Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

5 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

"I actually know" to "personally I believe" is a canny leap in one paragraph, mind.

Haha that was my thought too! More I read it, more I question it. Hope that the personal opinion is relating to the permanent signing, but we get him in now as cover for Tonali

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, loonyTOON said:

Haha that was my thought too! More I read it, more I question it. Hope that the personal opinion is relating to the permanent signing, but we get him in now as cover for Tonali

Aye, a loan would do me for now. Gives us until the end of the season to see whether he can be "Howed".  If he's up to it then revisit a potential permanent deal in the summer. If he's shit then I'll piggy back him down to Man Utd.

• Like 1

Aye Howe fit, but having him as a bench/emergency option would be very handy.

Tbf if Phillips still has the desire and ability he showed at Leeds, imagine what a post-Howe transformation would look like? Could be fucking terrifying. That said, I think his injuries in recent times would always put me off sticking in a permanent bid for him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, loonyTOON said:

I've had this from someone who lives in the same building as Kalvin Phillips... good signing? 

7bf4f634-9956-442d-bffc-08ecc3b5108f.jpg

Is this contact a Mr Sean Casey? :D

You would think Kalvin Phillips would have enough money to be able to get a detached house

5 minutes ago, RobElliott said:

Is this contact a Mr Sean Casey? :D

You would think Kalvin Phillips would have enough money to be able to get a detached house

:lol: 

He's in a nice apartment block in the centre of Manchester.

14 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Is this why we've not been bringing him on in games? He's not at the level we hoped and we don't want to trigger an obligation to buy?

i posted that rumour last week and was ridiculed but something doesn't add up.

it's a bit of a stretch that a promising young talent who started a dozen games for chelsea last season couldn't get a sniff off the bench for us, in the middle of our worst ever injury crisis, ahead of the likes of krafth and ritchie. 

i was really excited about him as he looked class against us both times we played chelsea last season, but i trust eddie if he doesn't fancy him. 

• Like 1

‘Lewis is a really talented player. He has huge technical qualities. He is creative and has very good final delivery. He’s a really good attacking full-back. He’s got certain things to learn defensively, which we’re working on with him.

‘But he’s a young age and also recently converted to a left-back. There needs to be a little bit of understanding that he may take a little bit of time to get the defensive solidity that we’re looking for, but he’s a player of such high promise.’

Clearly Howe doesn't trust him defensively. Though if Gordon isn't fit for the weekend then surely he's worth a shout as a replacement?

4 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

If Eddie doesn’t fancy him then I hope we have a get out of jail card.

We must have a number of games he needs to play before it triggers an obligation to buy. How many has he played for us?

'Next question, Luke.'

Luke Edwards: 'How disappointing was Wednesday and how are you going to gee up the players?'

Eddie answers.

'Next question, Keith.'

Keith Downie: 'What is the situation with the injuries, Eddie?'

Eddie answers.

'Next question, Craig.'

Grim Reaper Halloween GIF

'Eddie, can you confirm if Lewis Hall has met performance criteria to make a £28m move from Chelsea permanent?'

Eddie answers neither confirming nor denying.

How-Ingmar-Bergman-film-The-Seventh-Seal

'So you won't confirm it, then?

Sweet.'

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

i posted that rumour last week and was ridiculed but something doesn't add up.

it's a bit of a stretch that a promising young talent who started a dozen games for chelsea last season couldn't get a sniff off the bench for us, in the middle of our worst ever injury crisis, ahead of the likes of krafth and ritchie. 

i was really excited about him as he looked class against us both times we played chelsea last season, but i trust eddie if he doesn't fancy him. 

Chelsea were shit last season and I doubt fat Frank knows how to spell intensity or even fitness. 

Our acknowledged player of the season so far, an established England under 21 player, needed 6 months and the Euros to bring him up to speed. 

Eddie will sort him or chuck him. Hope it's the former given his love of the club.