Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

30 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Get Ramsdale in, watch Playmobil heed explode

If that’s a possibility then Scarlett owes it to Ramsdale to give him the move. He has proper fucked him over for someone only marginally (and arguably) better. 

Edit: I don’t think he is that good and wouldn’t spent money on him. 

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

If that’s a possibility then Scarlett owes it to Ramsdale to give him the move. He has proper fucked him over for someone only marginally (and arguably) better. 

Edit: I don’t think he is that good and wouldn’t spent money on him. 

I like him, but is he better than Pope? Maybe slightly better with his feet.  But as a shot stopper, nah.

• Like 1

In all seriousness.  He isn't a bad keeper but he hasn't been involved with a team for 6 months so he is going to be extremely rusty.

Dubs was superb v Man Utd in league cup so im happy to give him a chance. He has never let us down before.

• Like 3

De Gea was on silly money at Man U. We wouldn't be matching that.

It'd be interesting to see if he would be coming on a short term deal or something more permanent. Obviously he hasn't got offers from the sort of club he wants to join so even a short term deal would put him in the shop window.

4 months without a team, he's either making ludicrous demands (in which case this will come to nothing), or he's been getting no interest which weakens his negotiating position massively.

Either way, he's not coming here on anything approaching silly money.

• Like 2

Obviously I'd rather Pope who has been in great form lately, but Dubravka and Karius should be fine with Gillespie as further cover. The vigger priority still remains as a striker as it's much less likely that a GK picks up an injury, especially when compared to Wilson and Isak.

• Like 1

De Gea would be available immediately, given he is a free agent, while a striker will have to wait until January anyway.  As everyone has said, though, he would need to temper his wages considerably to make it worth considering, given the current keepers on the books.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

De Gea would be available immediately, given he is a free agent, while a striker will have to wait until January anyway.  As everyone has said, though, he would need to temper his wages considerably to make it worth considering, given the current keepers on the books.  

Don't think we could register him until January anyway.

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Don't think we could register him until January anyway.

I thought you could register free agents anytime. We've done it in the past.

The other usual suspects would be looking for a change in the rules though. 🙂 

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

You can only do it if you have space in your 25 man squad. I don't think we do.

We did it last year with Karius didn't we? I think in an emergency you can register a free agent in place of a player with a long term injury. That won't track for us this time though with three senior keepers available to choose from already.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Imo we bring in De Gea and it upsets the dressing room. I don't think his personality is one Howe is looking for. 

Also it doesn’t send a great message to the reserves if you sign an out of contract player the moment your no. 1 gets injured. 

• Like 3