Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Fnarr fnarr!

The Hong Kong Film awards top 100 Chinese films .....from most recent to oldest....

Infernal Affairs

Shaolin Soccer

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

Yi Yi: A One and a Two

Platform

Durian Durian

In the Mood for Love

The Mission

Not One Less

Made in Hong Kong

Happy Together

Comrades: Almost a Love Story

A Chinese Odyssey

Summer Snow

In the Heat of the Sun

Chungking Express

Ashes of Time

Farewell My Concubine

C'est la vie, mon chéri

The Wedding Banquet

The Blue Kite

In the Hands of a Puppet Master

Centre Stage

The Story of Qiu Ju

92 Legendary La Rose Noire

Rebels of the Neon God

A Brighter Summer Day

Once Upon a Time in China

Days of Being Wild

City of Sadness

The Killer

God of Gamblers

As Tears Go By

Rouge

Red Sorghum

An Autumn's Tale

A Chinese Ghost Story

City on Fire

A Better Tomorrow

The Terrorizers

Dust in the Wind

Hibiscus Town

The Time to Live and the Time to Die

Police Story

Taipei Story

The Black Cannon Incident

Yellow Earth

Long Arm of the Law

Homecoming

Shanghai Blues

The Eight Diagram Pole Fighter

Zu Warriors

Ah Ying / Ban Bian Ren

Digital Master

Boat People

Nomad

Father and Son

Dangerous Encounters of the First Kind

The Spooky Bunch

The Secret

The Butterfly Murders

Raining in the Mountain

Drunken Master

The Private Eyes

China Behind

The House of 72 Tenants

Fist of Fury

Execution in Autumn

A Touch of Zen

The Arch

The Winter

Dragon Gate Inn

One Armed-Swordsman

The Story of A Discharged Prisoner

Po Xiao Shi Fen

Two Stage Sisters

The Love Eterne

Dreams of the Red Chambers

The Orphan

The Wild, Wild Rose

The Great Devotion

My Intimate Partner

Kingdom and the Beauty

The Purple Hairpin

Feast of a Rich Family

Lin Zexu

Mambo Girl

Cold Nights

Parents' Hearts

In the Face of Demolition

Festival Moon

This Life of Mine

Ai Le Zhong Nian

Spring in a Small Town

Sorrows of the Forbidden City

Tai Tai Wan Sui

Myriad of Lights

The Spring River Flows East

Street Angel

Song at Midnight

The Goddess

The Big Road

Little Toys

Judge Dredd. Thoroughly enjoyed it once I got in to it. So much better all round than the last shite version.

If you read it as a kid they done a great version of judge Anderson as well (the telepath).

8/10.

Paris, Texas

paris.jpg

Absolutely stunning film set in 1984 starring Harry Stanton as a man who is found wandering across the Texas landscape who seems unable to speak. He then collapses and is taken to a nearby medical centre and the doctor ends up calling his brother who lives in LA to pick him up and the story unravels from there.

You then end up finding out that he has been missing for four years, although you don't find out the reasons why until the end of the film.

Don't really want to ruin the plot for people, but despite seeming like nothing happens it really does. It's one of those film that's totally character driven and the visually backgrounds make this a really beautiful film that leaves you on an emotional knife edge all of the way through it.

Watched this last night after reading your post. Thought it was a cracking film, as you say, some great visuall backgrounds and also a canny dark, Cooder soundtrack.

Edited by @yourservice

Finally got around to watchin No Country For Old Men last night.

Enjoyable well shot picture with plenty of signs of Coen. Not an immediately rewarding watch in the typical sense, but it has a lot of talking points. I found some of the developments to be a little contrived simply to tell the story that the author wanted to tell (assuming it is true to the book here).

Great movie monster and on the whole an enjoyable thought provoking watch.

Paris, Texas sounds the business. Will add that to my list.

Paris Texas is a beautiful film. Lush cinematography. A lot like The Searches in many ways.

I love its unhurried pace; even at clise to three hours though, it doesnt drag.The scene at the end through the mirror is really well done; some nice commentaries by Wenders on the DVD on how they did it; and how long they waited to get the train going past on another scene.

Fish are you after any recommendations of films of a certain genre? I can hoy some up for you.

Some of the less well known films I've enjoyed enough to recommend to others are:

Brick

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Infernal Affairs

So, something like that would be awesomesauce

Went to see Killing Them Softly last night.

I was disappointed to be honest. Had all of the ingredients but none of the execution.

Glad to read something to lower my expectations. I loved chopper and taojjbtcrf. Fingers crossed I can be pleased by it.

Just watched Tombstone for the first time. Great film, really enjoyed it. It was all well cast and excellent performances throughout, but Val Kilmer steals it like. Robbed of a best supporting actor Oscar.

8/10

The Muppets

My Nephew wasn't as into this as me when we watched it at the pictures. I put the DVD on this weekend though and we ened up watching it through twice as well as him insisting that I put the soundtrack on a loop in the car for the 2 hour drive to and from Bellingham. I wasn't complaining either. It is a glorious film that everyone should see. Happy Song is not only one of the best Muppet songs or film songs, but a great song in its own right which I now want played at my wedding but the fiance is refusing to budge on.

The Muppets

My Nephew wasn't as into this as me when we watched it at the pictures. I put the DVD on this weekend though and we ened up watching it through twice as well as him insisting that I put the soundtrack on a loop in the car for the 2 hour drive to and from Bellingham. I wasn't complaining either. It is a glorious film that everyone should see. Happy Song is not only one of the best Muppet songs or film songs, but a great song in its own right which I now want played at my wedding but the fiance is refusing to budge on.

Bret from Flight of the Conchords wrote all the music. Who knew he'd be the best showtunes writer of the 2000s?