Other games 2015/16

Kid Dynamite

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloody Everton. We could be four points adrift by today and with the fixtures coming up it could easily get to 7-8.

No need to get a striker/defender in though.

Even if Swansea win we'll still be just 2 behind Norwich but I expected that to change rapidly if we don't get THAT striker we all know we need

I couldn't hate Everton more than I do. One favour, one time we need them to win, and they deserve to be losing 1-2 at home to Swansea.

It's a bastard, it really is, but I reckon there's more people to blame than an average PL club like Everton for us being in the shit.

It's a bastard, it really is, but I reckon there's more people to blame than an average PL club like Everton for us being in the shit.

Aye but it'll be infuriating watching them put 4 past us next game :lol:

I'm concerned all right concerned that if we go down we do a Middlesbrough they went down with us last time & are still there. Because you can bet not many of these players will stick around like Nolan, Barton & Carroll did. Then we had a team with a heart & spirit a respected manager now we have a team who'll play if they can be bothered a head coach who's starting to sound more & more like Pardew everyday I'm expecting him to "Fank Mike" before long . I'm concerned that we didn't have a striker lined up ready to sign for the club when the January window opened. I'm concerned that a lot of people aren't concerned about the position we're in its come around a lot earlier this time yesterday I was told not to worry about Swansea as they've thrown the towel in. It didn't look like that today as they took all 3 points from Everton at Goodison Park they looked like a team who are prepared to battle to stay up. Lastly there's a week left of the window I'll be concerned if we don't get that striker because we need someone to start knocking in the goals week in week out to get us out of this mess if they don't sign someone we should all be concerned.

The only reason to be so concerned about relegation is if you think that the club's current approach is something worthy of preservation. ie Existing in the Premier League with the goal of surviving the drop for continued use as the owner's free advertising billboard.

What is the point in staying up this year to do this all again next?

Why is anyone worrying about getting a shot at this terminally depressing shit again? It's not like "next season's gonna be the one". If we survive, next season is gonna be Groundhog Day all over again.

At least relegation would provide something different. (a positive goal rather than a strictly negative one) and deprive the owner of his worldwide advertising stream. Embrace it and your worries will dissolve. Unless you really, really can't resist another season like this one.

I know what you're saying G, but I still get excited by the odd good performance despite all that. I still watch every week And despite the hatred for the regime, most people just want to be able to watch a half decent game on a weekend. We're still getting 50k attendances despite everything.

We're never going to achieve much with Ashley in charge but all he really needs to do is somehow assemble a team that plays like they give a shit and most of us will be satisfied.

I know what you're saying G, but I still get excited by the odd good performance despite all that. I still watch every week And despite the hatred for the regime, most people just want to be able to watch a half decent game on a weekend. We're still getting 50k attendances despite everything.

We're never going to achieve much with Ashley in charge but all he really needs to do is somehow assemble a team that plays like they give a shit and most of us will be satisfied.

Yeah but that's the point. He's not going to assemble that team as long as the club is run this way, as it doesn't engender team spirit or loyalty. So the team is always going to be comprised of a combination of new signings that don't realise what they've got themselves into yet and jaded people that want to leave. A team like that is going nowhere.

Part of the problem as well is just how much of a pressure release a single shitty win brings about. Anorthernsoul gets a bit of stick on here for being miserable, but he's right to not look at a single win and be punching the air. It let's them off the hook.

The 50k thing is irrelevant btw. I put NUFC match attenders on a par with people that watch Celebrity Big Brother at this stage. They're part of the problem. I'm not suggesting I'm part of any solution btw, but I'm at least not part of the problem.

So are you saying you're so far removed now that you've stopped caring completely? In theory it sounds like the smart move but like a battered wife that keeps going back to her abusive husband, I can't let go.

There have been moments recently when I had to laugh at just how shite we've become. The defeats don't hurt as much as they used to but I still naively start believing again as soon as they put in the odd good performance.