Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

27 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

If someone calls me out for supporting Newcastle United on the basis our owners are cunts then I can call them what I like. 

In particular re: Oliver Holt. Apart from covering the Joshua fight in Saudi he said you couldn’t blame Joshua for taking the money. To argue you can’t level an accusation of hypocrisy at someone like that is fucking ridiculous 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

If someone calls me out for supporting Newcastle United on the basis our owners are cunts then I can call them what I like. 

haven't even read the article yet, but I'm a 100% certain I'm gonna agree with every word of the above.

furthermore, if the caller outer happened to be a born for the first time, frothing at the mouth supporter of human rights mackem, I'd deliberately go out me way to antagonise the cunt further.   :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Pod om the Tyne today apparently had someone email in with them wrestling with their conscious and our owners and how can he help. Suggesting giving money to charity.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

TF: Don't call the media "hypocrites" and other now apparently questionable standpoints...

https://true-faith.co.uk/criticism-of-newcastle-united-a-users-guide-to-coping-with-it/

Unreadable. Like one of the Fish’s posts from a few years back. 

I like the True Faith podcasts but their print journalism is bloody awful. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Yeh I thought the same, somewhere in there he’s trying to make a point as as far as I can ascertain it’s a totally stupid one. 

As for the print…it’s word soup!

I’m not sure what he was trying to say but the simple message should be “Newcastle United fans can enjoy their football club but don’t need to exalt or defend the  Saudi Regime to do so”, it could have been a tweet. 

• Like 4

Newcastle purchased by PIF

Media and everyone else: "By continuing to support the club you're really just endorsing every misbehaviour of KSA"

Newcastle supporters: "I know it's a complex issue but there are a great many other links to KSA well established in other sports and through the UK government and other private ventures, should these be considered in the same way or are you being contradictory?"

Media and everyone else: "That's whataboutism, you're just dodging the issue"

Chelsea FC seized by UK Government

Media and everyone else: "WHATABOUT NEWCASTLE!"

• Like 12

6 hours ago, OTF said:

Newcastle purchased by PIF

Media and everyone else: "By continuing to support the club you're really just endorsing every misbehaviour of KSA"

Newcastle supporters: "I know it's a complex issue but there are a great many other links to KSA well established in other sports and through the UK government and other private ventures, should these be considered in the same way or are you being contradictory?"

Media and everyone else: "That's whataboutism, you're just dodging the issue"

Chelsea FC seized by UK Government

Media and everyone else: "WHATABOUT NEWCASTLE!"

Perfectly summed up 👍🏻

Some patter in the thread saying it's the big clubs protecting themselves and therefore bad news for us. But if we progressively inflate income from sponsors as we move up the league (and once we're nearer the top, no one can argue that we don't merit deals as big as any club), then this must work in our favour. 

5 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Some patter in the thread saying it's the big clubs protecting themselves and therefore bad news for us. But if we progressively inflate income from sponsors as we move up the league (and once we're nearer the top, no one can argue that we don't merit deals as big as any club), then this must work in our favour. 

I just don’t get how it works, I also won’t click on anything by that prick Panja so will have to wait for a proper journalist to go through it. Is it simply a year to year thing in that you spend it or lose it? Or can you build up a reserve over time? If it’s the former then it’s even more evidence that none of this charade is to help keep clubs solvent, as that just encourages constant large spending. 

I also really don’t understand how they’re going to grade who can get what sponsorship. It might seem obvious to say well the sponsors of Man City will clearly pay more as there’s more exposure, but who is to say there’s not company’s out there that would think sponsoring Man City in some way has them lost among a flood of other sponsors whereas sponsoring another side still gives them great exposure and for big money they’d be front and center for that side. It’s just too subjective, so again it would just be a heap of bollocks intended to suit this self appointed “big 6” that want to stay there with no competition. 

10 minutes ago, Howay said:

I just don’t get how it works, I also won’t click on anything by that prick Panja so will have to wait for a proper journalist to go through it. Is it simply a year to year thing in that you spend it or lose it? Or can you build up a reserve over time? If it’s the former then it’s even more evidence that none of this charade is to help keep clubs solvent, as that just encourages constant large spending. 

I also really don’t understand how they’re going to grade who can get what sponsorship. It might seem obvious to say well the sponsors of Man City will clearly pay more as there’s more exposure, but who is to say there’s not company’s out there that would think sponsoring Man City in some way has them lost among a flood of other sponsors whereas sponsoring another side still gives them great exposure and for big money they’d be front and center for that side. It’s just too subjective, so again it would just be a heap of bollocks intended to suit this self appointed “big 6” that want to stay there with no competition. 

The only metric I can think of that would support the existing status quo would be to limit each club by a percentage increase based on its previous year/3 year sponsorship driven revenue generation. The big clubs are already saturated on that front and would be unlikely to exceed a (for instance) 10% increase in previous years sponsorship revenues. We would be particularly affected by it since Ashley did so very little to make a commercial success of us on this front.

It would be incredibly unfair of course but no team in the league would be hit by it more than us, I suspect.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

The only metric I can think of that would support the existing status quo would be to limit each club by a percentage increase based on its previous year/3 year sponsorship driven revenue generation. The big clubs are already saturated on that front and would be unlikely to exceed a (for instance) 10% increase in previous years sponsorship revenues. We would be particularly affected by it since Ashley did so very little to make a commercial success of us on this front.

It would be incredibly unfair of course but no team in the league would be hit by it more than us, I suspect.

Pretty sure they impose that kind of restriction on wage increase (10% rise a year), but may be wrong.

Yeah I think wykiki is on about whoever is far left. I remember Stephen Miller (i think) from when I was a kid. I'm sure he was part of the Junior Magpies thing.

• Like 2