Vladimir Putin and Russia

Anorthernsoul

11 hours ago, ewerk said:

We provide the arms, the Ukrainians provide the blood. It’s much more preferable to British boots on the ground.

The figures you hear quoted aren’t all new spending. Much of it comes from within the existing defence budget and much of what we’re sending was already stockpiled 

Basically it’s much cheaper to send the arms than the personnel.

This 👆

Not to mention the incredible R&D information being gathered.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

You cannot do what he did and not expect the next steps. As soon as he started his march he had committed to a set of outcomes and backing down only had only one real outcome.

Aye. When they backed down I just assumed the whole charade of Wagner group marching on Putin was staged and Putin was in on it. I doubt any of those headcases were Mensa candidates but theyre surely dumb enough to show clear intent to overthrow Putin and not expect repercussions.

Fuck knows like, I'm getting a bit tinfoil hat but maybe Wagner briefly turning on Putin was a desperate ruse and entirely Putin's idea, Prigozhin goes along with daddy Vlad's plan completely blinkered to the fact Vlad has to make an example of him regardless of the outcome to save face.

16 hours ago, Blastronaut said:

Aye. When they backed down I just assumed the whole charade of Wagner group marching on Putin was staged and Putin was in on it. I doubt any of those headcases were Mensa candidates but theyre surely dumb enough to show clear intent to overthrow Putin and not expect repercussions.

Fuck knows like, I'm getting a bit tinfoil hat but maybe Wagner briefly turning on Putin was a desperate ruse and entirely Putin's idea, Prigozhin goes along with daddy Vlad's plan completely blinkered to the fact Vlad has to make an example of him regardless of the outcome to save face.

To be fair, it could’ve been a charade that still ended up with his being killed anyway. Just makes the whole thing more plausible. Whilst Putin has shown himself to not be the evil genius he’d like everyone to think he is, that sort of subterfuge isn’t beyond him. Who knows though? Like you say 

47 minutes ago, Alex said:

To be fair, it could’ve been a charade that still ended up with his being killed anyway. Just makes the whole thing more plausible. Whilst Putin has shown himself to not be the evil genius he’d like everyone to think he is, that sort of subterfuge isn’t beyond him. Who knows though? Like you say 

Or it could be a charade that's still carrying on and it's a faked death so he can live anonymously spending his billions

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Or it could be a charade that's still carrying on and it's a faked death so he can live anonymously spending his billions

Hadn’t thought of that but that makes sense too. 

Its so obvious from the footage it was a bomb or was shot down, and who was behind it. Staggers me that the vox pop russians just shrug their shoulders that they've basically got Stalin mk2 reunning their country. Are they afraid or do they simply not care Putin is a gangster? 

3 hours ago, Renton said:

Its so obvious from the footage it was a bomb or was shot down, and who was behind it. Staggers me that the vox pop russians just shrug their shoulders that they've basically got Stalin mk2 reunning their country. Are they afraid or do they simply not care Putin is a gangster? 

You can’t really blame them for doing so. 

Their country has been run as an organised crime operation for a couple of decades- the average Russian Joe is shit scared to go against it because of the numerous open windows he could fall out of. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Renton said:

Staggers me that the vox pop russians just shrug their shoulders

In this country we happily vote into power people who sell our state industries to their friends who make billions and run them into the ground, people who are bought and owned by Russians and others, who enrich themselves and their friends while stripping us of our rights and money.

The vox pop Russians are same as ordinary people everywhere, they care about feeding their family or drinking themselves stupid

• Like 5

1 hour ago, spongebob toonpants said:

In this country we happily vote into power people who sell our state industries to their friends who make billions and run them into the ground, people who are bought and owned by Russians and others, who enrich themselves and their friends while stripping us of our rights and money.

The vox pop Russians are same as ordinary people everywhere, they care about feeding their family or drinking themselves stupid

Or, in my case, both

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, spongebob toonpants said:

I take your point, and tbf I don't understand the support for the tory cunts here either, nor Trump in the US.

But.... We're nit yet at the stage where Johnson or Sunak murder political rivals in plain sight. And when surveyed, anonymously, the support for Putin is legitimately massive, much higher than any comparable Western leader. Yes, they are subject to huge doses of propaganda but its not North Korea, they do have the Internet. Yet overwhelming they support the invasion of a neighbouring country and the atrocities that come with that.

And btw, if people are basically the same everywhere, how do you explain mackems? 

33 minutes ago, Renton said:

I take your point, and tbf I don't understand the support for the tory cunts here either, nor Trump in the US.

But.... We're nit yet at the stage where Johnson or Sunak murder political rivals in plain sight. And when surveyed, anonymously, the support for Putin is legitimately massive, much higher than any comparable Western leader. Yes, they are subject to huge doses of propaganda but its not North Korea, they do have the Internet. Yet overwhelming they support the invasion of a neighbouring country and the atrocities that come with that.

And btw, if people are basically the same everywhere, how do you explain mackems? 

Judging by the wars in my lifetime and before, far too many Britains would be very happy to see an invasion and atrocities never mattered in Malaysia, Kenya etc. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...