Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

16 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

If they have the President of the Federation on audio saying those things, isn't there an investigation of some sort happening? It's one thing to rig the system so that the status quo is very hard to challenge, another to outright say that Atleti must be stopped from winning the title. 

Maybe I didn't express myself very well. The president does not say directly that Atleti does not have to win LaLiga, but literally says "Poor my friend Ramón, he thinks Atleti is going to win LaLiga. Whatever has to happen will happen so that Atleti does not win".

By the way. Mysteriously, the next two games that he sent that audio, Atleti was seriously damaged and lost against Betis and Real Madrid.

Against Betis, Morata did not receive a clear penalty with 0-0 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNyrr1RyRvY&t=45s&ab_channel=LaLigaSantander) and Atleti ended up losing 1-0.

A few days later, against Real Madrid, we lost 3-1 and it was a real scandal. (Vinicius was awarded a penalty inside the area for a foul that went outside the area. Morata had a goal disallowed for offside and then a VAR technician admitted that the goal had been legal. And at the end of the game, Morata received another very clear penalty, this time Casemiro, which was not pointed out) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6tJzKvKB8w&ab_channel=LaLigaSantander)

A few weeks later, Atleti came to play against Barcelona at the Camp Nou. If Atleti won, they would be two points behind Barcelona, which was the leader. Atleti was in a great moment and Barcelona was suffering. They had a more complicated schedule. And there were only 6-7 league games left.

In the 28th minute of that match, the referee decided to expel Diego Costa with a direct red card. The referee assures that he told him "I shit on your fucking mother". And in the Federation they said that the microphones had picked up the audios and that Diego Costa could be heard saying that. They even claimed that they had hired a special recording agency to study the case. They never showed the audios, although they said they were going to make them public. Diego Costa assures that he did not insult the referee. Diego Costa was suspended for 8 matches. (By the way, there are images in the same match of Messi, Suárez and Jordi Alba insulting the referee). In the Spanish League, the Federation does not intervene as the FA never does if the referee does not put it on the record.

Just a few days ago, a Spanish referee recognized that it is impossible for the microphones they carry to record what happens more than 4-5 meters away. That day, Diego Costa was more than 10 meters from the referee, so there was never such a recording and Diego Costa was simply sent off for no reason.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sorry for the long story.

The case is yes. There are sufficient reasons to open files with the Presidents of LaLiga and the Federation, but they don't.

They also have audios of the President of La Liga negotiating money with Piqué for the celebration of the Spanish Super Cup (Pique has a company that was the one that got the Super Cup to be played in Saudi Arabia) saying that the President would earn more money if they went to the tournament Madrid and Barcelona (for this they have to be 1st and 2nd in the League).

They also have audios of Sergio Ramos trying to persuade Luis Enrique to take him with the national team and for him to be summoned to the Olympic Games.

They also have audios where the President admits that he is paying parties with prostitutes and personal trips for his family with the Federation's money.

And many more things.

It is a pity that you cannot understand Spanish, because a few months ago, when all this came out publicly, the president gave a press conference that he cannot miss. Sounds like a humorous monologue.

PS: The President, Rubiales, is a former footballer (he played for Levante). Well, when he was at Levante, where he was the 2nd captain, an audio was also leaked between the club captain and the Levante president where they said they were going to lose on the last day against Athletic Bilbao. That Athletic had paid them for it. That the referees knew it. And that the president of the Federation (Villar, a former Athletic Bilbao footballer) also agreed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Jaysus... 1

19 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

The case is yes. There are sufficient reasons to open files with the Presidents of LaLiga and the Federation, but they don't.

They also have audios of the President of La Liga negotiating money with Piqué for the celebration of the Spanish Super Cup (Pique has a company that was the one that got the Super Cup to be played in Saudi Arabia) saying that the President would earn more money if they went to the tournament Madrid and Barcelona (for this they have to be 1st and 2nd in the League).

They also have audios of Sergio Ramos trying to persuade Luis Enrique to take him with the national team and for him to be summoned to the Olympic Games.

They also have audios where the President admits that he is paying parties with prostitutes and personal trips for his family with the Federation's money.

And many more things.

It is a pity that you cannot understand Spanish, because a few months ago, when all this came out publicly, the president gave a press conference that he cannot miss. Sounds like a humorous monologue.

PS: The President, Rubiales, is a former footballer (he played for Levante). Well, when he was at Levante, where he was the 2nd captain, an audio was also leaked between the club captain and the Levante president where they said they were going to lose on the last day against Athletic Bilbao. That Athletic had paid them for it. That the referees knew it. And that the president of the Federation (Villar, a former Athletic Bilbao footballer) also agreed.

