The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

9 hours ago, Andrew said:

I feel like Lacazette is a busted flush in the PL at this point, would prefer to get players who have demonstrated in some way that they're on the way up than down.

Tarkowski is a good shout and a good player, Lingard proved himself really impressively at West Ham last season, Wijnaldum can get to fuck.

He's definitely gone stale at Arsenal, but there's no doubting his skill as a footballer. His finishing inside the box is ridiculous. In terms of getting players in that will do a job for us for a few seasons I think he could be ideal. There's plenty of time for building a squad for the future, but we really need a short, sharp hit of quality, which is what you can get from players around the 30 mark who have premier league experience. 

Have to cherish watching the likes of Jeff Hendricks sprinting around, won’t see many games from that calibre player, the mackems reckon it’s way better watching lads like that busting a gut playing for the badge than watching genuine world class players. It’s going to be a tough slog, but I suppose someone has to do it. 

Just now, Howay said:

Have to cherish watching the likes of Jeff Hendricks sprinting around, won’t see many games from that calibre player, the mackems reckon it’s way better watching lads like that busting a gut playing for the badge than watching genuine world class players. It’s going to be a tough slog, but I suppose someone has to do it. 

I’d agree if they were busting a gut instead of mincing around like Hendrick 

• Haha 3

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

I’d agree if they were busting a gut instead of mincing around like Hendrick 

:lol: Adds to the ridiculousness of their point tbh, as if the players they’re holding up as playing for the badge wouldn’t run off as fast as they can if offered more money or a higher level. 

14 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: Adds to the ridiculousness of their point tbh, as if the players they’re holding up as playing for the badge wouldn’t run off as fast as they can if offered more money or a higher level. 

What absolute nonsense. 
HdTPb6EA_400x400.jpg

No Mackem player, especially not a local lad, would do that to the classiest club in monkwearmouth. 
955177550.jpg.0.jpg

… according to the Mackem at work. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Howay said:

Imagine at some point in the near future there's going to be genuinely talented footballers like Coutinho sitting beside Hendrick and Krafth.

• Haha 2

I really liked watching Werner that last season at RBL, expected him to be a real hit at Chelsea.

Despite his struggles I'd love him here...but that goes without saying considering hes a class or two above where we've shopped for over a decade :lol:

57 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I really liked watching Werner that last season at RBL, expected him to be a real hit at Chelsea.

Despite his struggles I'd love him here...but that goes without saying considering hes a class or two above where we've shopped for over a decade :lol:

He has spells where he is absolutely awful in front of the goal but then can go on an extended scoring run.

He missed a lot easy chances for Germany recently until he scored two good ones the other day.

• Tom locked this topic