Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

58 minutes ago, NJS said:

That Exile fucker off the SMB reckons Maddison went to Spurs because he doesn't want to play for murderers. 

I'm guessing Maddison is as blissfully ignorant of geopolitics as Exile was before we were bought. 

As Exile is now 👍🏻

• Like 2

I was alll for Maddisson in January but started having doubts after the spineless manner of Leceister's demise and his apparent lack of cojones. So he should fit in well at Spurs. Don't doubt his quality in attack but you need more to be an Eddie Howe player. 

I still think we need someone to add creative flair, especially as many more teams will setup defensively against us next season. Whether that's Szboslai (I'll learn the exact spelling if we sign him) or someone else let's see. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I feel for the lass. She's clueless and a bit of a knob by all accounts. But Merson and the likes spout equally as much shite and get away with it because they're not female or black 

I'm not sure Merson is the best comparison given he gets dogs abuse and called a coke head, gambling addict every time he says something stupid, or maybe that's just me who says that 🤷‍♂️ 

20 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

I'm not sure Merson is the best comparison given he gets dogs abuse and called a coke head, gambling addict every time he says something stupid, or maybe that's just me who says that 🤷‍♂️ 

Not by ex pros like Darren Huckerby and Paddy Kenny he doesn't, and they've been piling on Aluko this week 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Not by ex pros like Darren Huckerby and Paddy Kenny he doesn't, and they've been piling on Aluko this week 

I'm sure she did get actual racist abuse in the wake of her comments which is obviously unacceptable, but I think you're on shaky ground attributing racism and sexism to individuals like Huckerby and Kenny merely because they both criticised her, if indeed that's what you are implying. Of course if they both only ever criticise female and or non-white pundits that's obviously more than a little fishy, but I haven't seen any evidence of that. It's also likely the case that male footballers would be less likely to take the piss out of another male footballer, ex or otherwise, because they might be friendly, or the friend of a friend, as opposed to any racist or sexist thoughts going through their heads. 

Edited by Polarboy

Most likely nothing in it, but I've seen Mohammed Kudus' name mentioned for us. Brighton are supposed to be in talks for him, but if we moved we could put a very tempting offer on the table for him. 40m is the price apparently so probably doable for us. He's the right profile, as in a versatile attacker, given he's an attacking mid who can also play out wide and as a forward. 

1 hour ago, Polarboy said:

I'm sure she did get actual racist abuse in the wake of her comments which is obviously unacceptable, but I think you're on shaky ground attributing racism and sexism to individuals like Huckerby and Kenny merely because they both criticised her, if indeed that's what you are implying. Of course if they both only ever criticise female and or non-white pundits that's obviously more than a little fishy, but I haven't seen any evidence of that. It's also likely the case that male footballers would be less likely to take the piss out of another male footballer, ex or otherwise, because they might be friendly, or the friend of a friend, as opposed to any racist or sexist thoughts going through their heads. 

I think you're spectacularly missing the point tbh 👍

11 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Another one out. Still got Lewis, Krafth, Fraser, Hendrick, Hayden, Lascelles, and 2 of our GKs to move on

Sounds like lascelles could be speaking to west ham

Surely that means incoming defenders? 

Maddison (or his bird) has agreed terms with Spurs so will finally put to rest the links with us.

He never really seemed to put a shift in and when I saw how poor we looked when Longstaff wasn't playing who had put in more hard yards that everyone else I wasn't too keen on having him.

I'm very impressed by what I have seen from Tonali on the YouTubes and hopefully we will have another CM, pivot, low blocking 6, 8, 7.2, ball bag or whatever the feck it's called these days soon.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Maddison just looks like a Spurs player to me. I can't define what that is, and he's plainly a good player, but I suspect he wouldn't have thrived in black and white.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kitman said:

Maddison just looks like a Spurs player to me. I can't define what that is, and he's plainly a good player, but I suspect he wouldn't have thrived in black and white.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RobinRobin said:

Serves Leicester right that they only got 40m for Maddison - although I would have preferred it if Levy had to pay a significant fortune more. :smile:

Its not even that, theyre signing Winks for 10.

He went for 30 million and harry fucking winks in the end :lol:

• Haha 4

The amount of sub-par spurs midfielders over the years that have got England caps, man.

Harry Winks, jake Livermore, Ryan Mason…

No doubt Skipp will get one if he ever has three good games in a row. 

and that’s not including the defenders. Michael Dawson, Anthony Gardner and Steve Caulker.

all absolute dross 

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Polarboy said:

It should be easy to explain the point I'm missing then. 

I think it’s unlikely they’d have been as critical of a male ex-pro pundit. Even one who basically makes a living out of spouting absolute fucking shite (a la Merson). So it probably boils down to prejudice. Which doesn’t really make them overtly racist or sexist. Although I suspect it’s more of the latter. It did make me think a bit of Dianne Abbott in that sense, as someone mentioned above. I.e. getting more stick for not remembering something in an interview than the then Foreign Sec got for an inaccuracy in Parliament with grave consequences for Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe. So yeah, some people are unfairly placed under more of a spotlight 

• Like 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season