Next NUFC Manager

Tooj

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

80 candidates bollocks, due diligence my arse, they new all along it was Carver, smoke 'n' mirrors thats all it ever was. Forget about Tuchel, Garde or Schuster the new permanent Newcastle United manager/headcoach/geordie boot boy will be Mr John ( i worked with Sir Bobby )Carver. The fact that there's no mention that he's doing the job until a permanent replacement is appointed is worrying. I just really hope we can start picking up points otherwise we're knackered a gamblers luck runs out eventually could this be a gamble too much for Ashley ?

On the plus side there are a lot of shit clubs this year. Worryingly however, they do seem to be picking up points on occasion due to the erratic form of the big guns.

Perhaps Carver is intimidating enough that they might play for him, who knows. Ultimately though, unless we pick up points soon, other teams are going to start seeing us as easy pickings, which will only make the job harder.

If the threat of getting chinned provided footballers with motivation, it would be a much easier world.

We are 100% in for a rough time now like. No leaders on the pitch at all. Carver as much of Ashley's bitch as Pardew. The sooner we get to 40 points the better. Good old Newcastle United existence drone, I needed you again.

Fuck this club.

I was asking if you're genuinely optimistic for the fan's concerns regarding Newcastle United?

I've no doubt we'll spend well in the summer if we stop up. I had no doubt we would do better than Carver too though, but that's waning.

80 candidates bollocks, due diligence my arse, they new all along it was Carver, smoke 'n' mirrors thats all it ever was. Forget about Tuchel, Garde or Schuster the new permanent Newcastle United manager/headcoach/geordie boot boy will be Mr John ( i worked with Sir Bobby )Carver. The fact that there's no mention that he's doing the job until a permanent replacement is appointed is worrying. I just really hope we can start picking up points otherwise we're knackered a gamblers luck runs out eventually could this be a gamble too much for Ashley ?

I was talking to Tom about this.

Course it's reasonable to accept Charnley's line about 80 candidates applying for the job. There'll be a stack who aren't up to scratch (I know carver isn't but I'm coming back to him), there'll be a stack who are really good, but too expensive, or not available now, or only interested if there's more power over transfers, or if the length of contract is particular to their needs, or whose managerial style doesn't dovetail with Charnley & Co, or who want to bring with them other demands/expenses.

Think about how many people actually get through to the final stage of an interview for a normal job? There'll be fucking hundreds who have enough on their CV to get it before the right eyes, some will be dismissed out of hand, some will get a little further, and so on and so forth. Claiming 80 candidates isn't daft, he's probably lowballing it to be honest.

Carver has this job because he meets enough of the requisites to pass the test.

He's available now,

He's cheap

He'll accept the regime as it is without kicking up a stink

He'll accept that come the end of the season he's 99.99% likely to lose his position (not only as Head Coach, but also as an NUFC employee)

He'll probably be good enough to finish outside the bottom three of this season

Add to that he's already got a rapport with the players, the management and the other coaches. It makes depressing sense.

I've no doubt we'll spend well in the summer if we stop up. I had no doubt we would do better than Carver too though, but that's waning.

Stop giving me more hope than is rational on the day we install John Carver as interim head coach.

If the threat of getting chinned provided footballers with motivation, it would be a much easier world.

We are 100% in for a rough time now like. No leaders on the pitch at all. Carver as much of Ashley's bitch as Pardew. The sooner we get to 40 points the better. Good old Newcastle United existence drone, I needed you again.

Fuck this club.

Do you think this team and Carver has it in them to get to 40 points? I reckon it's going to be a struggle, there's been no big change In tactics and it's the same coaching team that pardew had.

Well, on the plus side, if we do get someone decent in, and we don't get relegated, in 6 months we'll be in a far better situation than we would have been with Pardew. A lot of ifs.

The thoughts of others, were light and fleeting,

Of lovers meeting, or luck, or fame.

But mine were of trouble, and mine were steady,

And I was ready when the trouble came.

I'm ready for the relegation battle with Carver in command.

Strike up the band.

Mind you, it's really unsettling that he keeps mentioning Sir Bobby and now Speed in a ham-fisted attempt to curry favour with the fans.

Does turkey Carver's ham-fisted curry mean Toon's goose is finally cooked?

I was talking to Tom about this.

Course it's reasonable to accept Charnley's line about 80 candidates applying for the job. There'll be a stack who aren't up to scratch (I know carver isn't but I'm coming back to him), there'll be a stack who are really good, but too expensive, or not available now, or only interested if there's more power over transfers, or if the length of contract is particular to their needs, or whose managerial style doesn't dovetail with Charnley & Co, or who want to bring with them other demands/expenses.

Think about how many people actually get through to the final stage of an interview for a normal job? There'll be fucking hundreds who have enough on their CV to get it before the right eyes, some will be dismissed out of hand, some will get a little further, and so on and so forth. Claiming 80 candidates isn't daft, he's probably lowballing it to be honest.

Carver has this job because he meets enough of the requisites to pass the test.

He's available now,

He's cheap

He'll accept the regime as it is without kicking up a stink

He'll accept that come the end of the season he's 99.99% likely to lose his position (not only as Head Coach, but also as an NUFC employee)

He'll probably be good enough to finish outside the bottom three of this season

Add to that he's already got a rapport with the players, the management and the other coaches. It makes depressing sense.

