Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

There isn't an ounce of that deal that would make sense. 

Ego, no interest in defending, massive wages, doesn't like the cold.

How do you know he doesn’t like the cold? 🤔

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Didnt notice his ego or lack of defending when he scored a hattrick in a world cup final but yes, I doubt he'll leave his current role as Emir of France

image.png.6a54a87067bc3fc4b9190ccef9ee56da.png

Don't you ever, EVER, question me again.

• Haha 6

11 minutes ago, The Fish said:

image.png.6a54a87067bc3fc4b9190ccef9ee56da.png

Don't you ever, EVER, question me again.

I think you need to reread what I said fishy, simmer down 

Look at those attacking stats, oh weeeee tomas hertl hockey GIF by San Jose Sharks

Edited by LongTimeAdmirer

He has an ego and he doesn't defend. He can get away with being a luxury player in the farmers league, for the annual favourites. 11/13 titles won since their takeover.

He wouldn't fare well as part of Eddie Howe's team. Because he doesn't defend, and has an ego. 

Same reason we shipped off ASM. As soon as his failings outweighed his benefits, he was off. 

How many people have we been linked with, well in advance, that we actually signed? Botman? Probably missed a few but it doesn’t seem to be the way we do business. I don’t think we’d have a snowball in hell’s chance of getting him even if we were in for him though. His wages alone will be fucking mental. Is it right he’s out of contract in the summer though? Might be wild speculation based purely on that 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

How many people have we been linked with, well in advance, that we actually signed? Botman? Probably missed a few but it doesn’t seem to be the way we do business. I don’t think we’d have a snowball in hell’s chance of getting him even if we were in for him though. His wages alone will be fucking mental. Is it right he’s out of contract in the summer though? Might be wild speculation based purely on that 

We were linked with Gordon in the summer before we signed him. The rest have all seemed like a matter of hours/days/weeks at most. Seems like we find out at the point a bid has been made pretty much.

Didn't Mbappe sign a new deal after he had his little hissy fit in the summer? Doesn't matter though, he'll want £750k a week no matter where he ends up, so it absolutely will not be here.

2 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

We were linked with Gordon in the summer before we signed him. The rest have all seemed like a matter of hours/days/weeks at most. Seems like we find out at the point a bid has been made pretty much.

Didn't Mbappe sign a new deal after he had his little hissy fit in the summer? Doesn't matter though, he'll want £750k a week no matter where he ends up, so it absolutely will not be here.

Aye. I think you’re right re: Gordon being a long-term target that we’d been linked with the summer before. I had a check and Mbappe did sign a new three year deal in the summer. So that’s a mental fee to add to the wages issue. 

17 minutes ago, Howay said:

It’s never happening of course but I’m not having people turning their noses up at Mbappe :lol:

Think it's more people understanding that Howe would never dream of entertaining the idea, at least not at this point in our development.

38 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Think Trippier was linked with us in the November not after Howe arrived and it felt like the Isak links were there all summer.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

We were linked with Isak then nothing for months before it happened out of nowhere after we’d been linked with ekitke all summer 

• Like 1