The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

West Ham rule out loan deal for Andy Carroll as Newcastle United play down return

Reports suggest that West Ham will not allow Andy Carroll to return to Newcastle United on a loan deal

Take a chance on this Praet kid.  Yes he didn't have a great season statistically speaking at Sampdoria, but his manager kept putting him out there (30+ appearances) so he must have done something right at 22 years of age.  I think I read somewhere that he was refereed to as the next Eden Hazard, and I doubt we're going to get anything better than that for what we're spending.

16 hours ago, trooper said:

Rafa..."We will see what happens, it's still 11 days, but I don't see an easy window yet." 

IF we've got everyone we're getting we're going to be in big trouble.

So what Rafa is really saying is 'we've done out business so don't be expecting anything' 

20 minutes ago, StoneColdStephenIreland said:

PSG have bid over 200 million for Mbappe and Fabinho from Monaco.

Surely if UEFA are wanting to keep financial fair play as a tactic to keep transfer payments down etc then they should be kicked out of Europe for completely ignoring the "ruling" which has already been shown to be a shambles.

Apparently it's a loan so they don't pay the money til next season. And theyre flogging DiMaria, Matuidi and Aurier for the best part of £100mil

Lucas Perez latest

According to the Press Association, NUFC are one of seven clubs interested in the Arsenal forward.

Rafa Benitez admitted he liked the player earlier in the window but Arsenal’s asking price of £13.4 million was deemed too much.

Joselu has since arrived on Tyneside and Benitez said on Friday that the striker business is now finished.

IF we're not looking for another striker we're " Donald Ducked"

9 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

We've got numbers, strikers-wise, even if they are all a bit shit. If we sign another striker 

Joselu's only a squad player  we're in serious trouble mate if thats it regarding strikers. Just been reading Gayle will miss the Forest game with illness, Mitrovic can't get a game it's not looking to  clever if we're not looking to sign a quality striker.

On 8/21/2017 at 9:57 AM, rogerbarton said:

6 goals in 37 games for Norwich in 2012-13, 6 goals in 30 games for Norwich in 2013-14, 7 goals in 20 games for Hull last year.

Snodgrass is a decent number ten and a major improvement on anything else we've got, especially at the price he'd cost relative to current market rates.

He's far from any major improvement on anything we've got. He's also a whining prick.

4 hours ago, trooper said:

Joselu's only a squad player  we're in serious trouble mate if thats it regarding strikers. Just been reading Gayle will miss the Forest game with illness, Mitrovic can't get a game it's not looking to  clever if we're not looking to sign a quality striker.

Joselu's far from a squad player.

He's capable of being a decent striker for us if Rafa plays him and doesn't starve him of service.

I have high hopes for this lad.

2 hours ago, wolfy said:

Joselu's far from a squad player.

He's capable of being a decent striker for us if Rafa plays him and doesn't starve him of service.

I have high hopes for this lad.

I obviously hope you're right and he is capable of being a decent premier league striker, but what do you base that assessment on? A few appearances off the bench for stoke and a meagre goal return, or do you know something the rest of us don't?

1 hour ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Fucking scary that 13 million is too much for us to pay for a player in this day and age.

Owen still our record transfer from over a decade ago. Jesus wept 

Edited by Dr Gloom

Yep, every single club in the division has broken their transfer record in the last 2 years. We broke ours 12 years ago. Also, our highest fee is dwarfed by the highest fees of the following...

Watford
Man Utd
Man City
Liverpool
Southampton
Everton
Leicester
Spurs
Arsenal
Chelsea
Stoke
Bournemouth
Crystal Palace
West Ham

Are they all owned by oligarchs and SOVVERRRRINNN STAYYYYTES

12 minutes ago, ohhh_yeah said:

MARQUEE SIGNING!

Ahh, Marquee, He's a false demi-regista who also plays an inverted libero role. Good signing if true.

Loads of rumours this morning about Riviere and De Jong heading out the door. Happy if this means we're bringing in more players, but De Jong was actually the only #10 on our books I had faith in. Based on little more than cameos and hope.

12 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

I obviously hope you're right and he is capable of being a decent premier league striker, but what do you base that assessment on? A few appearances off the bench for stoke and a meagre goal return, or do you know something the rest of us don't?

Seriously? We're reduced to hoping Wolfy is right about something? ffs!