Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

24 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Kuol joined about 6months after Ashworth. Ashby about 9months later. Forgot about him. He looks shite too :lol: 

Kuol looked alright and appeared for Australia in the World Cup.  He hasn't been handled well since he got here though.  He probably needs to go back to Australia on loan for a bit.

8 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

Kuol looked alright and appeared for Australia in the World Cup.  He hasn't been handled well since he got here though.  He probably needs to go back to Australia on loan for a bit.

"Yi want ya fucking goes like?"

Shola Ameobi eyes coaching role with Newcastle United | Goal.com United  Arab Emirates

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

Not every young player is going to succeed. I’m sure Brighton have plenty that don’t make it. A one in five success rate on young hot shot players would be an excellent return. If you look at the profit Chelsea have made on players who may have only played a handful of games for the first team then you can see how it can be very profitable.

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

I don't think he would have. I think he was diplomatic and said the right things professionally, but ASM never fit the mould Howe wanted in a winger. Maxi was never going to be happy warming the bench, but he was also never going to become the all rounder winger the manager wanted. For one thing he was too fragile, he couldn't manage more than three starts before breaking down with another injury.

Minteh could well be that player but a young kid with ambition probably won't tolerate that for too long either.

Of course he didn't fit the mould, never said he did. ASM had his best game for us under Howe (3-3 against Man City with effectively three assists and terrorised their defense). Howe was working with him and ASM was changing the way he played to try to be a more effective distributor. He'd start on the bench but would see plenty of game time when fit. If FFP wasn't in play Howe would have kept him and comtinued to work on his deficiencies. He's only 26 years old, so potentially had his best footballing years ahead of him.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, OTF said:

Of course he didn't fit the mould, never said he did. ASM had his best game for us under Howe (3-3 against Man City with effectively three assists and terrorised their defense). Howe was working with him and ASM was changing the way he played to try to be a more effective distributor. He'd start on the bench but would see plenty of game time when fit. If FFP wasn't in play Howe would have kept him and comtinued to work on his deficiencies. He's only 26 years old, so potentially had his best footballing years ahead of him.

Maxi, show this man what his support means to you..

image.gif.3162bf84bbed4140f12072c347ccb231.gif

• Haha 9

28 minutes ago, OTF said:

Therein lies the problem. The kid was never fit, and usually after a Man City performance he'd almost inevitably break down and miss a few games - then you'd get an awful sub appearance, a decent sub appearance, a rubbish start, a decent start and a "Man City" start before the cycle started over.

If he could stay fit for a season I'd probably agree that, FFP allowing, Howe would have kept him as a wildcard bench option, but he could never stay fit and that made him outrageously inconsistent performance wise so it made infinitely more sense to cash in, FFP or not.

Minteh could be that wildcard option, and has his entire career to be moulded into something more suitable to Howe's system. But I am not convinced. 9 times out of 10 those players that are equal parts exceptional and frustrating remain so for their entire careers.

Ewerk's right. The plan should be to hoover up loads of talent that we can sell or make use of ourselves. But the aim will be to sell Ashby, Kuol, or Minteh for millions rather than a couple hundred thousand to a Championship team like David Edgar or James Tavernier

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Ewerk's right. The plan should be to hoover up loads of talent that we can sell or make use of ourselves. But the aim will be to sell Ashby, Kuol, or Minteh for millions rather than a couple hundred thousand to a Championship team like David Edgar or James Tavernier

Both Tavernier's tbf - we let (arguably) the better one go to boro's academy.

We've signed a bunch of kids like Heffernan, Hernes, Sahar, Harrison, Sanusi ffor the U21 and U18 squads. These players might make it, might not, but coached well they'll at least be good enough to sell. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, The Fish said:

We've signed a bunch of kids like Heffernan, Hernes, Sahar, Harrison, Sanusi ffor the U21 and U18 squads. These players might make it, might not, but coached well they'll at least be good enough to sell. 

Better player when integrated not good left self standing.

Totally wracked my brain for this and it’s still shit.

• Haha 9

Just now, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Better player when integrated not good left self standing.

Totally wracked my brain for this and it’s still shit.

If you'd used the appliance of science you might've done better?

• Haha 8

21 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Am sure I bought a Sansui portable tv from Rumbelows back in the day :cuppa:

Their 1970s HiFi amps are cracking things, well worth the adventure.

• Like 1

If Ant had Kelly Brooks tits I think I'd start watching Saturday Night Takeaway or whatever the fuck that shows called.

• Haha 2