Chancel Mbemba Mangulu

Park Life

Signing tomorrow according to various sources.

Know nothing about him but looks strong and determined. 7.5m euro CD/RB

s_203348_58_2012_1.jpg

"The centre back, who attracted interest from the likes of Atletico Madrid earlier in the summer, is expected to join his team mate Aleksandar Mitrović in swapping Belgium for Benton, as the striker was snapped arriving on Tyneside ahead of a £12.3 million move on Sunday.

The terms of 20-year-old Mbemba’s deal are up in the air. Prices ranging between £6 million-£10 million have been rumoured in the press, which would take United’s spending well past the £30 million mark.

In the double swoop, United seem to have addressed their two main problem areas, with the now inevitable (surely) sale of Williamson the potential cherry on top of a very sweet cake for Newcastle fans.

While Mitrovic’s reputation has gone before him slightly, not too much is known about Mbemba within the ranks of the Toon Army. Although after reading this article, the Congolese international’s potential arrival will be sure to set the appetite.

Here’s 10 things every Newcastle United fan should know about Chancel Mbemba…"

There’s little doubting the 20-year-old’s strongest position is at centre half. Although, the type of player he is means he is just as comfortable when asked to play at right back.

Mbemba, as you will learn in upcoming entries, isn’t the biggest player while his technical ability on the ball and athleticism lends itself to the rigours of being a modern day full back.

That ability on the ball, coupled with his defensive nous and eye for danger, means he can also play the holding midfield role when called upon.

The Congolese international has flourished in all three positions over in Belgium, which means Untied could use him in a number of ways when he is all signed up and ready to make his first team bow."

Edited by Park Life

Michael Jackson's "Remember the Time" should be a good basis for a chant.

I can see fans turning up to games with elastoplasts on their finger tips and buckles all over their toon tops, biting their bottom lips and going "I think I can Mbemba..... I think I can Mbemba (heehee)" etc.

woooooah we love Chancel Mbemba

I'd let my lass sleep with Mbemba

Woo-oaaah we love Chancel Mbemba

His age is indeterminate.

I notice the full article that Parky is going off suggests he's similar (albeit a bit more physical) to Colo. Whilst I'm delighted to see us signing a centreback, if we only sign one he needs to be one who can play alongside our only decent current defender and one who can play immediately. That article seems to be suggesting neither of those things would be the case with this lad.

I notice the full article that Parky is going off suggests he's similar (albeit a bit more physical) to Colo. Whilst I'm delighted to see us signing a centreback, if we only sign one he needs to be one who can play alongside our only decent current defender and one who can play immediately. That article seems to be suggesting neither of those things would be the case with this lad.

Why couldn't he and Colo play alongside each other?

Why couldn't he and Colo play alongside each other?

I'm just going off the difficulties Colo and Mbiwa had playing together. Colo seems to need a big physical centre half to play with (like a Williamson with ability). He's more like a sweeper and I'd be dubious about putting him alongside another player like that. The article does mention that this kid/pensioner is more physical so maybe I'm just reading it the wrong way and they could form a partnership. I've not seem him play at all so I'm only going off what I'm reading.

I'm just going off the difficulties Colo and Mbiwa had playing together. Colo seems to need a big physical centre half to play with (like a Williamson with ability). He's more like a sweeper and I'd be dubious about putting him alongside another player like that. The article does mention that this kid/pensioner is more physical so maybe I'm just reading it the wrong way and they could form a partnership. I've not seem him play at all so I'm only going off what I'm reading.

I read it as "he's a big lump that can play a bit", but I've not seen him either (beyond a couple of youtube clips) so :dunno:

Michael Jackson's "Remember the Time" should be a good basis for a chant.

I can see fans turning up to games with elastoplasts on their finger tips and buckles all over their toon tops, biting their bottom lips and going "I think I can Mbemba..... I think I can Mbemba (heehee)" etc.

:lol:

Chaaaa Mone!

I read yesterday that he'd had some sort of bone marrow test by fifa to confirm his age. Which it apparently did confirm as 20. Not sure how true or medically possible this is like.

Seeing Parky is a fan of big black cock, maybe he can lop the end off and count the rings to confirm.

I read it as "he's a big lump that can play a bit", but I've not seen him either (beyond a couple of youtube clips) so :dunno:

Not too sure about that....

Anderlecht manager Besnik Hasi has described Mbemba: “He has great class, he may not be tall if you compare him to some defenders but he is so fast and can jump so high, plus he’s a really good footballer too.” - See more at: http://www.themag.co.uk/2015/07/newcastle-agree-deal-for-chancel-mbemba-reports/#sthash.P7ZSodj4.dpuf

Not too sure about that....

Anderlecht manager Besnik Hasi has described Mbemba: “He has great class, he may not be tall if you compare him to some defenders but he is so fast and can jump so high, plus he’s a really good footballer too.” - See more at: http://www.themag.co.uk/2015/07/newcastle-agree-deal-for-chancel-mbemba-reports/#sthash.P7ZSodj4.dpuf

I meant he's a unit. As I said though, that's just how I read it, I've not seen him in the flesh as it were.

I'd worry a little how he will cope with the larger more physical players in the premier league. Who he gets partnered with is critical, with Colo I could see us really struggle with set pieces.