Next NUFC Manager

Tooj

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Ashley waiting not only for the transfer window to close, but possibly more significantly the season ticket renewal deadline to pass before he tells Carver just to carry on as he has been?...

If we don't sign anyone in the window (and it's almost half over with no sign of anyone coming in) that doesn't bode well for ST renewals anyway.

Fair enough, I just can't see Carver in place full time (unless of course he performs brilliantly), I also don't think Ashley is that involved in the day-to-day transfer goings on. They will have had a transfer strategy laid out at the beginning of the season with a couple of approaches to react to a couple of scenarios and I'm sure they weren't anticipating Pardew going, but I'm not sure how much that would change their overall approach.

If we don't sign anyone, it's not because of Carver, or Garde or whatever, it's because we were in the top half at Christmas and looking comfortable. If we do sign someone it's because they were always in our plans to be pursued in this window.

I agree but it doesn't hurt them to have a nice excuse lined up for not signing anyone.

Sherwood ruled himself out, didn't he?

As have the majority on Lee Ryder's copy & paste article today.

It's only really Garde, Tuchel, Labbadia and Carver.

I'm sure there's a "Rider carve® touching labia guard" In there somewhere but I just can't see it.

Oh god. No.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/13/newcastle-united-players-club-decision-new-manager

Nothing here out of the ordinary, but the players now are pressing the board for a decision apparently. Find it a bit worrying they'd apparently be content with Carver...

I would imagine the players like most people worry about change and are happy with what they know and that's why they are backing Carver. I doubt it's because they think he's any sort of great coach.

I would imagine the players like most people worry about change and are happy with what they know and that's why they are backing Carver. I doubt it's because they think he's any sort of great coach.

He's been employed as the go-between for Manager & players, they'll have had more one-on-one time with him than with Pardew, surely? No great surprise that they'd be happy to stick with what they've got, because they know John, they like John. I don't want the players to like the Head Coach, I want them to respect him and obey him.

Ewerk's right when he says

It's because he lets them have chips and beans for lunch.

John Carver is like the PE teacher covering for History or Geography and letting you just dick about all lesson.

Or this bellend

One thing that may worry owner Mike Ashley is Garde’s stubbornness to protect his project. The former Lyon coach is not one to sit back and let those above him walk all over his hard work. Last January, when Napoli made a €13 million bid for Garde’s captain Gonalons, the coach, understanding the importance of his midfield protector, gave the board an ultimatum.

Garde was willing to quit Les Gones there and then if Gonalons was sold.

We'd have him til the Jan transfer window then. :lol:

Apparently Redknapp is potentially for the chop at QPR if they don't win their next couple of games, with Sherwood being linked. I initially considered this to be good news, as it removes the possibility of us ending up with Sherwood. On reflection though, I suppose we'd then start being linked with 'Arry...