Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

:lol: Surely they’re in violation of FFP soon, otherwise why even discuss it in the context of NUFC? Between this signing, Badashielle, and the two youth players they’ll be close to £500m in 6 months, and that’s with the expensive signings of Havertz, Lukaku, etc in the same 3 year period. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RobElliott said:

Seeing some chat this morning that Fraser is looking away back down south to Southampton / Brentford. Would be a good move for all parties methinks.

Still think Murphy for all his limitations is a better option at the minute.

I agree with the last point, but only because he is rarely injured.  There is no way going forward that Eddie should be having to look at the bench and think that Murphy is the answer.

• Like 1

Hi, guys. I'm brazillian and have been really interested in Newcastle. At first, I was watching because of Bruno Guimarães, but the renaissance led by Howe at St James Park really got my heart.

My take on who Newcastle should sign is -

1) Tielemans - Right Center MF - Leicester/Free Agent

I think he should be the priority right now. Newcastle can offer him something Arsenal can't - a starting position in the lineup. Also, he absolutely fits in Howe's system. His crosses make a lot of sense if you consider Isak's aerial plays and Saint Maximin running on the wing. With Trippier already being a threat from there, Tielemans would make such dangerous crosses almost impossible to stop.

Also, a lot of potential for Joelinton infiltrations on the box.

Tielemans would also come almost for free and could help NUFC to land the CL spot.

2) Marcel Sabitzer - Right Center MF - Bayern Munchen

Sabitzer has been playing as a box-to-box midfielder on the left side in Nagelsmann squad to better accomodate Kimmich and Muller. But he really made his name playing on the RCMF position in the RB Leipzig.

At Bayern, he has been in a positional struggle competition with Goretzka and Gravenberch. 

I think he could offer the same qualities Tielemans bring. He wouldn't be as technical, but would bring a little bit more of phisicality.

3) Milinkovic-Savic - Right Center MF (Mezzala Destra) - Lazio

To be very honest, SMS would be the best option for Newcastle. But he still have a year and half left on his deal and is a really important player for Lazio. He would cost way more than Tielemans or Sabitzer. Só the cost-benefit wouldn't be so good.

In the end, I think Newcastle should sign one of those three in january if we want to compete for a CL spot.

4) Nikola Milenkovic - Centerback - Fiorentina

This guy is really good. Tall, stong, can create plays from behind. He's the probable substitute to Milan Skriniar at Inter Milan. He would be a steal and guarantee the solid state of NUFC defense.

I do see an amazing potential for a Botman-Milenkovic or Schar-Milenkovic centerback duo. Defense has been our greatest asset and a young qualified players who would come for a nice price would be really good.

5) Juranovic - Rightback - Celtic

Juranovic did an amazing World Cup. Destroyed Brazil in the process. Was in the team of the tournament in Scotland and would probably come for a fee between 8-15 mi, if the reports are true.

He would be the perfect player to assure NUFC of a solid RB even if something happens to Trippier.

6) Claudinho - Attacking Midfielder - Zenit

You heard from me first. This guy has prime Coutinho level skills. Look at his match against Chelsea in the Champions League, his 2021 Olympics or his time in RB Bragantino when he was playing in Brazil.

Would bring better football than Paquetá - who's a little bit overhyped because he was a kid star from Brazil's biggest football club, Flamengo - and would cost way less.

Basically, a Coutinho without the pedigree of coming from a big football club.

If Newcastle could make this signings, I think they could land Tielemans, Claudinho, Juranovic and Milenkovic for something between £ 60-80 mi in the january transfer window.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

You'd think that, but that's only because you haven't seen my completely hairless tackle. 

That would be a dangerous shave, how could you tell which was the "pube" not to cut ?

• Haha 9

6 hours ago, Craig said:

This wouldn't surprise me at all. I'm sure the club knows nothing about it but the clause may be there. Ronaldo is so vain that he probably thinks we'd be desperate to take him on loan while I'm sure no one at the club would have any intention of bringing him in.

• Like 3

Should we not be looking to pull out all the stops to sign Ross (Rossaldo) Stewart to lead the line for us? I know we aren't the best team in the North East but we can try surely?

