Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

7 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

So the only number nine in our history was Shearer, was it? #SackTheBoard

They might have a legal challenge if they named it after Supermac :icon_lol:

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Alex said:

I bet there’ll be less outcry about this then there is about NUFC 

Same as all the western Companies that will flood to Saudi Arabia’s new city NEOM. Fwiw I’m more than fine for football to be held to a higher standard if that’s what we decided, it would be incredibly hard to do since anyone excluded but able to do other business in the U.K. would probably be able to sue, but I’d be fine with them trying. Again though that’s not really why most of this outrage is happening, there are no doubt some that truly want it and are consistent, but once there was a whiff of Saudi interest the Chelsea fans did a complete 180 in their opinions while doing mental gymnastics about why it was different in their case. 

What a pile of shite. Why does Eddie Howe have to answer these questions? For whose benefit? The fans aren’t clamouring for answers? It’s for dickheads like him to make shite moral arguments and to paint himself as holier than though.

Howe is a football manager. He’s an intelligent fella and I’m sure has opinions on Saudi Arabia but it’s not his responsibility to voice those concerns or face interrogation on those issues by people no more qualified than him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It was absolutely ok for him to cover matches involving Chelsea for two decades without asking these questions though. Just fuck off tbh 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

They can all fuck off. 

Premier league sanctioned the takeover so take all your wanky questions there.

Saudis are well and truly intertwined into loads of UK businesses pre us so start there and when you’ve worked through that list, pop along for q & a at the strawberry.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Isegrim said:

Simon Bird really comes out with some rubbish these days.

:lol: Bird does aye. 

It is a shame Howe doesn’t come out and say something mind as it seems like if he does the whole of Saudi Arabia will listen, and immediately change to a full westernized culture that people like Simon Bird find to be the only, and acceptable form of culture. Or maybe the opinion of a football manager is irrelevant? 

It would be accused of it, but it absolutely isn’t whataboutism to say that someone in a position of running the county, like I don’t know, Boris Johnson? Might be in more of a position where he should speak about these issues, but instead he is signing billion pound deals, and supplying them with fighter jets, and bombs.

He’s a fucking football manager man, his job is to talk about football. Just because he is employed by them why does that make him any more qualified or obligated to discuss it? If they want to question the man’s integrity for taking such a job perhaps that’s fine, you’d have to live some fucking life to not be a hypocrite for calling him out for that but by all means jump through those hoops, he can then give an answer that he’s just here to coach footy and he’s buzzing at the opportunity in front of him - again they can read into that however they like. But to say he has some fucking obligation to speak out? Every single manager and player in the league should be asked about it if that’s the case, probably start asking them about every single other ill that happens in the world since those are all important topics too. 

Additionally, if we are going to be brought up every single time Chelsea are discussed shouldn’t Manchester City be brought up as well? Or are the UAE and all their dealings all above board? Or maybe they’re all perfectly content to delude themselves that there’s true separation between Manchester City and UAE leadership, but don’t want to apply that shit logic to our ownership. 

As I’ve said all the time, journalists should feel free to attack our owners, fans that support the SA regime in any way i.e. flying flags, defending their actions, etc (again though maybe clarify that it’s a minority of the fan base here), the PL, UEFA, UK Government, FIFA, and whoever fucking else allowed these types of people into football, but it’s completely fucking rich to target Eddie Howe a man that has absolutely no desire to enter the political arena, or the fan base that just wants to watch the team play. 

Anyway, I wonder how Southgates lads will do at the 2022 World Cup in Qatar. Hopefully every single manager and player that goes there to play, therefore being just as complicit as Eddie Howe is accused of being here, faces a similar grilling every single time they’re interviewed. Now that I think about it, that might be tough since all these journalists will definitely be boycotting that World Cup right?

TLDR:

Bunch of sanctimonious, boring, arrogant cunts. You’re a bunch of blokes that write about football for a living man, that doesn’t give you free reign to be the arbiters of every fucking topic and issue known to man. Stick to what you know, feel free to write articles about the state of the game because of involvement of these types but stop passing fucking judgement on everyone from your proper high altar of a… football journalist :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

What a pile of shite. Why does Eddie Howe have to answer these questions? For whose benefit? The fans aren’t clamouring for answers? It’s for dickheads like him to make shite moral arguments and to paint himself as holier than though.

Howe is a football manager. He’s an intelligent fella and I’m sure has opinions on Saudi Arabia but it’s not his responsibility to voice those concerns or face interrogation on those issues by people no more qualified than him.

Maybe he should call them out, probably get fired and then the owners can get someone like Thomas Tuchel, or basically any other football manager that would gleefully take the job. 

If Howe gives an answer it'll just spawn a salvo of further questions resulting in him getting pissed off and reverting to the stance he's taken. These are no marks seeking a headline to boost their careers, they couldn't give a fuck about anything else.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Alex said:

It was absolutely ok for him to cover matches involving Chelsea for two decades without asking these questions though. Just fuck off tbh 

And wax lyrical about the style of football Chelsea played. All financed with corrupt money. 

They're trying to dig themselves out of the shit and put us in there instead.

Cunts

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

TF: Don't call the media "hypocrites" and other now apparently questionable standpoints...

https://true-faith.co.uk/criticism-of-newcastle-united-a-users-guide-to-coping-with-it/

Bit of an arse-licking piece by someone with pretensions to be a journalist themselves perhaps? Absolute fucking bollocks too 

• Like 3