Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

has anyone seen 'W', thinking of giving it a spin?

I did and I enjoyed it, I wouldn't have made it a movie though, a Two Part tv special on HBO would have been poifecto..

I'd watch W and Frost/Nixon back to back if I were you.

Watched Frost/Nixon last night. Reminded me a bit of 24 Hour Party people in that they made the hero out to be Alan Partridge. I know it's a dramatic device so you underestimate him and the tension is built as the interviews keep failing to pin Nixon down, but Sheen's impression of Frost was even more Partridge than Coogan's Tony Wilson.

Fantastic film though. Ron Howard is annoying. He does excellent historical drama like this, Apollo 13 or A Beautiful Mind and then he does utter turd like The Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons.

Got W to watch next. :lol:

State of Play.

Very All The Presidents Men like (only not as good and without such a good cast (although the cast is still rather good)). Thought the ending was a bit much but enjoyed it other then that.

i liked it but the tv series is better :lol:

i want to see inception this weekend but the wife wants to see toy story 2. anyone seen either of these? which is better? i don't mind pixar films - loved up - but always seems a bit of a waste going to the flicks to see what is essentially a kid's film

Dead Snow - a Norwegian comedy horror with nazi zombies. I'm not a 'subtitles' person usually but this wasn't bad, some very silly bits in it.

i want to see inception this weekend but the wife wants to see toy story 2. anyone seen either of these? which is better? i don't mind pixar films - loved up - but always seems a bit of a waste going to the flicks to see what is essentially a kid's film

Inception is getting mixed reviews. Lot's of people salivating over the complexity of it. Lot's of people aying it's only complex if you're 12.

Toy Story 3 is getting raves across the board as far as I've seen. No-one has a bad word for it.

Inception is getting mixed reviews. Lot's of people salivating over the complexity of it. Lot's of people aying it's only complex if you're 12.

Toy Story 3 is getting raves across the board as far as I've seen. No-one has a bad word for it.

I have a bit of a problem with "which is better" they're just about as different as its possible for two maor releases to be, no reason you wouldnt enjoy both without preferring either

seen inception and loved it, not for its complexity (didnt think it was over the top complex for sci fi, no time travel for a start) but because its actually a good film, good characters well acted, pretty basic story behind the dream stuff but its still enjoyable and some absolutely awesome scenes throughout

I have a bit of a problem with "which is better" they're just about as different as its possible for two maor releases to be, no reason you wouldnt enjoy both without preferring either

seen inception and loved it, not for its complexity (didnt think it was over the top complex for sci fi, no time travel for a start) but because its actually a good film, good characters well acted, pretty basic story behind the dream stuff but its still enjoyable and some absolutely awesome scenes throughout

They are both comfortably the best two films I've seen this year. Saw Inception on Friday and Toy Story last night and thoroughly enjoyed both of them. Toy Story is more of the same so if you enjoyed the first two I can't see any reason why you wouldn't enjoy this one.

so was he dreaming or in reality at the end

so was he dreaming or in reality at the end

Reality for me, its one of those old tricks to leave it and get people arguing over it but the top was starting to wobble and slow down, it was falling

Saw a trailer for 'The Human Centipede' today. What kind of fucked up shit is that?!?!? :icon_lol:

Looked it up on Wikipedia. What the fuck??!!! That sounds so utterly fucked up, its wrong.

Get searching on YouTube for the trailer. Tell you what, it's not a film to take any food in with you.... Vomit enducing!

Reading the posts about Inception and with Leanardo de Lovely in it...All the warning signs are there. Surely the last thing you want is this babyface porker with one grimace destroying every carefully crafted scene? He can't do aggressive or angry without me bursting out laughing..He does confused and concerned quite well.

Edited by Park Life

Saw a trailer for 'The Human Centipede' today. What kind of fucked up shit is that?!?!? :icon_lol:

found a screener copy on the web about 6 weeks ago, what can i say about this film!! UURRGGHHHHH just so weird its fookin unreal, tbh i also thought it was shite, but hey i'm no Barry Norman (old skool :icon_lol: )