Newcastle Utd V Watford / 3pm KO // SJP

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coloccini and Haidara were abysmal today. Coloccini is our signing of the season too according to our manager. Thank God we didn't sign more players then.

Feel sorry for Janmaat.

Dunno what's happened to Coloccini. I know he's been terrible since he said he wanted to go back to San Lorenzo but he was quality vs Man United and Arsenal and he was back to his usual shite self today. And how Sissoko thinks he is Champions League quality? And watching Janmaat attempting to single handedly bring us back into the game is pretty sad to watch.

Watch us now get our annual win vs Chelsea. Typical.

The base of a mid table PL side these days is pace and athleticism (WHam for instance)...When you aren't able to put 5/6 Tier one players in the team then it comes down to organization, intensity and pace to break out with (we do actually have some of that in a couple of player Winj and Sissoko). One is learning the league and needs a half a dozen more games and the other has been trying to leave for 2 seasons now. Compare the excellent Payet to Thauvin - one is the finished article and the other is a stringy kid still learning the game and if his confidence doesn't get shattered he might produce in a few months...Again lacks a bit of pace and isn't particularly athletic and doesn't have that burst say Hatem had.

The striker issue is my highest concern we have one madman and a joker.

Edited by Park Life

No chance. We've just signed an entire coaching team on long term contracts. People need to relax, this is still mainly Carver/Pardew's team. He will get another £50mil to spend in January yet. Hopefully Mitrovic coming back will make a difference.

He does however deserve stick for playing 4141, for starting with Cisse, for playing Perez on the wing, for playing Aarons at left back, for leaving De Jong on the bench and for dropping Anita instead of Colback

No chance. We've just signed an entire coaching team on long term contracts. People need to relax, this is still mainly Carver/Pardew's team. He will get another £50mil to spend in January yet. Hopefully Mitrovic coming back will make a difference.

He does however deserve stick for playing 4141, for starting with Cisse, for playing Perez on the wing, for playing Aarons at left back, for leaving De Jong on the bench and for dropping Anita instead of Colback

Completely agree. I'm not saying he's going to be, but, weren't our best managers given time? SBR had two 11th place finishes before we became a top four/unlikely title challenging team for example. Edited by Haydnator

ALL EYES ON @@The Fish

Bed wetters, the lot of you.

Shit start to the season, but hardest start. We'll end up about 12th.

Hopefully the 2nd half will speed up McClaren's realisation that Cisse can't play up front alone and should either be played as part of a two or brought on as an impact sub.

100% agree, although I think Aarons at LB was lack of options to replace a shocking Haidara/wanting to make an attacking sub? Maybe he was hoping RA would play further forward?

Special mention to Crooks saying we've unrealistic expectations though.

100% agree, although I think Aarons at LB was lack of options to replace a shocking Haidara/wanting to make an attacking sub? Maybe he was hoping RA would play further forward?

I can see us getting 2 wins out of these 6 games but after we lose to Chelsea and Man City we'll have 2 points from 24...even with a hard start, that is absolutely atrocious.

s6RjxaV.png
Edited by Haydnator

I can see us getting 2 wins out of these 6 games but after we lose to Chelsea and Man City we'll have 2 points from 24...even with a hard start, that is absolutely atrocious.

s6RjxaV.png

We'll end up about 12th. :dunno:

A lot of McLarens decent football with Derby last season came with a big guy up front who would hold the ball up (Chris Martin), with a lot of advanced midfield runners going past/supporting him. Once Martin was injured his/Derbys season fell apart towards the end of last season. I am not sure this has been a constant throughout his career but I imagine having someone up top ala Mitrovic who can do that would help us.

Still not going to toss my toys out of the pram atm. Individual players were not good enough today but there are some reasons, Haidara got no support from either left midfielder/left centre midfielder and a left back will always struggle against two etc. However McLaren can't be blameless and he should have identified these issues and planned for them accordingly.

We will finish 13th imo.

What does that bug eyed little cunt know about my expectations?

Took my little'un to her third match yesterday, she's now seen us lose 2-1 three times to the might of Swansea, Cardiff and Watford all at home. Fanks Mike. :good:

And once again, how many fucking times will we bemoan the lack of a left back? It's beyond embarrassing how an established PL club have been so blase about this position through the last few years.

Mbemba's the only signing that's looked quality so far.

There's a player in Wijanldum but he's far too anonymous for far too long. Not sure what Thuavin is exactly supposed to be. I thought he was the type of player to go past people and make things happen but there's been very little signs of that.

Met three black & white kamerads yesterday in the Strawberry, or should I say 'Erdbeere'?

Over to support the Toon as they were from our twinned city in Deutschland and they felt our club/fans were 'real' and not placca types. I don't know whether this shows we still have some global pull or it's the German equivalent of kids from the Midlands going up to support Stranraer in a kind of modern ironic way.