2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

On his day when he fit he's one of the best strikers around. Unfortunately he's only fit for that day once a season. Thanks for the service but it's time we moved him on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

How the fuck do you end up injuring your pec playing football so you end up needing surgery?  :lol:

It was him wrestling with a Forest defender. Wilson initiated the wrestle, had a foul given against him and tore his pec IIRC 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

I know he’s a crock but this still seems really unlucky / a freak injury. It’s not like he has a history of this sort of injury. It just about sums our luck up this season. Obviously we need a more reliable option there next season though. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Alex said:

I know he’s a crock but this still seems really unlucky / a freak injury. It’s not like he has a history of this sort of injury. It just about sums our luck up this season. Obviously we need a more reliable option there next season though. 

Unlucky but unnecessary as well. 

• Like 1

Screenshot_20240216-114752.thumb.png.b3adc1c952d0edd4297a29a94f4f9bf0.png

Sounds like Howe has had it with Ashworth. :lol:

Edit: article starts with "Eddie Howe has expressed his concern over...", I accidentally chopped that line off the start.

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 3

Need to do some false briefing to ashworth like British intelligence did to the Germans on the lead up to operation overlord. Put a pretend 'dead' body washed up on his garden with made up plans on who we're buying. Make the body Wilson for more plausibility. :good:

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

Need to do some false briefing to ashworth like British intelligence did to the Germans on the lead up to operation overlord. Put a pretend 'dead' body washed up on his garden with made up plans on who we're buying. Make the body Wilson for more plausibility. :good:

cast wilson GIF

• Haha 7

It was notable as well that Howe mentioned that Ashworth's impact was difficult to assess because a DoF position is a long-term position and developments from such a position don't materialise over the short-term. I'm paraphrasing, but, I think given how carefully Howe selects his words, that this is tantamount to telling the press that Ashworth hasn't done fuck all yet and he's already looking for the exit for his own career progression. And moreover he's taking insider secrets with him like a rat. I reckon Howe doesn't like him. That's good enough for me. Pack up ya desk nerd and ...

image.png.c3e4f3ccd1a5b51efe2ed21624dbc82e.png

• Haha 13

20 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Looks like we dodged a bullet with Philips anyways lol

Ironically the more he plays the less chance he has of making the England squad. 

In all fairness, they’ve brought him into a midfield that didn’t need him and is now completely unbalanced.

• Like 1

Outcome of 4,000 simulations of the remaining games. Some interesting stuff in the graphics - we have, on average, the easiest run-in of anyone in the division.

But we've got a less than 2% chance of finishing top 4.

There's a James Lawrence Alcott video on YouTube that zeroes in on some of the outlier sims (Villa winning the league on GD over Liverpool, Man City and Liverpool both finishing outside of the top 4, Sheff United finishing 14th etc).

7th would be a wonderful result for the season. Even 8th is not too bad all things considered.

Does 7th get us Europa League? Or would that get us the tin-pot Europa Conference league or whatever it's called? (Assuming that a team above us wins the FA Cup and we don't pull off a miracle.)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, toonotl said:

7th would be a wonderful result for the season. Even 8th is not too bad all things considered.

Does 7th get us Europa League? Or would that get us the tin-pot Europa Conference league or whatever it's called? (Assuming that a team above us wins the FA Cup and we don't pull off a miracle.)

FA Cup gets us Europa and that's what we should be aiming for, a fucking CUP.

• Like 2