need to call him a cunt? [/Asprilla] 

I’m just old fashioned I guess 😌

Because they believe the ultimate tory myth that all you need is to work hard to prosper. 

Also doesn't help that so many of their voters are retired and unaffected by wage value. 

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

How can anyone possibly think the Tories are competent with the economy. It boggles my mind, it really does.

There really isn’t much to shout about anywhere

if any of us ran our finances like the government we’d be in prison 

Just now, NJS said:

Because they believe the ultimate tory myth that all you need is to work hard to prosper. 

Also doesn't help that so many of their voters are retired and unaffected by wage value. 

It’s the only thing you can definitely affect though

Just now, Asprilla said:

There really isn’t much to shout about anywhere

if any of us ran our finances like the government we’d be in prison 

And anyone who equates household finances to countries is ignorant. 

• Like 1