Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Saw 'Convicted' last Friday. Canny good. I do like Hilary Swank. Anyone recommend some other work of hers apart from BDC ?

Also, the latest De Niro flim with Edward Norton (I'm fucked if I can remember the title). Not bad, but not great. I'm not the greatest Norton fan.

Saw The King's Speech yesterday. 9/10 for me. Don't like H B-C tbh, athough she should take some credit for getting them out a while ago in one of Rik Mayal's (sp) plays the telly did.

Saw 'Convicted' last Friday. Canny good. I do like Hilary Swank. Anyone recommend some other work of hers apart from BDC ?

Also, the latest De Niro flim with Edward Norton (I'm fucked if I can remember the title). Not bad, but not great. I'm not the greatest Norton fan.

Saw The King's Speech yesterday. 9/10 for me. Don't like H B-C tbh, athough she should take some credit for getting them out a while ago in one of Rik Mayal's (sp) plays the telly did.

Insomnia mate is a canny film with Hilary Swank, got Al Pacino in too.

Just saw Togtooth today. Jesus christ ... unsettling and disturbing. I'm not quite sure what to think of Dogtooth.

Not sure what it all means. I don't have anything clever to write here.

Does it make me sick that it made me laugh out loud?

Insomnia mate is a canny film with Hilary Swank, got Al Pacino in too.

Watched it tonight. Canny 6.5/10

True Grit

The original John Wayne, Robert Duvall (and Dennis Hopper version). Much lighter than the Coen's version with a far less cranky, less convincingly alcoholic Rooster. Not as funny in comparison and the ending is horribly saccharine. Not sure how it goes in the book, but I assume it's the Coen way. Enjoyed it though.

I thoroughly enjoyed Gran Torina like.

Just watched Buried. Considering it has one visual actor, it was canny. Canny "oh fuck" moment as well.

Also went to see Yogi Bear, in 3D!. I had my 3 y/o with me so it didnt look too bad. Wasnt great like :D

I thoroughly enjoyed Gran Torina like.

Just watched Buried. Considering it has one visual actor, it was canny. Canny "oh fuck" moment as well.

Also went to see Yogi Bear, in 3D!. I had my 3 y/o with me so it didnt look too bad. Wasnt great like :D

The way you've written that implies that you really wanted to see Yogi so took your child along as cover, rather than you taking them to see a film. :icon_lol:

Saw True Grit on Thursday. 'It's a Coen film, so it will be good." Er, good, but nothing more. I wouldn't advise folk to fork out to see it - wait 'til the dvd comes out.

Saw Black Swan tonight at The Gate. Big mistake. Full of moronic students/kids with their mobiles going all the time. The film itself was turgid.

Saw True Grit on Thursday. 'It's a Coen film, so it will be good." Er, good, but nothing more. I wouldn't advise folk to fork out to see it - wait 'til the dvd comes out.

Saw Black Swan tonight at The Gate. Big mistake. Full of moronic students/kids with their mobiles going all the time. The film itself was turgid.

Did you get your swans neck rubbed in the back row?

Did you get your swans neck rubbed in the back row?

:D