Can't say much for Dan Ashworth if he is passing up the chance for us to splash the cash.

:lol:

Had the same thought that the clause has probably been entered without our knowledge. He's probably also the contracted nomination as humankind's representative should we discover alien life in our galaxy in the next two years of his Al-Nassr contract.

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, RobElliott said:

Should we not be looking to pull out all the stops to sign Ross (Rossaldo) Stewart to lead the line for us? I know we aren't the best team in the North East but we can try surely?

Can't say much for Dan Ashworth if he is passing up the chance for us to splash the cash.

Him and Ronaldo can be cover for Chris Wood 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, BrazilGuy said:

Hi, guys. I'm brazillian and have been really interested in Newcastle. At first, I was watching because of Bruno Guimarães, but the renaissance led by Howe at St James Park really got my heart.

My take on who Newcastle should sign is -

1) Tielemans - Right Center MF - Leicester/Free Agent

I think he should be the priority right now. Newcastle can offer him something Arsenal can't - a starting position in the lineup. Also, he absolutely fits in Howe's system. His crosses make a lot of sense if you consider Isak's aerial plays and Saint Maximin running on the wing. With Trippier already being a threat from there, Tielemans would make such dangerous crosses almost impossible to stop.

Also, a lot of potential for Joelinton infiltrations on the box.

Tielemans would also come almost for free and could help NUFC to land the CL spot.

2) Marcel Sabitzer - Right Center MF - Bayern Munchen

Sabitzer has been playing as a box-to-box midfielder on the left side in Nagelsmann squad to better accomodate Kimmich and Muller. But he really made his name playing on the RCMF position in the RB Leipzig.

At Bayern, he has been in a positional struggle competition with Goretzka and Gravenberch. 

I think he could offer the same qualities Tielemans bring. He wouldn't be as technical, but would bring a little bit more of phisicality.

3) Milinkovic-Savic - Right Center MF (Mezzala Destra) - Lazio

To be very honest, SMS would be the best option for Newcastle. But he still have a year and half left on his deal and is a really important player for Lazio. He would cost way more than Tielemans or Sabitzer. Só the cost-benefit wouldn't be so good.

In the end, I think Newcastle should sign one of those three in january if we want to compete for a CL spot.

4) Nikola Milenkovic - Centerback - Fiorentina

This guy is really good. Tall, stong, can create plays from behind. He's the probable substitute to Milan Skriniar at Inter Milan. He would be a steal and guarantee the solid state of NUFC defense.

I do see an amazing potential for a Botman-Milenkovic or Schar-Milenkovic centerback duo. Defense has been our greatest asset and a young qualified players who would come for a nice price would be really good.

5) Juranovic - Rightback - Celtic

Juranovic did an amazing World Cup. Destroyed Brazil in the process. Was in the team of the tournament in Scotland and would probably come for a fee between 8-15 mi, if the reports are true.

He would be the perfect player to assure NUFC of a solid RB even if something happens to Trippier.

6) Claudinho - Attacking Midfielder - Zenit

You heard from me first. This guy has prime Coutinho level skills. Look at his match against Chelsea in the Champions League, his 2021 Olympics or his time in RB Bragantino when he was playing in Brazil.

Would bring better football than Paquetá - who's a little bit overhyped because he was a kid star from Brazil's biggest football club, Flamengo - and would cost way less.

Basically, a Coutinho without the pedigree of coming from a big football club.

If Newcastle could make this signings, I think they could land Tielemans, Claudinho, Juranovic and Milenkovic for something between £ 60-80 mi in the january transfer window.

Do you know much about Matheus Franca and  Andrey Santos?

I know we've been linked with both of them. 

3 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

Fish concerned by another expert turning up with player stats 🙂 

Fish is concerned by seeing RobinRobin unable to tell the difference between stats and opinions.

• Haha 1

I see we’ve been linked with some young DM from Boca.

Know nowt about him but confess I like the sound of technically gifted but nasty as fuck Argentinian patrolling the middle of the park like a pitbull.

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season