Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

Craig Hope now saying the Kuol to Hearts loan deal is done. Dunno who or how reliable Hope is, but if it happens I honestly don't think it will be a bad move for him, and it's only 6 months. 

Don't massively rate the current Hearts manager (and the Brora Rangers cup result was fucking hilarious) but their recent transfer policy has been on the money and worked well for them compared to their Edinburgh rivals. Might even go as far as saying it's been better than Rangers (and I'm not just referencing Snoddy, but there is that).

Plus it's Edinburgh. Cunt can practically commute.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

We need a number 6 and a striker tbh.  We also need better strength in depth.

Is Bellingham a summer transfer for yo?

100%

When was the last time we had a thoroughly decent/reliable one?

Edited by Dougle

2 minutes ago, Howay said:

Ah well, that’s that. Btw he has his usual massive caveat in the comments by basically saying “they might make some unexpected moves in the last 10 days” :lol:

3 signings in then. Mint 

• Haha 5

If we didn't get European football next season but we still improved our squad and continued our projection I'll be happy with that. 

Sure Europe would be mint. But not at the detriment of the league. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Hope is v reliable re Newcastle, so that'll be right. 

Well if Kuol is as promising as it sounds, Hearts are almost nailed on for top four.

He'll be fine up here, Snoddy will keep him off the deep fried mars bars and pizza crunch and worst hatchet job up here he won't face until April. Not a Hearts fan by any stretch but they seem to have their shit together lately with transfers.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

I hope he has at least one of those breakfasts that come in pizza boxes. 

I've lived here for nearly 40 years and never been served my morning whisky in a pizza box. Now I feel like I've been missing out.

• Haha 4

I was in a whiskey shop in Inveraray a few years ago perusing their various wares and picked one off the shelf that had essentially a numbered, signed white label on it. I asked about it and the wifey with a totally normal tone replied that it was very raisiny and a perfect breakfast whisky.

I bought it.

Edited by Dougle
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Dougle said:

I was in a whiskey shop in Inveraray a few years ago perusing there various wares and picked one off the shelf that had essentially a numbered, signed white label on it. I asked about it and the wifey with a totally normal tone replied that it was very raisiny and a perfect breakfast whisky.

I bought it.

Sounds fairly typical, especially for that neck of the woods. 

Just for clarity, while I probably do have a pretty unhealthy relationship with alcohol I only drink at breakfast on very special occasions. Birthdays, Christmas, cars in for for expensive repairs, severe hangovers etc.

Since I had kids the bulk of my drinking is done at night.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

We need a number 6 and a striker tbh.  We also need better strength in depth.

Is Bellingham a summer transfer for yo?

i think so. 

supposedly his dad prefers liverpool though. but regardless i guess bellingham will decide for himself

4 hours ago, Dougle said:

I was in a whiskey shop in Inveraray a few years ago perusing their various wares and picked one off the shelf that had essentially a numbered, signed white label on it. I asked about it and the wifey with a totally normal tone replied that it was very raisiny and a perfect breakfast whisky.

I bought it.

Was it?

12 hours ago, Howay said:

Ah well, that’s that. Btw he has his usual massive caveat in the comments by basically saying “they might make some unexpected moves in the last 10 days” :lol:

hasn’t he pretty much said we we’d barely spend any money in every window so far because of FFP only for us to eventually spunk about twice what he was predicting?

More of the same please, Luke. I feel like  chicken tonight 

• Haha 2

No idea how much we actually can spend but, given our current league position, you'd expect the owners would want to try to get a player or two in to maintain that rather than not spend anything and risk the remainder of the season.  Not only is the £2.2mil per position an incentive but our current position would attract a higher calibre of player too.

Edwards reckoned the club thanked him in the past window for lowering expectations. Even if that were true (seems unlikely tbh) you’re talking about a journalist bragging because he was fed duff info which he then put into his articles. He’s a strange one like 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, MrBass said:

No idea how much we actually can spend but, given our current league position, you'd expect the owners would want to try to get a player or two in to maintain that rather than not spend anything and risk the remainder of the season.  Not only is the £2.2mil per position an incentive but our current position would attract a higher calibre of player too.

It's that slightly poisoned chalice of Champions League qualification versus Europa and Conference League. All may increase the appeal to players to some degree but only one gives you any noteable financial ability to put that appeal to work.

Winning the Europa only nets around 8-9M Euro, runner up about half that. Just making the group stage of champions league will net you a minimum of double the winner of the Europa. Then each win adds approx 3M Euro (1M for a draw).

If we make the Europa or Conference it's hard to see a scenario where that doesn't have a negative impact on our league campaign. If we make the champions league it will too, but we'll at least be able to bring in some quality players with the guaranteed prize money and exposure.

• Like 2

I've no doubt that our unexpectedly good performance in the league, coupled with our piss-poor FA Cup performance will alter the boardroom plans. If Al-Rumayyan comes to town he'll probably loosen the purse strings again.

I want ultra hipster signings. like Franca, Perrone etc.

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season