The new manager thread

Polarboy

3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Arse dropped out then 

My worry here is that it’s more leaking and an attempt to save face. If it is that they seriously need to pack in leaking what’s going on. 

• Like 2

It's what I thought, I don't think we would have expressed confidence that he was on his way here unless he had given some indication that he was on board. Emery's a good manager, but you would have to question his character. He should just have politely turned us down after hearing our proposal if he had doubts. Seems like he accepted the job, then bottled it when he came under pressure at home. 

I also came across reports that some players were ridiculing Emery in his latter days at Arsenal, I did wonder how he would hold up here under the spotlight. He apparently used to ask players opinions on what was going wrong. Seems like he might be a bit of a fanny in retrospect, might have dodged a bullet. 

26 minutes ago, Howay said:

My worry here is that it’s more leaking and an attempt to save face. If it is that they seriously need to pack in leaking what’s going on. 

I agree. Even if it’s true, stfu about it. There’s nothing to be gained from leaking the club’s side of the story here. Get the appointment made then release it officially. 

• Like 5

What's the bet that Jones plays the exact same team as the last two games on Saturday, given he'll very likely be in charge. The men in white coats should be called if he does, given he'll have qualified for insanity. Maybe Howe will be in place before then, but I can't see him making major changes given how little time he'll have with the players, so he'll likely let Jones take the lead more or less and be on a watching brief. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Alex said:

I agree. Even if it’s true, stfu about it. There’s nothing to be gained from leaking the club’s side of the story here. Get the appointment made then release it officially. 

Completely this.

53 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Arse dropped out then 

Thing is though - If he’d all but said yes then decided, for whatever reasons, it wasn’t right for him then he’s done the honourable thing. It’s the opposite of what a mercenary would do and I respect that. Loads of people would’ve gone against their instincts and just thought - if it goes wrong at least I’ll have made a fortune 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Alex said:

Unless it's a precursor to... so on that note here's Eddie Howe

• Haha 2

Aye I think Eddie Howe could simply be the worst statement of intent they could possibly make.

Well other than not booting the cabbage on day one, which of course actually did happen, really did happen.

• Like 1

Whatever happens, I've never had so many posts to catch up on between shite match thread titles. You'd barely be able to find three posts midweek never mind three of four pages in one thread. We have truly hit the big time boys! (Aside from the fact we still look a shower to everyone else)

• Haha 7

And all this talk about how much we are going to spend in January or the summer…. Where does this belief come from? Coz the new owners are rich? Mike Ashley was fairly fucking rich compared to some far healthier spenders ffs.

My mate Steve is the wealthiest bastard I know yet his fridge is always empty, never has the heating on (hoose is Baltic), has a bus pass (free travel), still wears clothes he bought 20, 30 years ago “still in good nick mate”. Yet the daft get will happily drop £250 quid on a new shirt he wont ever wear, or pay £100 for a toaster coz its an investment and “err makes nice toast”.

Wealthy fuckers ay?

5 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Whatever happens, I've never had so many posts to catch up on between shite match thread titles. You'd barely be able to find three posts midweek never mind three of four pages in one thread. We have truly hit the big time boys! (Aside from the fact we still look a shower to everyone else)

It's that age old adage: Everyone wants the big time until the realise it means having to deal with Stirling Albion's fans advising you on your business when your trying to have a day off and enjoy watching Ajax pump Dortmund.

4 minutes ago, Dougle said:

And all this talk about how much we are going to spend in January or the summer…. Where does this belief come from? Coz the new owners are rich? Mike Ashley was fairly fucking rich compared to some far healthier spenders ffs.

My mate Steve is the wealthiest bastard I know yet his fridge is always empty, never has the heating on (hoose is Baltic), has a bus pass (free travel), still wears clothes he bought 20, 30 years ago “still in good nick mate”. Yet the daft get will happily drop £250 quid on a new shirt he wont ever wear, or pay £100 for a toaster coz its an investment and “err makes nice toast”.

Wealthy fuckers ay?

Can’t remember who it was but someone on here bought a glass toaster. Sounds like something from a Zamyatin novel :lol: 

• Haha 2

• Polarboy changed the title to Who do you want as the next manager? Howe, for now.
  • Meenzer changed the title to The new manager thread