Allan Saint-Maximin

Anorthernsoul

19 minutes ago, Kitman said:

There is a touch of the LM about him

Leazesmag and Nick from Poland’s bastard love child?

We’ve had a few oddballs like this over the years. Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s one them back in a new guise 

• Haha 2

If we all agree he's right do you think he'll fuck off? Tbh I don't even know what his argument is other than it involves ASM as I'm obviously not reading his posts but from the bits I have I think he's lost his argument on the basis of being a bit of a boring cunt. It must be hard to take for the person involved but that's life. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Leazesmag and Nick from Poland’s bastard love child?

We’ve had a few oddballs like this over the years. Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s one them back in a new guise 

He reminds me of someone…..can’t think of a specific social outcast tbh but leave it with me….

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

If we all agree he's right do you think he'll fuck off? Tbh I don't even know what his argument is other than it involves ASM as I'm obviously not reading his posts but from the bits I have I think he's lost his argument on the basis of being a bit of a boring cunt. It must be hard to take for the person involved but that's life. 

That doesnae work with folk like this. They don't want to be right, there's no closure there. They just need to convince themselves that everyone else wrong. 

25 minutes ago, Blastronaut said:

That doesnae work with folk like this. They don't want to be right, there's no closure there. They just need to convince themselves that everyone else wrong. 

You get some people who try to kick off 'debates' or wotnot and they're invariably boring bastards and nobody wants to know. This one seems to fit the bill. (Him not you). :lol:

Edited by Howmanheyman

2 hours ago, Tom said:

We all know @Diego21 is top strimmer round ‘ere when it comes to talking football I’m confused as to why the other lads bother 

Hahahaha

Nooooo. I cannot hide that I am in love with international football, that I have played and been a coach, and that I like this. But the good thing about forums is that everyone participates, knows things, helps, complements each other. Here no one knows more than anyone.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Diego21 said:

Hahahaha

Nooooo. I cannot hide that I am in love with international football, that I have played and been a coach, and that I like this. But the good thing about forums is that everyone participates, knows things, helps, complements each other. Here no one knows more than anyone.

I think you've had a very different experience to Clarko :lol: 

Does speak volumes about the importance of having a bit of humility though.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

You get some people who try to kick off 'debates' or wotnot and they invariably boring bastards and nobody wants to know. 

I feel personally attacked.

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

You get some people who try to kick off 'debates' or wotnot and they invariably boring bastards and nobody wants to know. This one seems to fit the bill. (Him not you). :lol:

He's appeared from nowhere to tell folk that Shelvey is some kind of underrated workhorse and ASM is shite.

He's strikes me as the online equivalent of some loner appearing in my local boozer and shouting "Fuck Henrik Larsson, Shaun Maloney was the unsung hero of that team"

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Blastronaut said:

He's appeared from nowhere to tell folk that Shelvey is some kind of underrated workhorse and ASM is shite.

He's strikes me as the online equivalent of some loner appearing in my local boozer and shouting "Fuck Henrik Larsson, Shaun Maloney was the unsung hero of that team"

My argument was (in general) that Shelvey has been our best central midfielder since he arrived in January 2016 and that Saint-Maximin (in general) is a phenomenal player.

Reading is hard for some people. (Or to be specific, reading is hard for most people on this forum)

Edited by Clarko

10 minutes ago, Clarko said:

My argument was (in general) that Shelvey has been our best central midfielder since he arrived in January 2016 and that Saint-Maximin (in general) is a phenomenal player.

Reading is hard for some people. (Or to be specific, reading is hard for most people on this forum)

Reading your posts is hard work, I’ll give you that 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

15 minutes ago, Clarko said:

Do you think Shelvey was better under Rafa or under Bruce?

Why didn't ASM make the France Euro squad?

Honestly, I'm interested in your thoughts but please bare in mind brevity is king :D

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Clarko said:

Reading is hard for some people.

I dunno, to me it seems more like the issue is nothing to do with the forum being illiterate and everything to do with you being unable to make your point in a rational manner that engages constructive conversation.

• Like 1

Just now, Blastronaut said:

I dunno, to me it seems more like the issue is nothing to do with the forum being illiterate and everything to do with you being unable to make your point in a rational manner that engages constructive conversation.

Really? It has nothing to do with the forum being illiterate? You've just said that you thought I was arguing that Saint-Maximin was "poor"... You say that after I had posted (and explained) three lists ranking him as the 15th, 25th and 21st best player in the three Premier League seasons he's played in. But I'm the problem right? That's my fault that you don't understand that...

1 minute ago, Clarko said:

Really? It has nothing to do with the forum being illiterate? You've just said that you thought I was arguing that Saint-Maximin was "poor"... You say that after I had posted (and explained) three lists ranking him as the 15th, 25th and 21st best player in the three Premier League seasons he's played in. But I'm the problem right? That's my fault that you don't understand that...

And that's the only opinion allowed? We're not allowed to judge by how we feel hes played? That's why I suggested the evidence of our own eyes is as least as important as stats, which you completely misconstrued and misrepresented.  

That's why you're an arsehole mate .....

• Like 1

The world of statistics and football is very complex. It is true that each time, football evolves oriented to Big Data and that clubs invest more in it during the season. But believe me, Big Data has nothing to do with the statistics that we can see on SofaScore, Sqwawka or WhoScored.

Because we can know the successful passes, the dribbles made or the turnovers. But that, without a deep analysis of the environment, doesn't really say anything. What if a player has a high percentage of the pass because he only passes it to his partner at one meter and does not risk it? What if one player dribbles less than another, but he does so in situations and positions where if he loses the ball it is a clear opportunity for the opponent? If we can get the full stats, we have to pay some thousend pounds per year to programs like Opta... And probably It is of little use because the most normal thing is that we do not know how to interpret them. 

I insist, the data is becoming more and more important. And they should not be excluded. But they are data handled by professionals, who always adapt that data to the good of the team, so we have to try to make a mix between data and feelings.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

And that's the only opinion allowed? We're not allowed to judge by how we feel hes played? That's why I suggested the evidence of our own eyes is as least as important as stats, which you completely misconstrued and misrepresented.  

That's why you're an arsehole mate .....

No you're not, because if I see something different to you, who is right? What world do you live in where it's acceptable to say "I'm right because I said so", seriously? It's the exact same thing with the statistics, you say that I misconstrued and misrepresented stats, I say I didn't? Who is right? The burden of proof is on you to provide evidence/reasoning to support your claim. 

Maybe I'll make a phone call to my local police station and state that I saw you commit a serious crime, with no evidence or explanation, I saw it so you did it, and we'll see how that plays out huh? (I hate this)