This crowd may try and make you feel bad about giving a comprehensive response, but you be true to yourself. Never back down, never apologise. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Diego21 said:

And many more things.

We have an English version, it's called the premier league and they serve six clubs. The ex-chairman was on record as not wanting another Leicester City happening I believe? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

This crowd may try and make you feel bad about giving a comprehensive response, but you be true to yourself. Never back down, never apologise, but always use 100 words when 5 would do. 

Fishd'YP

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

This crowd may try and make you feel bad about giving a comprehensive response, but you be true to yourself. Never back down, never apologise. 

Shut the fuck up, Donny. 

5 words. 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

We have an English version, it's called the premier league and they serve six clubs. The ex-chairman was on record as not wanting another Leicester City happening I believe? 

You’d think Spurs would want that 

7 hours ago, Diego21 said:

And many more things.

Interesting, and quite scandalous. 

No wonder these guys want to start a Super League as well, looks like there may be another attempt at that. Hopefully there will be enough of a backlash again to put an end to it, at least in England. Barca and Real can start a bilateral league if they like.

Edited by aimaad22

On 27/10/2022 at 10:58, Howmanheyman said:

Serves 6 clubs? They definitely don't serve Man City, at least not from our point of view. But i guess we all see and hear different things. As far as i am aware the premier league are still investigating us for alleged FFP or should i say having the temerity to upset the establishment, so they're no friends of ours. 

And notice how the media bang on about Liverpool almost winning the quadruple yet the trophies they did win were on penalties. You hear more of that than us actually winning all 4 domestic trophies or being centurions in recent years. Not that there's a bias towards the history clubs.

5 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

Serves 6 clubs? They definitely don't serve Man City, at least not from our point of view. But i guess we all see and hear different things. As far as i am aware the premier league are still investigating us for alleged FFP or should i say having the temerity to upset the establishment, so they're no friends of ours. 

And notice how the media bang on about Liverpool almost winning the quadruple yet the trophies they did win were on penalties. You hear more of that than us actually winning all 4 domestic trophies or being centurions in recent years. Not that there's a bias towards the history clubs.

Uefa might be out to get you but I still get the impression that boat has sailed now as far the premier league are concerned. Chelsea are in even clearer waters than your club. I've no doubt in my mind that Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal were the club's calling the shots with Tottenham coming back in from the cold, those clubs plus Everton were part of the self styled big five which agitated the most for the new premier league. It's naked greed at opportune moments for them to pull up the ladder, yourselves and Chelsea must've pissed them off, us getting in on the act had to be stopped or stymied. Football should be cyclical and three to five clubs are a disgrace for trying to end competitive football forever. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Uefa might be out to get you but I still get the impression that boat has sailed now as far the premier league are concerned. Chelsea are in even clearer waters than your club. I've no doubt in my mind that Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal were the club's calling the shots with Tottenham coming back in from the cold, those clubs plus Everton were part of the self styled big five which agitated the most for the new premier league. It's naked greed at opportune moments for them to pull up the ladder, yourselves and Chelsea must've pissed them off, us getting in on the act had to be stopped or stymied. Football should be cyclical and three to five clubs are a disgrace for trying to end competitive football forever. 

I've given Newcastle United a clean slate when it comes to club versus club shenanigans due to the takeover. But previously Newcastle were one of the majority of clubs to push for action against us. That was then, this is now and I suspect we might be boardroom allies of sorts now. It seems the american owners want the european superleague so they can permanently avoid relegation (we were last to join for fear of being left behind and first to leave along with Chelsea - i think uefa are aware of that too)

I'm unsure if you guys are state owned or not, i'm sure you can fill me in more accurately than the press. We are owned by CFG (city football group) who in turn are about 75% owned by ADUG, 15% owned by a Chinese Media Group and 10% owned by an American investment group. ADUG is a vehicle for Sheikh Mansour (a bit like being owned by Prince William or Harry).

The formula will be the same for all "new" clubs, massive investment to get you to the top table. Then prudent management on and off the pitch to keep you there. Just look at our net spends over the last 5 years.

go on i can't resist...

last 5 seasons breakdown of transfers netspend, expenditure and sales with every team broken down (25 long thread)

Swiss Ramble looking for disparity between LFC and MCFC spend

13 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

But previously Newcastle were one of the majority of clubs to push for action against us.

Were we? We were run day to day by a man entirely devoid of a backbone so I doubt we were pushing for anything, especially when, metaphorically speaking, you were in a different league to us. It would have been Lee Charnley choosing the path of least resistance.

Regarding our ownership we are owned 80% by PIF which is legally distinct from the Saudi government. But of course in reality there is no such distinction, just as there isn't between ADUG and the Abu Dhabi government.