Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

:lol: Tbf to Edwards I could see him being right here. The Romano link to Diasi seems a little weak to me, it’s in his typical vague fashion and I’ve not seen it elsewhere - Diasi was heavily linked to Man U but they’ve been focused on other areas so it wouldn’t shock me if it was Romano doing one of his agent mates a favor and linking us in the hope it sparks Man U. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kitman said:

So many links and none of them his. It's almost as if he sits there googling transfer news all day...

"Let's wait and see". Doing himself out of a job.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Kitman said:

So many links and none of them his. It's almost as if he sits there googling transfer news all day...

Yes, but there are few players called Poulet Roti.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Howay said:

The classic Edwards caveat after every tweet. I don't think they are interested (really means he doesn't have a clue) but lets wait and see (just in case it might actually be true).

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

The classic Edwards caveat after every tweet. I don't think they are interested (really means he doesn't have a clue) but lets wait and see (just in case it might actually be true).

‘Checked out’ probably equates to ‘googled’ too. Seeing as any info he gets off the club (accurate or otherwise) will likely be on a - don’t call us, we’ll call you - basis 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

Supposedly Daichi Kamada, who was set to join Milan as a free agent from Eintracht Frankfurt, is available and has been offered to both us and Spuds. At least according to 90mins. The restructuring of the hierarchy at Milan apparently resulted in Kamada being left twisting in the wind. He could be a very decent option in that attacking mid role on a free, if we find ourselves struggling with our budget. He had 23 goal involvements last season in 46 games, 16 goals, 7 assists.  

Didn't he say our FFP budget was maxed out then the next day we splashed £60m on Isak?

He doesn't have a clue. 

Id imagine we are playing hardball over Barnes. And so we should. They got relegated and desperately need the wonga.

• Like 2

https://www.nufcblog.co.uk/2023/07/10/newcastle-closing-in-on-frenchman-as-toon-agree-personal-terms-with-two-players-reports/

No idea how reputable this Steve Kay is, but according to him we've agreed terms with Disasi and now we just have to agree a fee with Monaco. Man U are apparently hamstrung by not having moved Maguire on as of yet. Maguire perhaps being a stubborn twat, and not wanting to leave, might actually help us. Tonali, Disasi and Barnes would be a quality way to start the window, with hopefully a left back and an attacking mid and or a forward to come. Obviously I'm going more by reputation than first hand knowledge on the first two, at least in comparison to Barnes who I've seen plenty of. 

This Kay guy perhaps got his "scoop" by using google translate on the guy below.

#Newcastle and #Asmonaco should quickly agree on a sum of 50 M € concerning Axel #Disasi .

The club has already agreed with the player on a 4 season contract. #mercato

Edited by Polarboy

8 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Next season is going to be a big test for Howe. Keeping the likes of Burn, Schar, Willock, Gordon etc happy if they aren't getting regular game time

It’s not so much of a problem as long as we’re winning, I think last season showed that.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Next season is going to be a big test for Howe. Keeping the likes of Burn, Schar, Willock, Gordon etc happy if they aren't getting regular game time

I think he’ll keep the same approach. You get into and keep your place in the team on merit. No one has a divine right to start games.  Everyone has to work hard in matches and training and follow instructions to keep their place. 

One of the downsides of playing for one of the big boys. If a £100m ego like Grealish can handle being benched for games then I don't think any of our lot will have any bother with it.

• Like 1

With CL games on top of our usual league season, there'll be plenty of opportunities for players to get starts and with the 5 sub rule there's plenty of opportunities for players to get minutes too. I don't see it being a big issue for most of the team. Wilson and ASM might struggle to handle not being first choice.

• Like 3

In terms of LB's in Serie A, this guy is as close to Theo Hernandez as you're going to get in terms of what he can offer in attack. Would be an amazing signing if there's anything in this. He'd be a mate for Tonali as an added bonus as well. 

Edited by Polarboy

I haven't seen much of him bar the CL final which he looked good in. Obviously he plays more as a wing back which is almost a different position.

I think I'll form my opinion from watching some you tube clips. Give me 30 mins and I'll come back to you all.

• Haha 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season