Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Didn't laugh once. Anyone else found that Monty Python just isn't as funny as they remember? When I first saw this film as I kid I was in hysterics. :unsure2:

Watched about 15 minutes of the meaning of life the other day and couldn't stop laughing. Particularly the "marching up and down the square".

Laughing just thinking about it tbh.

And that's before we get into the likes of "dad, why don't you just get your knackers cut off....."

Anyway, does this mean your finished with my season review DVD? ;)

The Master will almost certainly be self indulgent, over acted and way too long.

Most critics will fawn and most audiences will leave, scratching their heads.

You going to see it anytime soon? I saw it on Sunday.

Aye, and shock horror, Joaquin Phoenix plays a slightly deranged, socially incompetent, aggressive oddball.

(Both performances are pretty special like tbf, stand out as something that the film got spot on)

Aye, and shock horror, Joaquin Phoenix plays a slightly deranged, socially incompetent, aggressive oddball.

(Both performances are pretty special like tbf, stand out as something that the film got spot on)

Tbf, I like Hoffman but he does tend to play that same part in every film. He's good at it like.

Tbf, I like Hoffman but he does tend to play that same part in every film. He's good at it like.

Yeah, think he finds a good balance to his roles as well, never over plays them but they are always memorable. His role in Talented Mr. Ripley for instance, he isn't in the film a lot but his performance kind of brings a lot of the film together IMO.

Canny harsh like.

He's done confident, loud, normal, fat characters well - Almost Famous, The Boat That Rocked, Moneyball, The Ides of March, Before The Devil knows You're Dead, Punch Drunk Love....

Just that he'll never do anything better than Happiness, where he clearly played himself :D

Watched Little White Lies on Netflix, which I enjoyed. French film, which I think was probably an ensemble cast, cos I recognised a few people on it, about a bunch of friends who go off on holiday together after one of their group has a serious accident. That's about as much of a write-up as I got before watching it, but it's worth a watch.

21 Jump Street as well. I enjoyed it. Totally stupid, but a good watch.

Just went to see End Of Watch. Quite good, entertaining, and then it gets a bit brutal at the end. Sort of chugs along without forcing a plot on you for a while, but seems to work quite well. Gyllenhaal and Pena are pretty funny together in a very typical blokey kind of way.

Watched a film called "13" last neet. What a load of wank, please don't waste 90 minutes of your life. It's about a gambling game, where millionaires turn out in this mansion to bet on people dying. Basically there's 16 blokes who play this game, all skint, while millionaire and billionaires look on having placed seven figure bets on the outcomes and they stand round in a circle with their gun pointed to the back of the head of the person in front. They all get one bullet, and have to spin the cylinder which has 6 bullet slots. When the light turns on they have to pull the trigger, obviously some cark it. That's a brief synopsis. Jason Statham and Ray Winstone are in it, they should be embarrassed by such a shit show. Why is it too, that these yank films nearly always portray the English people in it as cunts? 2/10

Watched a film called "13" last neet. What a load of wank, please don't waste 90 minutes of your life. It's about a gambling game, where millionaires turn out in this mansion to bet on people dying. Basically there's 16 blokes who play this game, all skint, while millionaire and billionaires look on having placed seven figure bets on the outcomes and they stand round in a circle with their gun pointed to the back of the head of the person in front. They all get one bullet, and have to spin the cylinder which has 6 bullet slots. When the light turns on they have to pull the trigger, obviously some cark it. That's a brief synopsis. Jason Statham and Ray Winstone are in it, they should be embarrassed by such a shit show. Why is it too, that these yank films nearly always portray the English people in it as cunts? 2/10

Made me think of Sexy Beast there, except that that is brilliant. (watch it if you havent)

We Were Here. A documentary about the effect of the AIDS outbreak on the San Francisco gay community in the early 80s. Obviously canny sad and it must have been absolutely terrifying while it was going on - young lads just falling inexplicably ill and dying in no time. Worth a watch.