I think your very optimistic to think he's good enough to keep us up. My hope is the players are good enough because I don't think there's any chance of him being good enough on his own.

I think your very optimistic to think he's good enough to keep us up. My hope is the players are good enough because I don't think there's any chance of him being good enough on his own.

Aye, this is a fucking nightmare appointment. One we all thought was likely to happen until the summer but it's utterly shit nonetheless. They've yet again took a gamble that we'll survive but I think this one is the riskiest they've attempted as Carver is shocking, his choices took us from a winning position to a draw with one of the worst sides in the league. We also have a horrific run of fixtures coming up, playing all of the top sides plus the mackems, which will no doubt result in fuck all points from this tosser.

I know we all feel we know their intentions (avoid relegation and nowt else) but seeing shite like this where they're basically gambling on scraping by for nigh on half a fucking season yet again is gutting.

HULL CITY (January 31)

Carver will know that his appointment on an interim basis is not the most popular decision that Newcastle have made. After three defeats and a draw, he has lost credibility and needs to win it back quickly to avoid this season going the same way as the last.

Never mind that, United still haven’t wriggled free of trouble at the bottom of the Premier League – and struggling Hull will be looking to capitalise.

It is imperative that Carver picks a team to impress the huge travelling faithful and proves that he is more than just a cheap option to buy Lee Charnley some time.

CRYSTAL PALACE (February 11)

It will have escaped no-one’s attention that Alan Pardew has started life as Crystal Palace manager with something of a bang. Four wins in four has given him a new lease of life and brought Palace to within touching distance of Newcastle.

Carver remains very close to Pardew and the pair have exchanged texts and calls since he left St James’ Park. But the old pals’ act needs to end here. Defeat at Selhurst Park, one of the few away grounds Newcastle have won at this season, would be a bitter, bitter pill to swallow.

ASTON VILLA (February 28)

If things aren’t going well, this is going to be a massive game. Villa are scrapping for their lives and Newcastle will hope to take advantage at St James’ Park, where the atmosphere has been dreadfully flat in recent weeks.

If Newcastle need three more wins this season, this has to be one where they are confident of banking three points.

SUNDERLAND (April 4)

Arguably the biggest game of the run-in, regardless of where Newcastle are at the time of it arriving.

Quite simply, the record against Sunderland under Alan Pardew was unacceptable for a Newcastle boss. Carver was tainted by association, having stood next to Pardew and plotted the Black Cats’ downfall at the same time. So what does that mean for him when Newcastle go to Sunderland looking for their first win in this fixture since 2011?

Carver simply cannot afford to lose.

WEST HAM (May 24)

The final game of the season is going to be a huge referendum on where Newcastle stand at the moment. There are rumblings once again about fans abandoning their season tickets but those noises last season came to nothing as the club reported similar sales.

The sense of disenchantment is not far away again. Those who predicted no buys and Carver in charge in May have been proved right – and however much Charnley assures us that there is a plan in the background, he has to accept that the cynics – once again – have been proved right.

Mark Douglas... Evening Chronicle

Do you think this team and Carver has it in them to get to 40 points? I reckon it's going to be a struggle, there's been no big change In tactics and it's the same coaching team that pardew had.

No, I do not think that is a given by any stretch. It would be so... 'Newcastle'... to go on a horrendous record breaking run of results from now til the end of the season, resulting in our relegation.

People saying that this isn't such a big deal because we will get someone else in in the summer are mental. This is yet another grim day for Newcastle under Ashley. Dark days ahead I think. I'm not going back to watch another game this season. I respect other people's decision to, but you've got to be mad to go and 'support the club not the regime' week in week out these days. 52,000 bitches of Mike Ashley.

This would only make sense if they had already an agreement with their prefered choice to take over next season as it would be madness to start the whole process of evaluating candidates in May or June again...

Therefore

"planning" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its a totally shit decision obviously. We are trusting our survival to a man whose qualification for the role was a short unsuccessful stint with Toronto FC and putting out the cones for Sir Bobby and Pardew. A man whos coached the team trhough long periods of awful football defeats and regular humpings.

How a man who looks like a pub landlord and whose answer to crises seems to be aggressive bluster is supposed to organise and manage a bunch of disinterested continental millionaires is a worry. Im not sure a 7 point head start is enough of a cushion for this guy, its such a massive gamble.

But this is the current regime all over. They dress up their lack of action in replacing failing managers and players as "support".....but i think theres a rabbit in the headlights quality to it. To me it looks like an inability to act decisively, preferring to muddle through and hope it turns out for the best. Not good enough imo.

Lets hope we havent used up all our luck on Pardew eh

Better the devil you know with Ashley innit as you never know what kind of shit sandwich is around the corner. Pardew was mostly hideous but at least he'd have kept us up. Fuck knows where the season goes from here. I wouldn't rule out a relegation battle.

it only takes a couple of clubs down the very bottom to put together a run and we're right in the mix. What concerns me is there is absolutely nothing to suggest Carver can secure the points necessary, the man has very little management experience......and 1 point out of 9 available so far.