The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

Chris Waugh reporting it now too. Seems the offer has def gone in, just waiting for a response from Lyon. 

And we know what a lovely bunch the French clubs are to deal with. This should be a piece of piss. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Check that Guardian link, it's Romano writing for them. 

THE MAN FROM ROMANO...... HE SAY "YES!" 

He was reporting about bids for other players, too. Didn’t stop him to go full Carol Beer later.

Did Man Utd raise the loan fee for Lingard at the last minute or what? This seemed doable, unless they asked for something silly at the last minute its worrying that we've failed here as well. 

18 minutes ago, The Mighty Hog said:

Reading the Twitter threads it seemed like Man Utd won't budge from the £10 million loan fee for him and we offered about £6 million.

I'm all for telling the likes of Sevilla to go screw themselves but giving up on Lingard over 4M would just be stubbornness imo. He's someone who could make a significant contribution in saving our season. 

Depends if we have other attainable targets, I feel like the 4 million isnt the point, more the piss taking.

I reckon thats also why we've stepped away from as many transfers as we have this month, teams upping their asking prices late in the day, knowing that we "have the money" to spend.

Assuming it pays off and we don't get relegated it does put us in a better place in summer as we will have shown that we'll not be taken advantage of.

• Like 1

Yeah it’s reasonable of these owners to refuse to have their pants pulled down, now they have walked away from deals on Botman and Carlos other clubs will know there’s a risk of pushing the price to far and watching us fuck off and give someone else our money.

Well I hope so anyway. 

Guimaraes's reps refused to comment when asked if their client would be interested in a move to us. So one way of interpreting silence is that there's something in it and he's interested, because the normal response if a move was out of the question would be a quick not interested. Of course Guimaraes could just be using us to push the other clubs interested in him to act. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

*Cough* £25m on Wood *cough*

I reckon the idea that we overpaid on that deal has been blown massively out of proportion, signing a reliable, PL experienced target man in the timeframe we did, while directly weakening one of our relegation rivals is worth more than that fee.

Leeds paid that much for Daniel fucking James, Leicester paid it for Islam Slimani.

• Like 2

Newcastle United join transfer race for Nottingham Forest star as ‘bid increased’ - Nottinghamshire Live (nottinghampost.com)

We're supposedly competing with Brentford for a young Welsh attacking mid off Forest. Wales have produced at least a handful of very good players over the last couple of decades, so Johnson could potentially be another Ramsey or Bale.  

• Tom locked this topic