Yes Gemmill...

catmag

37 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

It's got to be tonight. The BBC can't suddenly decide it's alright to get the black suits off and come back in the morning, and they'll not want to be doing a 24 hour waffleathon. 

I'll go 18:30. Give people something to do while they have their tea. 

We have a winner!

• Haha 1

The sister of someone I used to work with is an RAF base commander. I met her once as she used to work at the MoD. Anyway she’s got a pair of shoes in a box at home that are specifically to be worn on the occasion of the Queen’s funeral (as an RAF base commander she’ll be part of the funeral procession from the Palace to Westminster Abbey). I just find all that sort of shit really bizarre. Also it’s obviously sad for a lot of people when someone like this does but a 96 year old dying with all her marbles after a fulfilling life is not the tragedy it’s about to be made out to be 

• Like 3

• Tom changed the title to Yes Gemmill...THE QUEEN IS DEAD

As an ardent anti-royalist, I find myself unexpectedly saddened at this news. Not for her as a person, but for the ever present figure she was in society - the symbol of the UK as much as I disagreed with that principle.

We enter a new era with absolute chaos and uncertainty for this country. We really are cut loose now - and with the insanity this country has about royals, who knows what lies ahead, or how this might penetrate the national psyche.

It feels like bad news, not meaningless news - a further indication of the collapse of this nation. Maybe I'm just being melodramatic though.

• Like 2

Just asked my lass if she's gonna be dressing in black and making me watch this shit on telly tonight. 

"I'd like to watch some of it, it's something that'll never happen again in our lifetime."

"Charles is 73." 

"Oh yeah."

I'm still being made to watch the shit though. 

• Haha 6

15 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

As an ardent anti-royalist, I find myself unexpectedly saddened at this news. Not for her as a person, but for the ever present figure she was in society - the symbol of the UK as much as I disagreed with that principle.

We enter a new era with absolute chaos and uncertainty for this country. We really are cut loose now - and with the insanity this country has about royals, who knows what lies ahead, or how this might penetrate the national psyche.

It feels like bad news, not meaningless news - a further indication of the collapse of this nation. Maybe I'm just being melodramatic though.

She did fuck all to stable that cunt Boris. Or putin etc 

• Meenzer changed the title to Yes Gemmill...