Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

If we are after Harrison, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him play on the right hand side tbh. Mainly left footed I think so could do the cutting in thing that most modern wingers seem to do. 

That way we could keep Max and he can keep parking wrong

• Haha 2

😂I think some people are unaware of the full story. Maxi didn't just park in an awkward place, he parked in one of the two only reserved parking spaces next to the training ground doors, that are reserved for the manager and club captain. It's not just a case of a minor inconvenience, he's taking the piss out of Howe and Lascelles. Probably not the biggest deal in the grand scheme of things, but it's still an oddly disrespectful thing to do, assuming he's aware that those spots are reserved for the aforementioned. 

Edited by Polarboy

9 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

😂I think some people are unaware of the full story. Maxi didn't just park in an awkward place, he parked in one of the two only reserved parking spaces next to the training ground doors, that are reserved for the manager and club captain. It's not just a case of a minor inconvenience, he's taking the piss out of the Howe and Lascelles. Probably not the biggest deal in the grand scheme of things, but it's still an oddly disrespectful thing to do, assuming he's aware that those spots are reserved for the aforementioned. 

His parking results would be much better if he had a better club captain.

1 hour ago, Polarboy said:

They can fuck right off for 35m+. I've also heard that Harrison has a poor attitude and wears flash gear. 

clutch city lol GIF by NBA

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Where has this parking crack come from? :lol: Could have done it as a wind-up

Howe's on record saying he'd have a word with him about it, so it appears it wasn't just a prank. 

He could also, and I’m not claiming to be ITK, be a thick cunt and just shot his car wherever is free. 

If Howe wants rid then fair enough he’s earned the right, but Max is still one of our best players in my eyes and it would be mad to jettison him at the point we are adding better players to play with into the team

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, strawb said:

He could also, and I’m not claiming to be ITK, be a thick cunt and just shot his car wherever is free. 

If Howe wants rid then fair enough he’s earned the right, but Max is still one of our best players in my eyes and it would be mad to jettison him at the point we are adding better players to play with into the team

Agree with all of this, but what if ASM isn't up to the standard they want?  His lack of defensive input drives me nuts.

23 minutes ago, tooner said:

Agree with all of this, but what if ASM isn't up to the standard they want?  His lack of defensive input drives me nuts.

If he's not up to the standard they want then there's no way Almiron, Frazer and Murphy are.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, David Kelly said:

If he's not up to the standard they want then there's no way Almiron, Frazer and Murphy are.

Fair point, but they work their asses off to get possession back 

3 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

I'd work my arse off but I'm not a premier league standard footballer either.

is it better to have an improvement on ASM's defensive frailty, or improve the lack of finishing from the other 3 (MA, RF, JM) same # of (5) goals and (5)assists produced by each side of the equation there.

1 hour ago, tooner said:

Literally says in my post, “if Howe wants rid then fair enough, he’s earned the right”.

Not sure how clearer I can make it if I’m honest mush

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, strawb said:

Literally says in my post, “if Howe wants rid then fair enough, he’s earned the right”.

Not sure how clearer I can make it if I’m honest mush from Shepherd's Bush.....bush, bush, bush, bush, bush, bush, bush, no income tax, no guarantee etc, etc 

OFAHYP 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, strawb said:

Not sure how clearer I can make it if I’m honest mush

you ok? thought this was footy message board, i wasn't disagreeing with you, was just entering the conversation.

Edwards having a normal one by contradicting himself in the same thread of tweets. And what exactly has golf, which has an entirely different set of rules regarding spending got to do with anything. I'd say he was just trying to wind up fans for clicks, but I really don't think he's even savvy enough to do that intentionally. And of course this is coming from the guy who's all summer been telling us that we can't over spend because of FFP. 

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 2

That's a train wreck of a thread for Johnnny Nobody let alone for an alleged journalist.

🤦‍♂️

10 minutes ago, tooner said:

you ok? thought this was footy message board, i wasn't disagreeing with you, was just entering the conversation.

Yeah I’m fine cheers. Correct, it is a footy message board.

Not arguing either, you asked me a question I had already answered mate haha

Newcastle given Memphis Depay green light | FootballFanCast.com

Sport the Spanish football paper, so perhaps Diego can tell us how reliable it is, are saying that Barca are willing to sell Depay for 17m, and we are interested in putting in a bid. We just have to convince Depay who's apparently already turned down Spurs for sporting reasons. The article assumes that Depay didn't want to be a squad player at Spurs. Again as I said earlier I would assume that Depay's wages would be prohibitive, but perhaps I'm wrong. 

Agree with Strawb on the topic of selling ASM, I’ve mentioned how frustrating I find ASM but as things stand he’s probably our best attacker (Wilson would be the other contender with everyone else miles behind). We’d then have to buy a LW, RW and possibly backup striker. 

I will say mind, if we could sell him for some high fee like £50m we’d be bonkers not to take it. It gives us a massive boost in terms of FFP as that whole £50m is captured in this year, with any player we buy having fees and wages spread over their contract. 

• Like 2

With regards to us not going out and spending daft money, is it not sensible to spend a season establishing some foundations and sorting the total mess we’ve inherited out? Do that in the background and finish top half and you’re in a fantastic place going into 23/24

• Like 3

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season