Politics

Christmas Tree

1 hour ago, Toonpack said:

Some reports from photographers that our Churchillean PM lay down on the back seat of his car as he was leaving Downing St.this morning.

The cunt.

aye, at least thatcher had the decency to cry like a baby in the car when her time was up.

• Haha 2

I don’t think for a second that Cummins is the genius he likes to think he is but who the fuck is advising Johnson now? I mean he would’ve got hammered for it but he could’ve at least began the process of putting it behind him if he’d said I went and I shouldn’t have. Apologising but then saying he thought it was a works event rather than a party is a ludicrously bad idea and a lie nobody will buy. Hopefully there’s more to come out and it’ll prove he not only knew about it but approved it. He’s always been a chancer winging it but he’s absolutely lost the plot at this point. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

I don’t think for a second that Cummins is the genius he likes to think he is but who the fuck is advising Johnson now? I mean he would’ve got hammered for it but he could’ve at least began the process of putting it behind him if he’d said I went and I shouldn’t have. Apologising but then saying he thought it was a works event rather than a party is a ludicrously bad idea and a lie nobody will buy. Hopefully there’s more to come out and it’ll prove he not only knew about it but approved it. He’s always been a chancer winging it but he’s absolutely lost the plot at this point. 

I heard them briefly talking about it on the radio and they reckoned it was designed to avoid admitting to criminal behaviour which would be a cut and dry case of breaking the ministerial code.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Not everyone with a Norn Iron accent is in the DUP y'know.

This is how I imagine all your mob, regardless of their brand of Christianity... my niece is at Queens Uni so hopefully we're visiting this year and I'll be able to judge for myself :)

• Haha 6

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

I'm confused by this anyway. What the fuck is a "work event"? I was at work every day during that time and the only people I was allowed to be in the same room with were my immediate office coworkers, and we religiously had to stay 2 metres apart (I remember measuring out and putting gaffer tape on the carpet). If I needed to talk to someone in the adjacent office, I had to do it by Zoom. Initially we had to wear a mask all the time but later, probably by May, we had to wear a mask to enter and leave the office, go to the toilet etc. This continued until I left a year later.  People were disciplined for genuinely forgetting to put their mask on. Actually the idea of any get together involving alcohol in the work place, even before covid, was unheard of and was an automatic dismissal. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I heard them briefly talking about it on the radio and they reckoned it was designed to avoid admitting to criminal behaviour which would be a cut and dry case of breaking the ministerial code.

• Like 1

The wording of the rules was "a work event deemed essential" - if he's been lawyered I'd suggest a new one. 

Unless they claim letting off steam/rewarding so called hard work is essential. 

I reckon this report will imply, without actually concluding, that it wasn't unreasonable that the PM could believe this was a work event, and it'll all go away. 

We've watched stitch up after stitch up, and I don't see it ending now. 

You even read some of the reactions from tory mps and their whole frame of thinking is "has he done enough to get away with it?". 

It's complete bullshit but I reckon he'll get away with it again. 

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

I reckon this report will imply, without actually concluding, that it wasn't unreasonable that the PM could believe this was a work event, and it'll all go away. 

We've watched stitch up after stitch up, and I don't see it ending now. 

You even read some of the reactions from tory mps and their whole frame of thinking is "has he done enough to get away with it?". 

It's complete bullshit but I reckon he'll get away with it again. 

But were "work events" like this legal? I don't think they were. Was he cced into the e-mail? What more shit does Cummins have on him? He might stay, but he'll mortally injure the tory party in the process imo. It's too emotive a subject for millions of people. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

But were "work events" like this legal? I don't think they were. Was he cced into the e-mail? What more shit does Cummins have on him? He might stay, but he'll mortally injure the tory party in the process imo. It's too emotive a subject for millions of people. 

Yeah he's an electoral liability now so he's toast . Gone before summer iyam