Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

25 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I was at that game, right next to the tunnel tbh. 
Him, Zola and Poyet seemed genuinely blown away by their reception from us as they left. 
I’m sure one of them chucked their shirt in to our lot too. 

Leaving the ground after I remember saying to a Chelsea lad “ Cheer up man, you’s fucking won!” because he looked utterly miserable…

… which might’ve been because he was surrounded by thousands of pissed-up raucous Geordies, but hey-ho. :lol:

do you know mr mf I've been to all our old wembley appearances including and since the '76 league final against man city. the chelsea semi final was probably the hardest one to take! 

my fondest memory is coming out after the 0-4 charity shield defeat and the heavens fucking opened, I mean the rain was bouncing 6 inches off the ground. amongst the thousands of very wet and miserable geordies in the big car park at the back was stood a lone man utd supporter, his mates still in the ground, waving an eric cantona flag giving it the big one. hadn't even finished thinking 'what a cunt' when somebody walked over and one punch levelled him before bending down and snapping his flag stick in half.

childish I know, but still makes me chuckle to this day.  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

24 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

do you know mr mf I've been to all our old wembley appearances including and since the '76 league final against man city. the chelsea semi final was probably the hardest one to take! 

my fondest memory is coming out after the 0-4 charity shield defeat and the heavens fucking opened, I mean the rain was bouncing 6 inches off the ground. amongst the thousands of very wet and miserable geordies in the big car park at the back was stood a lone man utd supporter, his mates still in the ground, waving an eric cantona flag giving it the big one. hadn't even finished thinking 'what a cunt' when somebody walked over and one punch levelled him before bending down and snapping his flag stick in half.

Grim day, biblical rain walking out, I jumped on top of a van from an overhead walkway to save time only to discover on landing it was a police van, luckily for me there was nobody in it but one of met officers shouted for me to 'come back here!' from the walkway I'd just jumped down from, me......

sloth no GIF

• Haha 6

25 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

I'm a fundamental atheist but when that rain started I believed that God existed for a minute and that he was a cunt. 

The Chelsea semi was one of my lowest points as a fan - I went straight home and played Fake Plastic Trees by Radiohead on repeat for an hour before finally snapping out of it. 

Fucking Poyet. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, thebrokendoll said:

😂

I was at the Cardiff Millennium stadium game against Manure and we were stood in this square before the game having a pint, along about 2-300 other Geordies. There was a couple of coppers there, having a bit laugh with everyone as it was all good natured drunkenness. 
Two Manure fans came around the corner next to us and you see the cogs turning as they realised where they were, but their legs were still taking them forward. 
Some daft lad leaned over and said something to the effect of 

“ Alreet lads, do you want a beer?” 
Daft twats, with huge relief on their faces, said “Yes please” 

In Les than 15 seconds they were totally drenched in beer and looking like drowned rats. :lol:
Coppers were stood there pissing themselves as the masses ushered them on their way with a few more pints on the head to keep them going. 

• Haha 7

I think I can top that. After the charity shield we got soaked and we were basically standing in the shower fully clothed for several minutes wet (not that I’ve actually tried that). When we got back to the car we had a £100 parking ticket. That and we got stuck in the Oasis Knebworth traffic on the journey home and that added a good couple of hours to the journey. 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 5

23 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

😂

I was at the Cardiff Millennium stadium game against Manure and we were stood in this square before the game having a pint, along about 2-300 other Geordies. There was a couple of coppers there, having a bit laugh with everyone as it was all good natured drunkenness. 
Two Manure fans came around the corner next to us and you see the cogs turning as they realised where they were, but their legs were still taking them forward. 
Some daft lad leaned over and said something to the effect of 

“ Alreet lads, do you want a beer?” 
Daft twats, with huge relief on their faces, said “Yes please” 

In Les than 15 seconds they were totally drenched in beer and looking like drowned rats. :lol:
Coppers were stood there pissing themselves as the masses ushered them on their way with a few more pints on the head to keep them going. 

:lol:

aye, was at that one too, remember it was that fucking cold queueing up at cardiff station afterwards they were handing out silver foil jackets to ward off hypothermia.

like the welsh constabulary I do, think they were telling man utd supporters they had none left.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Alex said:

I think I can top that. After the charity shield we got soaked and we were basically standing in the shower fully clothed for several minutes wet (not that I’ve actually tried that). When we got back to the car we had a £100 parking ticket. That and we got stuck in the Oasis Knebworth traffic on the journey home and that added a good couple of hours to the journey. 

four-yorkshiremen-luxury-gif-1.gif.84558c3b93087f15d5f6cabebfc46f8c.gif

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Howay said:

How do idiots like this get paid for their opinions :lol: 

Want to know what every Tom, dick and harry have said about Newcastle on the likes of talksport? Then the Ronny Gill is YOUR FUCKING MAN! 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Want to know what every Tom, dick and harry have said about Newcastle on the likes of talksport? Then the Ronny Gill is YOUR FUCKING MAN! 

It’s still just a poor man’s Wykiki though.

Edited by Isegrim
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Seems Matty is also dense to go along with being a fucking crap footballer. Matty has definitely seen worse, and he had the perfect view seeing as they were off his own boot #divvie #bellend

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 3

Wood was shite though. I’ve seen worse missed chances too but it was a woeful effort to cap a dreadful performance. I do feel bad for him. But let’s not pretend it was out of character for him to play like that. Pattison was fucking miles out of his depth here, so at least he knows what he’s talking about I suppose 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Alex said:

I always love it when a player announces their retirement about 4 years after it happened 

That joke, ironically, never gets old.

• Haha 4