The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

Motivation levels from the manager towards the players. Look by the sounds of things you are a young'n. You've been brought up playing Championship Manager and think bringing in the best talent equates to how well the team performs. Sorry to say that that isn't always the case. You'll experience it next season the hard way, and years thereafter.

Could you try and be a bit more patronising there I am sure that would help the "young'ns" of today understand how much more incredibly knowledgeable you are about football compared to them.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never fear. Pards is just waiting until after the Cup. Wouldn't want us to make a play for what could turn out to be damaged goods and such. I'm sure there will be a veritable flurry of activity afterwards....

Or we'll sign some marginal striker from a 2nd tier euro league team and get a nearly washed-up midfielder on loan.

Good times ahead.

Really thought that they would have done something by now....

They have done something. According to the chronicle, this Spanish kid has signed and they're just waiting for their league to finish before announcing it.

It also says our hope is two strikers and Cabella. I think we've got next to no chance of signing Cabella since we're trying to do it on the cheap again and apparently there are better ran clubs sniffing around. And if that's all we're after we're fucked because we're already two central midfielders down on the start of last season.

They have done something. According to the chronicle, this Spanish kid has signed and they're just waiting for their league to finish before announcing it.

It also says our hope is two strikers and Cabella. I think we've got next to no chance of signing Cabella since we're trying to do it on the cheap again and apparently there are better ran clubs sniffing around. And if that's all we're after we're fucked because we're already two central midfielders down on the start of last season.

Oh right. That's the striker from the 2nd tier euro league team I mentioned, though perhaps I was a bit harsh with my characterization of him. Maybe he'll turn out great.

I don't think Montpellier will accept bargain offers for Cabella and I think there are other PL clubs bidding. I think that talk about Siem de Jong will bubble up again although I think maybe his value has gone up since the club last floated interest in him.

Could you try and be a bit more patronising there I am sure that would help the "young'ns" of today understand how much more incredibly knowledgeable you are about football compared to them.

How about I be a bit more patronsing towards you. You are a fucking useless poster. You offer nothing. Nothing. You fall off the edge of the earth and people carry on. happy-go-lucky.

Motivation levels from the manager towards the players. Look by the sounds of things you are a young'n. You've been brought up playing Championship Manager and think bringing in the best talent equates to how well the team performs. Sorry to say that that isn't always the case. You'll experience it next season the hard way, and years thereafter.

Right. Getting in shit players that are being released by teams that were relegated or were on the verge of being relegated is the way to get teams to perform. Way to go old gaffer! I am so fortunate to be able to bathe in the glow of your vast intellect and experience! :sun:

Cant wait till I finish Championship Manager, grow up, and be able to think up such wonderful revolutionary ideas.

Look by the sounds of things you are a young'n. You've been brought up playing Championship Manager and think bringing in the best talent equates to how well the team performs. Sorry to say that that isn't always the case. You'll experience it next season the hard way, and years thereafter.

OK, who let Leazes back on?

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/four-newcastle-players-offered-french-clubs/

4 frenchies offered to french clubs

Obertan

M'biwa

Marveaux

Ben Arfa

According to the article we'll have to unload these to help towards player sales.

Obviously Obertan and Marveaux wont be misses, Ben Arfa while sad is to be expected with the way Pardew has been treating him. I'm mostly bothered by them wanting rid of M'Biwa, the lads barely been given a chance and there's obviously talent there, I always saw him as the long term solution to Colo as our ball playing centre half. Again our transfer policies are confusing if this is true, the bloke hasn't played many games and a lot of them have been out of position, his value will have surely decreased.

Thinking about my point yesterday, I think I was trying to say I'd like to see us chase players that would fit Pardew's system better rather than just talented players in general, I've no real clue what the blokes system is as it's a bit of a mess but whatever it is if we're sticking with him those should be the type of players targeted. The more talented the better obviously but we should aim for talents that fit in more with Pardew's style. This M'biwa mess is an example, obviously a talented lad but Pardew has no clue how to use him properly, he clearly prefers a Williamson type which makes it all the more frustrating we didn't chase Douglas who by all accounts is that sort of player but obviously better than Williamson. Again all hypothetical but it just worries me that we're sticking with this bloke and targeting anyone that looks like they may go on to be a talented player and increase in value regardless of the system they fit best.

If Pardew is letting YMB leave, he is sending totally the wrong message to young French players. Everyone knows he and his so called coaches

are useless when it comes to coaching skilful, talented players so why would they even dream of signing for us. Ashley will rue the day he did not take the opportunity to sack Pardew following his thug tactics last season.

Being reported it is £8/10m on SSN. A lot of money for a 32 year old backup striker.

4 mililon plus add ons everywhere else

One of those was gosling though so you could argue we gained a player, even if it's a youth team product stepping up to replace him

There's more activity in this thread than there will be at the club.

Pardew shagging his secretary is about the most activity we'll be hearing of.

Better off reading a more objective site than The Mag if you ask me. Such a depressive place.

If you could point us at the all singing and dancing happy news about Newcastle United I'd be more than willing to take a look.

All you need is to invite Deano back if it's mindless optimism you're after - plus he manages a thriving landscape gardening business empire so he's well placed to comment on the clubs management challengers going forward.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic