Stoke City v Newcastle United

Christmas Tree

The club looks like it needs a fresh start fromtop to bottom. Pardew needs to go but we seem to be poor from the academy through to the reserves. Our reserve and first team coaches should get the sack along with Pardew imo.

Ideally you need a head coach who brings with him a team that can deploy a long term philosophy....Either that or just get Moyes in to steady the ship...

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really do think that our coaching staff are off the pace (certainly for our first team). Despite having a poorly balanced squad we do have more quality than is shown with our displays. Players here seem to stagnate at best. We seldom look to play to our strengths preferring instead to force players into an outdated and ugly style of football with absolutely no plan b.

I really do think that our coaching staff are off the pace (certainly for our first team). Despite having a poorly balanced squad we do have more quality than is shown with our displays. Players here seem to stagnate at best. We seldom look to play to our strengths preferring instead to force players into an outdated and ugly style of football with absolutely no plan b.

I think thats spot on. Its only the very limited players that seem to flourish, presumably because they are only asked to do simple things well. Cabaye is the obvious exception but I suspect he just played his normal game in despite of Pardew.

As predicted,Janmaat at fault for a goal.Another `couldn't give a fuck' attempt at stopping a ball going into the box and Colo not interested in winning the header .Crouch wanted to win the header and he did.When we concede it's a shrug of the shoulders from the team and a slow walk back into position for the restart.

A change of manager and mid-table by Xmas and Ashley might decide it's time to sell.You wonder who is advising him on footballing matters.

I think we can probably safely assume that no one is. And that this state of affairs has been running for some time now.

I think this season is proving that Colo is finished at the top level. He's been rubbish throughout and while I know it was a massive mismatch height-wise against Crouch, he showed no real desire to win that header. It was a perfunctory jump from a player who is in terminal decline. He might just be feeling the Pardew hangover, but I think we need to replace him in January.

I think this season is proving that Colo is finished at the top level. He's been rubbish throughout and while I know it was a massive mismatch height-wise against Crouch, he showed no real desire to win that header. It was a perfunctory jump from a player who is in terminal decline. He might just be feeling the Pardew hangover, but I think we need to replace him in January.

The more rubbish he is the more shouting and pointing he does. /STaylor

Stoke are a horrible, horrible side of English football. Bigger tramps than anyone as fans. Long term long ball dirty bastards as players. 8000 in the Championship 10 years ago, 27000 in the Premier League 10 years later. Cunts.

However, I don't know what we will do differently than we did at Southampton, maybe they're not as good with the ball, but they're strong and bullish, they even won at Europe's richest club with their negative pish tactics inbred in their away play.

The best case scenario tonight is either them losing a player earlier, or the toon scoring early and hanging on for a draw. They're not Brazil 1970, but we'll see a a 2-0 or 2-1 defeat in a very shit encounter and you'll see we won't contribute anything at all till we go behind. Pathetic. Pards will keep his job, people will try to be funny on here despite the shiteness, but deep down be gravely pissed off at the inevitablity of it all once more.

What a predictable football club :cry: