Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

The ideal scenario would be getting Gallagher on loan, Paqueta staying put, and then us going back in and getting him for a decent price in a future window. Isak, Pedro and Gallagher would be a ludicrous end to the window. 

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

I was stuck in a traffic jam on the way home so had a quick look in here - handbrake on, engine off, don't @ me it was all perfectly safe.

Anyway I pressed play on this and the fucking traffic started moving so I dropped my phone back on the passenger seat. Phone is plugged in to the car so I had to listen to that 2 second clip on a loop for easily the next 90 seconds until we stopped again. :lol:

Was driving along giggling to myself. If anything it's just made me a bigger Pearson fan. 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Honestly, Paqueta has been for sale for weeks.  With the Bruno connection surly that gave us inside knowledge and some advantage.  If we don't get him, IMO it's down to Eddie not fancying him.

I don't think it necessarily means he doesn't fancy him, it could be a number of things. Chiefly among those things would be the striking position being top of the list of priorities. If Lyon actually still want over 50m then maybe that is too rich for us in one window having had a 60m bid accepted. 

• Like 2

Pope

(Dubs)

Trippier                Botman          Burn                 Targett

(Krafth)                 (Schar)        (Dummett)           (Lewis)

Bruno

(Ciggy)

Gallagher                         Joelinton

(Willock)                          (Anderson)

Pedro                                                                    ASM

(Miggy)                                                              (Murphy)

Wilson

(Isak)

Obviously speculative, but based on who we're being strongly linked with. Apart from Murphy, and maybe Lewis depending on how he comes back from his injury, that's a very strong starting 11 and back up. 

Edited by Polarboy

9 minutes ago, NJS said:

Doesn't this mean we've spent just about what according to Edwardes is the entire summer budget on one player? 

any tiny little shreds of credibility edwards thought he might have, have been well and truly blown away.

if the cunt any semblance of self respect he'd fuck off, but like his mate bruce, he has none at all.

• Like 1

On 12/07/2022 at 18:06, Diego21 said:

This year Isak has been tremendously bad.

But I think he has the potential to be a great player. He is very good at footwork, he is very intelligent, he has very good actions. However, I have my doubts that he can carry the weight of the goal alone. He misses a lot of very clear chances.

Instead, he is still 22 years old and he can still improve that facet.

I don't think that today he is a 50 million player. If we could get it out for 30 I would see it as more suitable.

Isak is not my favorite for us because the style, but I admit that he would not be bad, that he could play very well in pairs with Wilson, although it would raise doubts if he played alone up front (which I imagine is what Howe would look for).

Real Sociedad is a team that does not let its players go easy.

Doing some research on Isak and come across this from last month. Is Isak therefore potential for the future or do we think Eddie is going to change to a two up front.

Can he fit a different position or is he likely to be used as a sub.

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

Doing some research on Isak and come across this from last month. Is Isak therefore potential for the future or do we think Eddie is going to change to a two up front.

Can he fit a different position or is he likely to be used as a sub.

Whatever is the correct decision, that will be the one that Howe makes. 

• Like 2

@Christmas Tree

It's something I've been thinking about all day. And honestly, I think we're going to look at all the options.

To begin with, I think the signing is rushed and is done in such amounts due to Wilson's injury on Sunday and because it is obvious that it is impossible to think about him all season.

This is important to know about Wilson.

23 games injured in 21-22
12 games injured in 20-21
11 games injured in 18-19
25 games injured in 16-17
30 games injured in 15-16

That is to say, of the last 7 seasons, only in two has it been able to have continuity.

We don't know what injury he has now. Maybe two weeks, maybe two months. That can condition everything... And if Isak enters the team with a good performance, perhaps there will be no more debate.

But thinking about both Wilson and Isak being healthy. What I think is going to happen is that Isak will gradually move into Wilson's position until he becomes the starter. Maybe this year, all things being equal, Wilson will play.

But I think there is a very possible option and he goes through playing with two up and moving ASM away from the band. That is, make a strong midfield made up of Bruno, Joelinton and another between Almirón and Willock, put ASM ahead of them, and have Wilson and Isak play together up front.

The last one, without a doubt, is that Isak plays wide in the same system we are in, and that the one who lost the place would surely be Almirón (or Willock, with Almirón going to play in the middle).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

@Christmas Tree

It's something I've been thinking about all day. And honestly, I think we're going to look at all the options.

To begin with, I think the signing is rushed and is done in such amounts due to Wilson's injury on Sunday and because it is obvious that it is impossible to think about him all season.

This is important to know about Wilson.

23 games injured in 21-22
12 games injured in 20-21
11 games injured in 18-19
25 games injured in 16-17
30 games injured in 15-16

That is to say, of the last 7 seasons, only in two has it been able to have continuity.

We don't know what injury he has now. Maybe two weeks, maybe two months. That can condition everything... And if Isak enters the team with a good performance, perhaps there will be no more debate.

But thinking about both Wilson and Isak being healthy. What I think is going to happen is that Isak will gradually move into Wilson's position until he becomes the starter. Maybe this year, all things being equal, Wilson will play.

But I think there is a very possible option and he goes through playing with two up and moving ASM away from the band. That is, make a strong midfield made up of Bruno, Joelinton and another between Almirón and Willock, put ASM ahead of them, and have Wilson and Isak play together up front.

The last one, without a doubt, is that Isak plays wide in the same system we are in, and that the one who lost the place would surely be Almirón (or Willock, with Almirón going to play in the middle).

Cheers Diego 👍

If we see Isak and Wilson together, this is what I see happening. As you can see, there is very little variation, so it is possible that with the same players we can see both schemes even in the same match.

847765866_Screenshot(2).png.3b83cb94fbd2012fdf8b2508a8d6077a.png679709726_Screenshot(1).png.7ea9aac807e562f140412c046b175b5a.png

• Like 2

Comparing him to Ross Stewart ... oh my fucking lord! :lol:

I seem to remember they had similar opinions of Cisse when he chose us over them. Utter morons, we are so 'rent free' in their heads it's unreal.

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season